So it turns out, Halo Infinite (and Forza Horizon 5) outscored both Horizon HorseShitted Mess and Grand Boreismo 7

14 minutes ago, Remij said:

No.  It's going to look far uglier.

Which is why John personally chose to play the Xbox version.

He LITERALLY made that choice.  He had the option.. and he made his choice.

It boils down to this... If you ONLY have a PS5... then play the last gen version with ugly graphics.  If you have BOTH consoles and a VRR set... get the Series X version and play the superior experience.. as John did.

No, the article from all four members............which takes precedence over one guy from the group.comes down on the fact framerate is priority, and at the end of the day the PS4 on PS5 experience is the best console experience to have.

Now, when the PS5 gets VRR, that will end up being the best of everything, because you have a significant framerate gain while solving the stuttering.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meanwhile, destiny 2 just dropped an expansion that scored a 9 on GS. Unlike Halo, it will be played months, even years,  after its release. Bungie >>>> 343

I’d rather have a game that people are still playing than a meaningless 8 on Lamespot. Both games are still rated higher than your dead Halo Midfinite on Metacritic 

isn't infinite already dead?   what a boring ass game. 343 truly sucks.

Just now, jehurey said:

No, the article from all four members............which takes precedence over one guy from the group.comes down on the fact framerate is priority, and at the end of the day the PS4 on PS5 experience is the best console experience to have.

Now, when the PS5 gets VRR, that will end up being the best of everything, because you have a significant framerate gain while solving the stuttering.

No it doesn't.  They post the numbers as they get them, as they're required to do.  When asked which version they prefer to play given the choice... they choose Xbox Series X with VRR.

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

No it doesn't.  They post the numbers as they get them, as they're required to do.  When asked which version they prefer to play given the choice... they choose Xbox Series X with VRR.

No, John did.

We have the article, that had all four members of DF as co-authors.......and they said that the "best" experience on consoles would be PS4 on PS5.

John Linneman is choosing to settle for the lower framerate with VRR.

Soon, he'll have the option of playing with a better framerate with VRR.

So we still end up on one particular console at the end of the day.

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, John did.

We have the article, that had all four members of DF as co-authors.......and they said that the "best" experience on consoles would be PS4 on PS5.

John Linneman is choosing to settle for the lower framerate with VRR.

Soon, he'll have the option of playing with a better framerate with VRR.

So we still end up on one particular console at the end of the day.

No, they said what the numbers showed... however what they numbers show, and what the actual experience is, are two different things.  Other members of the team SPOKE to John asking HIM about it.. and he gave his take... to which they concurred.

There's no instance of any other member disagreeing with John about the preferred way to play the game.

So, the definitive take.. is that Digital Foundry suggests playing the Xbox version if you have a VRR set... and playing the PS4 version on PS5... if you have no other option... and the PS4 version looks like trash. :hehe: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

No, they said what the numbers showed... however what they numbers show, and what the actual experience is, are two different things.  Other members of the team SPOKE to John asking HIM about it.. and he gave his take... to which they concurred.

No, they chatted on a video podcast.

Its not exactly a declaration. LOL

The definitive take is the article.

You got a problem it....................ask them to UPDATE THE ARTICLE all four members put their name on.

Don't get angry at me because I'm simply pointing you to the words.

15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, they chatted on a video podcast.

Its not exactly a declaration. LOL

The definitive take is the article.

You got a problem it....................ask them to UPDATE THE ARTICLE all four members put their name on.

Don't get angry at me because I'm simply pointing you to the words.

John already stated the official DF verdict.. to other members of DF... to which nobody argued or countered.

He opted to play the superior experience on Xbox Series X... with VRR.  And as such, we know that DESPITE what is written in the article... when it comes to actually EXPERIENCING the game... they choose Xbox.

LOL Jerky begging for all DF members to put their signatures on everything now... that's how you know it's rough for him that Xbox won this one.. LOL last gen versions in BC mode with downgraded visuals :rofl: 

Just now, Remij said:

John already stated

Sorry.............the article exists as is.

The article says..........what is says.

If you don't like it..............tell them to update it.

Don't get angry at me because I am pointing at the article in which ALL FOUR MEMBERS signed off on.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Sorry.............the article exists as is.

The article says..........what is says.

If you don't like it..............tell them to update it.

Don't get angry at me because I am pointing at the article in which ALL FOUR MEMBERS signed off on.

I don't need to do anything.  John was asked by other members, and John stated definitively... that they Xbox version is the way he's personally playing the game... because it's the superior experience.  None of the other members disagreed.

