Digital Foundry: Gran Turismo 7 - PS5 vs PS4 Pro vs PS4 Cross-Gen Comparison - The Ultimate Head-to-Head!

Ultimately, Polyphony Digital has delivered three excellent versions of Gran Turismo 7. In common with other first-party Sony games, the PS4 and Pro versions are mostly identical - resolutions apart. And as the core engine was built for that generation of hardware, it's still a very good-looking game - and key engine improvements (such as dynamic time of day, weather, cloud rendering etc) make their way into all versions of the game. Comparing PS4 Pro to PS5 is almost like comparing a well-scaled PC game from its low/medium settings to high/ultra - with a sizeable resolution boost added too.

In b4 @ghostz complete meltdown 

D543BEFF-1806-4BD6-9FC6-A8CCBB5AF33A.jpeg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL he really is butthurt.   Didn't I just say that you didn't have any other choice?Thanks for proving that, as well.

Well damn, that looks pretty nice! 

just a little over an hour ago:   just a couple of minutes ago:   all because he's angry that Gran Turismo 7 came out, and he's forced to play a stuttery game because h

8 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Ultimately, Polyphony Digital has delivered three excellent versions of Gran Turismo 7. In common with other first-party Sony games, the PS4 and Pro versions are mostly identical - resolutions apart. And as the core engine was built for that generation of hardware, it's still a very good-looking game - and key engine improvements (such as dynamic time of day, weather, cloud rendering etc) make their way into all versions of the game. Comparing PS4 Pro to PS5 is almost like comparing a well-scaled PC game from its low/medium settings to high/ultra - with a sizeable resolution boost added too.

In b4 @ghostz complete meltdown 

D543BEFF-1806-4BD6-9FC6-A8CCBB5AF33A.jpeg

8 :tom:

28 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

People still convince themselves this is a good series? Shit is like a digital sleeping pill. 

I used to love it. However, the more vids I watch, the more I think I may have grown out of these games. 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

People still convince themselves this is a good series? Shit is like a digital sleeping pill. 

I like trying to get the best possible time trial.

And the style of the game is something I appreciate so much more now that I'm older, and I've gotten to watch the best episodes of BBC's Top Gear and the way they love high-end cars.

3 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

haha

If you like cars, and "car culture" then it's great.

Think about the amount of people out there who love games like "Football manager" and stuff like that.  There's people who would buy the fuck out of a game designed solely around managing a virtual race car driver, handling the business side of it, and buying and upgrading cars, ect... and never actually racing them, just simulating the race results.

Dead ass boring to most people, but some people LOOOOVE that shit.

52 minutes ago, Remij said:

haha

If you like cars, and "car culture" then it's great.

Think about the amount of people out there who love games like "Football manager" and stuff like that.  There's people who would buy the fuck out of a game designed solely around managing a virtual race car driver, handling the business side of it, and buying and upgrading cars, ect... and never actually racing them, just simulating the race results.

Dead ass boring to most people, but some people LOOOOVE that shit.

Remys never owned a car in his 46 years on earth 

Edited by ghostz
2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, I was more hyped when I saw snippets of the titie. I had forgotten how the games lack a sense of speed. 

Yep, that's always been a problem with GT imo.  Especially if you play with chase cam... not that I'd understand why anyone would want to do that anyway in a racing sim lol

20 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yep, that's always been a problem with GT imo.  Especially if you play with chase cam... not that I'd understand why anyone would want to do that anyway in a racing sim lol

Word. Somehow, even Forza Motorsport 7 feels faster. 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, I was more hyped when I saw snippets of the titie. I had forgotten how the games lack a sense of speed. 

I already knew this from the start.

The Gran Turismo formula has been stagnant since GT4 on PS2.

GT5 was a wash, and so flawed. 

I didn't even care about GT6.

GT Sport was meh, and GT7 is showing signs that Kaz is not learning and won't bother to improve the series.

He only gives a shit about modelling cars and making them as close to real life, and that's fine but a racing game needs a good career mode, good physics and damage.

