[VGC] Gran Turismo 7’s microtransactions have gone live, and GT Sports’ $5 cars now cost $40.

:tom:

During the review period, these microtransactions were inaccessible, so it wasn't possible to tell how much credits would cost when the game was released.

Now that it's out, however, the full prices for these microtransactions have been revealed.

There are four packs of credits available on the PlayStation Store, costing the following amounts each:

• 100,000 credits – $2.49 / £1.99
  • 250,000 credits – $4.99 / £3.99
  • 750,000 credits – $9.99 / £7.99
  • 2,000,000 credits – $19.99 / £15.99

Cars in the game range from tens or hundreds of thousands of credits for lower-spec vehicles to many millions of credits for the most high-performance ones.

Gran Turismo Sport let players buy individual cars as microtransactions, with the vast majority of cars costing between $0.99 and $4.99 each. This is no longer the case in Gran Turismo 7.

now, you can earn credits during the game so that’s good. But yikes, Sony gonna rob a lot of cows blind here :D 

Edited by ghostz
Just now, Sublyminal said:

Another ghostz failure thread... Dude.. this just allows people to unlock shit faster. Everyone knows that whales are impatient as fuck. Most people will just build up the credits and get the cars that way.

so in other words........its just a Forza Horizon $100 Deluxe edition if you pay the extra money.

ghost:tom:

6 minutes ago, Sublyminal said:

Another ghostz failure thread... Dude.. this just allows people to unlock shit faster. Everyone knows that whales are impatient as fuck. Most people will just build up the credits and get the cars that way.

no, it allows them to unlock things more expensively than ever before. LOL. $5 to $40 :deadest:

all for a 8.0 floooooooop :cruise:

Just now, ghostz said:

no, it allows them to unlock things more expensively than ever before. LOL. $5 to $40 :deadest:

all for a 8.0 floooooooop :cruise:

You really don't grasp that you don't have to spend money unless you want to... do you?

Just now, ghostz said:

Was I not the first one to say that? Wtf :D 

how is this better than the cars being priced how they were for GT sport? :D 

If idiots are willing to pay that, that's on them. It doesn't change the fact that you don't have to spend unless you want to... and most people aren't going to spend just to have fake cars in game. 

Just now, Sublyminal said:

If idiots are willing to pay that, that's on them. It doesn't change the fact that you don't have to spend unless you want to... and most people aren't going to spend just to have fake cars in game. 

I bet microtransactions make millions for the game lmao 

paying for cars :dead2: that basically ruins the GT experience. the fun is unlocking them via in-game currency from races, which is still the core of the game. i don't know why one would want to buy a car with $$$, unless they have no idea how GT titles work.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

that's pretty good :deniro:

:-*

Really though... if this is true, I DO think it's pretty scummy that they're hiking the prices up that much.  $40 for a single car is pretty ridiculous.  I mean it's not Star Citizen levels of bad... but it's pretty bad.

But as long as the game is reasonable with the in game currency you get, then in the end it doesn't really matter.. just play the game and unlock it normally.  And I literally ALWAYS buy the $120 version of Forza games with all the cars and DLCs.. and considering they're reusing a lot of the same cars.. you're essentially paying for the same thing you've already bought before :D 

That's neither here nor there though... I find the value not in the actual content.... but the time I spend with it.  So if you spend $40 on a car in a game, and play that game for like 200h and drive it often... then who's to say it wasn't worth it? :shrug: 

Edited by Remij

Well, unlike shitty Halo Midfinite these microtransactions do not affect gameplay as nothing is hidden behind a paywall and you can easily unlock all the cars just from racing. Earning credits is very easy in the game and this is just for the whales.  GT Sport had these same microtransactions and no one bat an eye. Shows you the clowns that didn’t play GT Sport that are currently complaining. Another failed @ghostz thread.

:mjgrin: Why don’t you go back to playing dead Halo Midfinite and it’s microtransactions  cat ear helmets and armor paint that require you to buy nail Polish to unlock?

We didn’t see any thread from you when Forza and Halo Infinite both revealed nail polish armor and skins. :freeman: I wonder why…

0D163D0C-08DD-4AFB-81F1-A51549B019A9.jpeg

C8A8494B-A6E9-4D66-BEA1-44422A764C39.jpeg

7082C350-C458-48C7-97BE-D9016CC5D3AA.jpeg

6BAD9B57-184F-49B0-AC40-9F058270383F.png

Edited by FIREPOWER
13 minutes ago, Remij said:

Really though... if this is true, I DO think it's pretty scummy that they're hiking the prices up that much.  $40 for a single car is pretty ridiculous.  I mean it's not Star Citizen levels of bad... but it's pretty bad.

But as long as the game is reasonable with the in game currency you get, then in the end it doesn't really matter.. just play the game and unlock it normally.  And I literally ALWAYS buy the $120 version of Forza games with all the cars and DLCs.. and considering they're reusing a lot of the same cars.. you're essentially paying for the same thing you've already bought before :D 

That's neither here nor there though... I find the value not in the actual content.... but the time I spend with it.  So if you spend $40 on a car in a game, and play that game for like 200h and drive it often... then who's to say it wasn't worth it? :shrug: 

very true! i also get the premium edition of fh. as for this game, i'm putting it on hold for elden ring. i'm literally counting down the hours, so i can play it.

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Well, unlike shitty Halo Midfinite these microtransactions do not affect gameplay as nothing is hidden behind a paywall and you can easily unlock all the cars just from racing. Earning credits is very easy in the game and this is just for the whales.  GT Sport had these same microtransactions and no one bat an eye. Shows you the clowns that didn’t play GT Sport that are currently complaining. Another failed @ghostz thread.

:mjgrin: Why don’t you go back to playing dead Halo Midfinite and it’s microtransactions  cat ear helmets and armor paint that require you to buy nail Polish to unlock? We didn’t see any thread from you when Forza and Halo Infinite both revealed nail Polish armor and skins. :freeman: I wonder why…

0D163D0C-08DD-4AFB-81F1-A51549B019A9.jpeg

C8A8494B-A6E9-4D66-BEA1-44422A764C39.jpeg

7082C350-C458-48C7-97BE-D9016CC5D3AA.jpeg

6BAD9B57-184F-49B0-AC40-9F058270383F.png

How does Halo's micro transactions impact gameplay? Do you ever not self own yourself? :tom:  Halo is also FTP..GT is $70 :tom: 

Edited by ghostz
46 minutes ago, Remij said:

I mean, just look at the value. for 120, you get Forza (better game) and a slew of DLC. In GT, for $110 you get the game (a flop) and one additional car. Lol.