Nobody ever said DF shouldn't present the information as is.  That's their job.  Thankfully, we know that numbers aren't everything.  I can have a game run at a higher framerate and feel less smooth than a game at a much lower framerate.  That's why what they say, is more important than what the numbers show.

DF gave the seal of approval.. to the Xbox Series X version... and the PS4 version on PS5... is the fallback plan if you only own a PS5. :hehe: 

Just now, Remij said:

I don't need to do anything. 

Neither do it, because the article has already been typed, and it says what it says.

Go follow John Linneman all you want.

I'll reference what DIGITAL FOUNDRY committed to typing, by all four members.

Enjoy!:loldance:

16 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Neither do it, because the article has already been typed, and it says what it says.

Go follow John Linneman all you want.

I'll reference what DIGITAL FOUNDRY committed to typing, by all four members.

Enjoy!:loldance:

Wait... I just read the article... this is what they said... they DID update it :kaz: 

Microsoft's system-level integration of variable refresh rate (VRR) support at least resolves this issue - if it's an option for you, we recommend setting your screen to 60Hz (even if it supports 120Hz) and using VRR here to smooth out the performance drops. All told, this is our preferred way to play the game across any available system - though in non-VRR mode, PlayStation 5 does actually run better.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2022-elden-ring-ps5-xbox-series-tech-report

FTW.gif

@ghostz 

Edited by Remij
39 minutes ago, Remij said:

Wait... I just read the article... this is what they said... they DID update it :kaz: 

Microsoft's system-level integration of variable refresh rate (VRR) support at least resolves this issue - if it's an option for you, we recommend setting your screen to 60Hz (even if it supports 120Hz) and using VRR here to smooth out the performance drops. All told, this is our preferred way to play the game across any available system - though in non-VRR mode, PlayStation 5 does actually run better.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2022-elden-ring-ps5-xbox-series-tech-report

FTW.gif

@ghostz 

No they didn't update the article with all four members as co-authors.

THat's a separate article by one author.

ghost posted that article yesterday.............that's what I've already addressed to him.

:drake:Bilbo Backfire Beggins #2:drake:

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No they didn't update the article with all four members as co-authors.

THat's a separate article by one author.

ghost posted that article yesterday.............that's what I've already addressed to him.

:drake:Bilbo Backfire Beggins #2:drake:

All told, this is our preferred way to play the game across any available system

Sorry Jerky... but he's not speaking for himself.... he's speaking for Digital Foundry.

Run along and ask them to change the article then :smugcena:

You're DONE :blessed:

Just now, Remij said:

Sorry sweetie.........I already told you there's only one author in that article.

And Digital Foundry is four members.............and those four members already have an article in which they declare the PS4 on PS5 the best console experience.

Go take it up with.......Digital Foundry.

Just now, jehurey said:

Sorry sweetie.........I already told you there's only one author in that article.

And Digital Foundry is four members.............and those four members already have an article in which they declare the PS4 on PS5 the best console experience.

Go take it up with.......Digital Foundry.

No... because two of those members have already stated that Xbox is the preferred way to play across all systems... so that right there throws out the idea of "four members" having an article.

PS5 doesn't have the best anything.  It LOST.

All told, this is our preferred way to play the game across any available system

You're ded :blessed:

16 minutes ago, Remij said:

No... because two of those members have already stated that Xbox is the preferred way to play across all systems... so that right there throws out the idea of "four members" having an article.

PS5 doesn't have the best anything.  It LOST.

You're ded :blessed:

It hurts him so

BAD

:mj: 

• Geese 1
35 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The article with all four members exists.....and that is that.

Go take it up with Digital Foundry.

Stop crying to me about it.

You’re too stubborn to realize this is a worse look than just admitting youre wrong. Why do you think we continuously make you double down?

all for a game you don’t play and a technology you can’t use. :mroff:

Edited by ghostz
50 minutes ago, ghostz said:

You’re too stubborn to realize this is a worse look than just admitting youre wrong. Why do you think we continuously make you double down?

all for a game you don’t play and a technology you can’t use. :mroff:

No, I'm simply showing you basic words from things that are easily observable.

And you already know that everything you done and said is out the window the moment the PS5 gets VRR...........so think about pathetic you are trying to fight for a TEMPORARY victory that you ALREADY KNOW you're going to lose.

And you're trying to lecture me about "bad looks"?:drake:

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, I'm simply showing you basic words from things that are easily observable.

Indeed.