So it turns out, Halo Infinite (and Forza Horizon 5) outscored both Horizon HorseShitted Mess and Grand Boreismo 7

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meanwhile, destiny 2 just dropped an expansion that scored a 9 on GS. Unlike Halo, it will be played months, even years,  after its release. Bungie >>>> 343

I’d rather have a game that people are still playing than a meaningless 8 on Lamespot. Both games are still rated higher than your dead Halo Midfinite on Metacritic 

isn't infinite already dead?   what a boring ass game. 343 truly sucks.

2 minutes ago, ghostz said:

They said the frame rate is. They didn’t say it’s their preferred way to play, that goes to Xbox.

No, the best experience, across all CONSOLE versions, was the PS4 on PS5.

Sweetie.............you talking about VRR is you basically admitting that the priority is the way the game is DISPLAYED THROUGH FRAMERATE.

You're also prioritizing  with frames matching with display refresh rate.

And a locked 60 frames being rendered with a locked 60Hz refresh rate..............................is the best.

Right?

You can't tell me that 43 fps locked to a 43Hz refresh rate is going to be better than 60fps locked to a 60Hz refresh rate, right??????????????????????????????????????

Edited by jehurey
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft's system-level integration of variable refresh rate (VRR) support at least resolves this issue - if it's an option for you, we recommend setting your screen to 60Hz (even if it supports 120Hz) and using VRR here to smooth out the performance drops. All told, this is our preferred way to play the game across any available system -

:juggle:

Just now, ghostz said:

Microsoft's system-level integration of variable refresh rate (VRR) support at least resolves this issue - if it's an option for you, we recommend setting your screen to 60Hz (even if it supports 120Hz) and using VRR here to smooth out the performance drops. All told, this is our preferred way to play the game across any available system -

:juggle:

Using a gimmick to play a game lol. 

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

DF advised the gimmick is the best way to play. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

DF advised it because they're DF... that's what they do. Go for whatever is going to provide the best immersion in the game. Let's not forget what they said to the non-VRR crowd, which again, there is a lot of. How many people do you honestly think are going to drop $2k on a nice gaming TV, just so they can play a game that has frame rate issues? 

3 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Microsoft's system-level integration of variable refresh rate (VRR) support at least resolves this issue

"resolves" doesn't mean "makes it better"

THe PS4 on PS5 version ALSO "resolves" the issue.

And it "resolves" it at a higher framerate locked at a higher display refresh rates.

...........and that "resolved issue" works on 100% percent of all Television.

BOOM.

That's checkmate, right there.

1 minute ago, Sublyminal said:

DF advised it because they're DF... that's what they do. Go for whatever is going to provide the best immersion in the game. Let's not forget what they said to the non-VRR crowd, which again, there is a lot of. How many people do you honestly think are going to drop $2k on a nice gaming TV, just so they can play a game that has frame rate issues? 

OLEDS aren’t 2k necessarily, and plenty of cheaper options support VRR. 

This is reminiscent on the, who cares about HD argument.  VRR will be included on most new mid to high end tvs. 

:mj:

I'm absolutely correct about that.

It resolves the stutter................while STILL HAVING LOWER FRAMERATE.

The PS4 on PS5 version RESOLVES THE STUTTER.............and STILL ACHIEVES THE HIGHER FRAMERATE.

Boom.

That's..................checkmate.:blessed:There's nothing you can say about that.

OLEDS aren’t 2k necessarily, and plenty of cheaper options support VRR. 

This is reminiscent on the, who cares about HD argument.  VRR will be included on most new mid to high end tvs. 

Biiiiii no one wants to buy a $400 OLED tv. You gotta drop those stacks on the good shit if you want that good shit. I got 65" LG C1....fucking kids are always on that shit watching cocomelon or some other dumbshit. 

1 minute ago, Sublyminal said:

Biiiiii no one wants to buy a $400 OLED tv. You gotta drop those stacks on the good shit if you want that good shit. I got 65" LG C1....fucking kids are always on that shit watching cocomelon or some other dumbshit. 

LOL so you have a VRR tv. So your arguement is irrelevant. 

anywho, yeah my girl watches and leaves my cx on all the time smh 

Just now, ghostz said:

I said I had VRR in the previous thread and when Sony releases the firmware that turns it on, within the PS5, then I will have a reason to use it. 

Just now, ghostz said:

No, this isn't an argument about televisions.

This is about the fact that the PS5 hardware is outperforming XBox Series X hardware.

And there's really nothing you can say about THAT PARTICULAR issue, is there?

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No, this isn't an argument about televisions.

This is about the fact that the PS5 hardware is outperforming XBox Series X hardware.

And there's really nothing you can say about THAT PARTICULAR issue, is there?

I can say that Elden ring is a lot smoother to the eye on Xbox, which there is nothing you can say about THAT PARTICULAR issue, is there? 

2 minutes ago, Sublyminal said:

I said I had VRR in the previous thread and when Sony releases the firmware that turns it on, within the PS5, then I will have a reason to use it. 

And you’ll realize the significance of it. Trust me, I turned it off to test it on ER. World of a difference. 

it will make the PS5 version much better then it currently is. 

I can say that Elden ring is a lot smoother to the eye on Xbox,

Sorry.............someone especially as stupid as you who learned about VRR just two weeks ago, isn't going to be labeled an 'expert" on what "your eye" thinks.

You have no credibility on the subject.

The fact that you tried to use your own personal anecdote only confirms that.

The team preferred the PS4 on PS5 version.

The article, authored by the ENTIRE TEAM, which represent Digital Foundry as a whole, was already written.

Sorry, go take it up with the Digital Foundry TEAM.

You aren't going to win on the issue of credibility between "your eye".........and the ENTIRE Digital Foundry team, right?:drake:

2 minutes ago, ghostz said:

And you’ll realize the significance of it. Trust me, I turned it off to test it on ER. World of a difference. 

it will make the PS5 version much better then it currently is. 

We already know the significance of it.

You just barely learned about it two weeks.

And 60fps running on a 60Hz refresh rate that the PS4 on PS5 Elden Ring experience currently is.................is going to be better than 43 fps running on a 43Hz display rate, right?

Right??????? You can't say otherwise, right?

On 2022-03-02 at 2:36 PM, jehurey said:

We already know the significance of it.

You just barely learned about it two weeks.

And 60fps running on a 60Hz refresh rate that the PS4 on PS5 Elden Ring experience currently is.................is going to be better than 43 fps running on a 43Hz display rate, right?

Right??????? You can't say otherwise, right?

No.  It's going to look far uglier.

Which is why John personally chose to play the Xbox version.

He LITERALLY made that choice.  He had the option.. and he made his choice.

It boils down to this... If you ONLY have a PS5... then play the last gen version with ugly graphics.  If you have BOTH consoles and a VRR set... get the Series X version and play the superior experience.. as John did.