Russia has officially invaded Ukraine

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.youtube.com/@DenysDavydov   This guy posts daily summaries of the main events in the war (He also covered that explosion which was old btw). He's Ukrainian, but he's not afraid t

Wasn't Aza going to Crimea on vacation this month? Well I hope he has a.....blast 

Facts over feelings.

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Ukraine just performed their biggest Drone attack on Russia since the beginning of the war. Videos showing explosions are flooding twitter. Apparently they even managed to strike an airfield nearly 700km behind the frontline taking out multiple strategic bombers.

4 hours ago, lynux3 said:

:mj:

You laugh but drones are the most efficient weapon for both sides. Followed by artillery and mines. I wish I was kidding. 

This war is flipping conventions on it's head. Tanks are just easy prey for drones now, and are used mostly as mobile artillery or very small armored convoys compromised of like 3 units. They're too easy to spot with recon drones. 

Also, too much AA automated missiles defense prevent Russian from entering too deep into Ukrainian territories from the air regardless of their air superiority. 

Remove drones from Russian and they would have lost this conflict. I swear half of the confirmed visual kills I have seen were from kamikaze drones. The rest are artillery and mines. With perhaps alligator choppers in fourth place. 

wooow looks like Ukraine is finally firing missiles at Russian territory

Doubt its storm shadow, likely was instead the Ukranian developed Neptune missiles that they recently modified to be able to hit ground targets.

This is significant because it means they can retaliate if Russia decides to attack civilian infrastructure this winter to make Ukraine cold and dark.

• aitch 1
2 minutes ago, Mr. House said:

You laugh but drones are the most efficient weapon for both sides. Followed by artillery and mines. I wish I was kidding. 

This war is flipping conventions on it's head. Tanks are just easy prey for drones now, and are used mostly as mobile artillery or very small armored convoys compromised of like 3 units. They're too easy to spot with recon drones. 

Also, too much AA automated missiles defense prevent Russian from entering too deep into Ukrainian territories from the air regardless of their air superiority. 

Remove drones from Russian and they would have lost this conflict. I swear half of the confirmed visual kills I have seen were from kamikaze drones. The rest are artillery and mines. With perhaps alligator choppers in fourth place. 

I'm at laughing at the dude being upset.

8 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I'm at laughing at the dude being upset.

That's fine. Just wanted to express how efficient drones have been. And they're cheap as fuck. How many drones can you get for the price of one m1 Abram tank? It's crazy to me. 

1 minute ago, Mr. House said:

That's fine. Just wanted to express how efficient drones have been. And they're cheap as fuck. How many drones can you get for the price of one m1 Abram tank? It's crazy to me. 

Fuck the tank; lets compare it to an F-16, and that's a nearly 50 year old air frame that's still being produced today. From what I can see they cost around $30-35 million vs. $7-9 million for an M1 Abrams.

Building cheap drones that can carry a decent size payload is definitely the way to go. I don't know how much they cost, but I see $100K being thrown around every once in a while.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Fuck the tank; lets compare it to an F-16, and that's a nearly 50 year old air frame that's still being produced today. From what I can see they cost around $30-35 million vs. $7-9 million for an M1 Abrams.

Building cheap drones that can carry a decent size payload is definitely the way to go. I don't know how much they cost, but I see $100K being thrown around every once in a while.

Training pilots is probably more costly and longer than tank crews though. 

I know I come across as a Russian supporter but I've been crying for Ukraine to get air support for the longest time. This would allow the AFU to get rid of the Alligators with ease completely removing Russian air superiority. I doubt it will allow them to strike deep in Russian territories, like I said, AA weapons these days are really efficient, not sure about Russia's though. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Mr. House said:

Training pilots is probably more costly and longer than tank crews though. 

I know I come across as a Russian supporter but I've been crying for Ukraine to get air support for the longest time. This would allow the AFU to get rid of the Alligators with ease completely removing Russian air superiority. I doubt it will allow them to strike deep in Russian territories, like I said, AA weapons these days are really efficient, not sure about Russia's though. 

No doubt! Can't forget about having to train people to fly these machines.

Russia's AA is good enough to keep AFU far from the front line when they're doing their sorties. I am not entirely convince a fleet of F-16s will make a major difference, but I'd like to be wrong.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

No doubt! Can't forget about having to train people to fly these machines.

Russia's AA is good enough to keep AFU far from the front line when they're doing their sorties. I am not entirely convince a fleet of F-16s will make a major difference, but I'd like to be wrong.

It wouldn't guarantee some victory but it'll check Russian air forces, which are pretty much unchallenged on the frontline right now. It's a bit frustrating to see. 

I think they need more high quality western made armored vehicles. They're cheap, easier to support when it comes to training and logistics, and far more survivable than the garbage BMPs and BTRs that Ukraine is currently using.

I don't know why the U.S. doesn't just drop like 500 Bradleys on Ukraine at once and call it a day. Those would have a big impact.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

So apparently Ukraine used these ghetto ass cardboard Australian drones to attack those Russian bombers the other day:

OIF.T6WXQtZZTL68h9Qg5HxBsw?pid=ImgDet&rs

Russia couldn't shoot these things down :deader:

This could be a sign of bad things to come in terms of terrorism.