Russia has officially invaded Ukraine

Just now, Twinblade said:

Neither side is releasing much info atm so we’re pretty blind as to what’s going on. But a Ukrainian government official said today that they breached the first major Russian defense line. Where and to what extent still remains to be seen. 

But the attrition rate still appears to be in Ukraine’s favor. Russia is losing a significant amount of artillery pieces and armored vehicles that they can’t easily replace.

Where do you get those casualties figure, Ukraine MoD? The other side is reporting the same, especially Howitzers lost. Estimated 30% of all new APCs blown. I hear reports also of Ukrainian high command decided to change course and not follow NATO plans anymore. Arguably, the current assault format of the AFU has been a failure anyway. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.youtube.com/@DenysDavydov   This guy posts daily summaries of the main events in the war (He also covered that explosion which was old btw). He's Ukrainian, but he's not afraid t

Wasn't Aza going to Crimea on vacation this month? Well I hope he has a.....blast 

Facts over feelings.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Where do you get those casualties figure, Ukraine MoD? The other side is reporting the same, especially Howitzers lost. Estimated 30% of all new APCs blown. I hear reports also of Ukrainian high command decided to change course and not follow NATO plans anymore. Arguably, the current assault format of the AFU has been a failure anyway. 

I’m not talking about the official numbers from either side. I’m referring to the visually confirmed losses tallied up by the OSINT community on Twitter based on combat footage released

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I’m not talking about the official numbers from either side. I’m referring to the visually confirmed losses tallied up by the OSINT community on Twitter based on combat footage released

Just making sure. 

Russians are so fucking pissed that they lost two naval battleships to sea drones. They're gonna try to neutralize Odessa's ports. It's gonna continue to get ugly. I hate this war so much but I can't stop watching.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Ramza said:

Russians are so fucking pissed that they lost two naval battleships to sea drones. They're gonna try to neutralize Odessa's ports. It's gonna continue to get ugly. I hate this war so much but I can't stop watching.

Ukraine's growing military capabilities are impressive I have to say. Those sea drones traveled for 700km undetected carrying 1000lb payloads. They've also already sent their own domestically produced airborne drones with a range of up to 1000km to Moscow on several occasions.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Ukraine's growing military capabilities are impressive I have to say. Those sea drones traveled for 700km undetected carrying 1000lb payloads. They've also already sent their own domestically produced airborne drones with a range of up to 1000km to Moscow on several occasions.

Drones are neutralizing tanks and battleships in this war. It's forcing everyone to adapt to a new form of warfare. 

49 minutes ago, Ramza said:

@Twinblade

What do you know of the Chechen fighters who just joined the front? They seem like mostly shock infantry to me. 

The chechens fighting on Russia's side are a joke. They just film tik tok/propaganda videos all day. One of the units actually released a video showing them maneuvering and firing weapons on what they claimed was the frontlines. But some savvy OSINT people gelocated the footage and turns out they were in Russia's territory miles from the frontline :D 

The ones on Ukraine's side are highly skilled and motivated though. Many of them are from a generation that lived through Russia's brutal war against Checyna where the capital was turned into rubble and 200K+ civilians died. They have a bone to pick with Russia and some haven't even taken any real breaks since Feb 2022.

• Ben 1
23 hours ago, Twinblade said:

:D why do you keep posting this misleading pro Russian nonsense. There’s hundreds of other sources you could be getting info from 

Yeah, like your armchair experts fanboys who jerks off to every BOTCHED AFU operations. :facep: 

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Yeah, like your armchair experts fanboys who jerks off to every BOTCHED AFU operations. :facep: 

'RUSSIA TO CAPTURE KUPIANSK; RATTLED UKRAINE RUNS' ah yes sounds like a pretty unbiased source :| 

So because they're evacuating civilians from areas where shelling has increased that means they're running away?

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

'RUSSIA TO CAPTURE KUPIANSK; RATTLED UKRAINE RUNS' ah yes sounds like a pretty unbiased source :| 

So because they're evacuating civilians from areas where shelling has increased that means they're running away?

If you could read past the headline without being triggered you'd realize it's a report from Kharkiv regional state administrator on the evacuation. 

21 hours ago, Ramza said:

If you could read past the headline without being triggered you'd realize it's a report from Kharkiv regional state administrator on the evacuation. 

No, the statement from the Ukranian official was about evacuations due to increased shelling in settlements near the combat zone which Twinblade even addressed. The rest of that video, including the two statements Twinblade took issue with, is editorialized by the video.

2 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

No, the statement from the Ukranian official was about evacuations due to increased shelling in settlements near the combat zone which Twinblade even addressed. The rest of that video, including the two statements Twinblade took issue with, is editorialized by the video.

I don't remember seeing anything wrong with the following statements, it's just quoting what Russia/Ukrainian officially said. That's 90% of Hindu Times content. It's just quoting official public statements. 

