in the race for second place, ps5 beats series x with the CP 2077 1.5 patch (go to 17:48)

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Even without VRR the PS5 version runs better :sabu:

"But if we're to push the engine hard to find the divide, PS5 is the console that wins out. For example, the taxing market run runs 5-10fps to the better on the Sony machine" 

Except they flat out said VRR masks all drops on Xbox, meaning there are none when using VRR :kaz:

i swear you three have no idea what it is lmfao. 

well, how would you? PS5 doesn’t support it.. :deadest:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ghostz is like a "but teh vrr" parrot. it reminds me of when vini learned the word "woke" and used it in every thread.

Dat cope.    It's always an excuse, what happened... Teh tools still haven't matured on Series X as yet?    You guys are running out of excuses as to why games are better on PS5. 

Yeah, we’re still waiting for Xbox Game Studios too.

4 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Except they flat out said VRR masks all drops on Xbox, meaning there are none when using VRR :kaz:

i swear you three have no idea what it is lmfao. 

well, how would you? PS5 doesn’t support it.. :deadest:

No they didn't say it masks all, can you read? Lmfao. 

They said "For the most part" it does mask. 

For the most part =/= all. 

This also ties into what they said about when they pushed both machines... Series X lost out to PS5. 

So "for the most part" VRR masks it... But doesn't mask all when they push the system. 

That's why PS5 won out, because it performed better 

Fucking dumb ass :sabu:

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Except they flat out said VRR masks all drops on Xbox,

they also flat out said that the PS5 version was BETTER

....everytime

Not only that, doesn't the Xbox version have variable-rate shadowing:tom:

so the Xbox loses on performance and image quality.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

No they didn't say it masks all, can you read? Lmfao. 

They said "For the most part" it does mask. 

For the most part =/= all. 

This also ties into what they said about when they pushed both machines... Series X lost out to PS5. 

So "for the most part" VRR masks it... But doesn't mask all when they push the system. 

That's why PS5 won out, because it performed better 

Fucking dumb ass :sabu:

No, they said it “phenomenally masks the drops it has”

wtf. Do you dudes make shit up? Lmfao

4 minutes ago, ghostz said:

No, they said it “phenomenally masks the drops it has”

wtf. Do you dudes make shit up? Lmfao

"It's worth stressing that both consoles are largely tied, locked to the 60fps line in almost every test, every scene. But if we're to push the engine hard to find the divide, PS5 is the console that wins out." 

For example, the taxing market run runs 5-10fps to the better on the Sony machine. PS5 also runs more fluidly in the stress point driving past Tom's Diner, and in the alley shoot-out test that follows it.

For the most part you'll be seeing a 60fps update on both machines - and crucially, Xbox Series X's VRR support does a phenomenal job of masking the performance drops the console does have.

Ghostz can't read confirmed :sabu:

• Geese 1
11 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

"It's worth stressing that both consoles are largely tied, locked to the 60fps line in almost every test, every scene. But if we're to push the engine hard to find the divide, PS5 is the console that wins out." 

For example, the taxing market run runs 5-10fps to the better on the Sony machine. PS5 also runs more fluidly in the stress point driving past Tom's Diner, and in the alley shoot-out test that follows it.

For the most part you'll be seeing a 60fps update on both machines - and crucially, Xbox Series X's VRR support does a phenomenal job of masking the performance drops the console does have.

Ghostz can't read confirmed :sabu:

For the most part is him saying you’ll see 60FPS most of the time on both consoles. Holy shit, you’re really worse than I thought :kaz:

you proved my point :tom:

Edited by ghostz
2 minutes ago, ghostz said:

For the most part is him saying you’ll see 60FPS most of the time on both consoles. Holy shit, you’re really worse than I thought :kaz:

Yes for the most part... Except when at the stress points where the PS5 wins out. 

Ghostz doesn't know what the for the most part means...he thinks it means all the time... What a dumbass :sabu:

Edited by Goukosan
1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Yes for the most part... Except when at the stress points where the PS5 wins out. 

Ghostz doesn't know what the for the most part means...he thinks it means all the time... What a dumbass :sabu:

For the most part it’s smooth on both, but it’s always smooth on Xbox with VRR. It’s literally what they say, in the quote, you just posted. 

:deadest:

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

Where does anywhere say anything about variable rate shadowing????????

on any Elden ring or this game???

Lower quality shadows that do not load in higher quality shadows until you move closer, as compared to the PS5 version which loaded them in sooner.

I mistook Xbox losing in the Elden Ring comparison..............with Xbox losing the Cyberpunk comparison.

Sorry, its just tough to remember with all the Xbox losing.

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Not really... The Series X maintains a higher image quality... and the VRR masks the dips.

Meanwhile on PS5... even though it's ~5-10 fps faster at any given moment in those stress situations, the VRR smooths that out on Series X... yet you'll still feel those dips on PS5.

Edited by Remij
Just now, ghostz said:

For the most part it’s smooth on both, but it’s always smooth on Xbox with VRR. It’s literally what they say, in the quote, you just posted. 

:deadest:

No, its not always smooth, they literally said so on Digital Foundry.

That's why the PS5 wins, everytime.

• Like 1
Just now, jehurey said:

Lower quality shadows that do not load in higher quality shadows until you move closer, as compared to the PS5 version which loaded them in sooner.

I mistook Xbox losing in the Elden Ring comparison..............with Xbox losing the Cyberpunk comparison.

Sorry, its just tough to remember with all the Xbox losing.

Can you link me to where anywhere says Xbox has variable rate shadowing on Elden ring or are you going to continue to avoid it?

Just now, Remij said:

Not really... The Series X maintains a higher image quality... and the VRR masks the dips.

Meanwhile on PS5... even though it's ~5-10 fps faster at any given moment, the VRR smooths that out on Series X... yet you'll still feel those dips on PS5.

They do not know what VRR is. 

Just now, ghostz said:

Can you link me to where anywhere says Xbox has variable rate shadowing on Elden ring or are you going to continue to avoid it?

I didn't avoid it, I literally explained it to you.

And that is on the Digital Foundry comparison of Elden Ring that already came out a couple of months ago.