''Ukraine admit defeat in Kupiansk could impact it's counter offensive''

''Russian claim it's assault units have advanced while conducting combat action''

''The Russian army said that the city is now within their artillery range''

Funny because Twinblade actually posted a Ukrainian propagandist fanboy as some kind of neutral view on the war but takes issues with these kind of statements? 

Please.

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

''Ukraine admit defeat in Kupiansk could impact it's counter offensive''

Where is this said? The video has no issue sourcing and posting the comments from the state administrator verbatim, then swaps back to these unsourced text bubbles for this one. I googled for a source and didn't find anything.

It's not that the quote is illogical, quite the opposite as I imagine a big reason for this offensive by Russia in the north is to draw troops/supplies away from the south, but I don't think Ukraine would admit that they're even considering defeat in Kupiansk at this point. 

''Russian claim it's assault units have advanced while conducting combat action''

This one is fair. Ukraine has stated the advances are not significant, but a) of course that's what they would say, and b) they still admit to advances. There's no claim of effectiveness of advances here and both sides agree to advances so I have no issue with this quote.

''The Russian army said that the city is now within their artillery range''

The city has always been in artillery range and has been getting shelled since Ukraine took it back, so it's not really an accurate statement and is just the Russian army overstating their advances. 

So of those 3 statements, I'd still take issue with 2 of them as being disingenuous with a pro-Russia bias.

Now what about the other statements in that video that I could not fathom a defense for?

"Russia set to 'capture' Kharkiv's Kupiansk"

"'Rattled' Ukraine 'retreats' as Russia advances"

"Kyiv's forces have reportedly retreated from from parts of Kharkiv after huge losses"

Why even try to defend this tripe? It even spins Ukraine's gains in Kharkiv last year as Russia focusing on liberation in Donbas. Like come on. 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

Funny because Twinblade actually posted a Ukrainian propagandist fanboy as some kind of neutral view on the war but takes issues with these kind of statements? 

Please.

I mean this is just whataboutism. "He does it, too" isn't a particularly great defense when trying to defend a source. If you want to admit the source sucks and you post it as a counter, sure, but admit that and don't defend the obvious bias. I'd still question why you feel so strongly about needing to provide a biased counter to a Ukranian propagandist fanboy in this situation, though. I imagine we're all pro-Ukraine here and my response to inaccurate, pro-Ukraine information certainly wouldn't be inaccurate, pro-Russia information.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Where is this said? The video has no issue sourcing and posting the comments from the state administrator verbatim, then swaps back to these unsourced text bubbles for this one. I googled for a source and didn't find anything.

It's not that the quote is illogical, quite the opposite as I imagine a big reason for this offensive by Russia in the north is to draw troops/supplies away from the south, but I don't think Ukraine would admit that they're even considering defeat in Kupiansk at this point. 

This one is fair. Ukraine has stated the advances are not significant, but a) of course that's what they would say, and b) they still admit to advances. There's no claim of effectiveness of advances here and both sides agree to advances so I have no issue with this quote.

The city has always been in artillery range and has been getting shelled since Ukraine took it back, so it's not really an accurate statement and is just the Russian army overstating their advances. 

So of those 3 statements, I'd still take issue with 2 of them as being disingenuous with a pro-Russia bias.

Now what about the other statements in that video that I could not fathom a defense for?

"Russia set to 'capture' Kharkiv's Kupiansk"

"'Rattled' Ukraine 'retreats' as Russia advances"

"Kyiv's forces have reportedly retreated from from parts of Kharkiv after huge losses"

Why even try to defend this tripe? It even spins Ukraine's gains in Kharkiv last year as Russia focusing on liberation in Donbas. Like come on. 

I mean this is just whataboutism. "He does it, too" isn't a particularly great defense when trying to defend a source. If you want to admit the source sucks and you post it as a counter, sure, but admit that and don't defend the obvious bias. I'd still question why you feel so strongly about needing to provide a biased counter to a Ukranian propagandist fanboy in this situation, though. I imagine we're all pro-Ukraine here and my response to inaccurate, pro-Ukraine information certainly wouldn't be inaccurate, pro-Russia information.

For the record I'm not trying to pass the Hindu Times as a neutral view. They're obviously Pro Russians. Besides some of the more click bait headlines I didn't find the video to be that much of a propaganda piece, just a heads up of Russian possible advance in that region/city, which is still true. I avoid posting their videos if I can because I'm always doubting them.

I think some of your arguments are fair, a few are a bit of a stretch but I'm fine with what you said. 

I find Twinblade and your reactions unwarranted. Just trying to put into perspective that I think Twin posted something about equally pro one sided but tried to pass it off as a neutral source to me but whatever, that's not important. I actually watch that other guy too.