Doing rolling starts in 2022 for a racing game that tries to replicate real life motorsports.

Really, get the fuck out.

1 hour ago, MalaXmaS said:

I already knew this from the start.

The Gran Turismo formula has been stagnant since GT4 on PS2.

GT5 was a wash, and so flawed. 

I didn't even care about GT6.

GT Sport was meh, and GT7 is showing signs that Kaz is not learning and won't bother to improve the series.

He only gives a shit about modelling cars and making them as close to real life, and that's fine but a racing game needs a good career mode, good physics and damage.

Doing rolling starts in 2022 for a racing game that tries to replicate real life motorsports.

Really, get the fuck out.

It has grid starts as well but you would know this if you actually played the game instead of watching YouTube videos like a lemshit.

That’s my problem with you stupid lems, a lot unsubstantiated claims and bullshit coming from your mouths instead of actual facts.

When it comes to sims on consoles GT7 is still ahead of Flopza by a lot. The multiplayer is more realistic thanks to the driver ratings and penalties and the physics are a lot better. The game is also easily the best racing when it comes to using a controller because let’s face it not everyone wants to use a wheel setup all the time they play a game like this. Sometimes it’s just not convenient. The Dualsense is really implemented beautifully with this game thanks to the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback.

The game has evolved a lot since the last time you probably played it which from hearing what you say sounds like you last touched it during the PS2 or early PS3 era. The learned a lot from GT Sport which was an actual Olympic esport for a reason, and implemented a lot of the lessons learned into GT7 and improved on it. On PC there are more realistic sims but when it comes to the consoles sims GT is ahead of the pack. Forza Motorsport isn’t even close with it’s dated physics and bumper car multiplayer where everyone drives like an idiot.

Edited by FIREPOWER
15 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

It has grid starts as well but you would know this if you actually played the game instead of watching YouTube videos like a lemshit.

That’s my problem with you stupid lems, a lot unsubstantiated and bullshit coming from your mouths instead of actual facts.

When it comes to sims on consoles GT7 is still ahead of Flopza by a lot. The multiplayer is more realistic thanks to the driver ratings and penalties and the physics are a lot better. The game is also easily the best racing when it comes to using a controller because let’s face it not everyone wants to use a wheel setup all the time they play a game like this. Sometimes it’s just not convenient. The Dualsense is really implemented beautifully with this game thanks to the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback.

The game has evolved a lot since the last time you probably played it which from hearing what you say sounds like you last touched it during the PS2 or early PS3 era. The learned a lot from GT Sport which was an actual Olympic esport for a reason, and implemented a lot of the lessons learned into GT7 and improved on it. On PC there are more realistic sims but when it comes to the consoles sims GT is ahead of the pack. Forza Motorsport isn’t even close with it’s dated physics and bumper car multiplayer where everyone drives like an idiot.

Lmfao talking about racing Sims and then mentioning controllers.

@Remij was right. You are q fucking idiot.

46 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Lmfao talking about racing Sims and then mentioning controllers.

@Remij was right. You are q fucking idiot.

LMAO, he's calling for backup :will2:

I was talking about the option of controllers you moron. Of course with a steering wheel it still fucking owns the shit out of Forza thanks to it's much better physics. I like how you skipped the main topic I owned you at and went straight to racing wheels in a lame attempt to save your stupid ass.

The game has grid starts while you claimed it didn’t and it’s multiplayer is still far superior to the dogshit multiplayer of Flopza. There’s a reason the game sits at a nice 88 on MC while Flopza is an 86. Flopza Motorsport is the one that has been left in the dust now and needs to evolve. Stop playing games through YouTube and actually play them for real you fucking retard :hest:

FlopzaCapture.thumb.JPG.0df3470919bd4e26370da46c19484eb4.JPG

GT7Capture.thumb.JPG.588fe0d08c91e51aae4060956db47409.JPG

Edited by FIREPOWER
18 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

I was talking about the option of controllers you moron. Of course with a steering wheel it still fucking owns the shit out of Forza. I like how you skipped the main topic I owned you at and went straight to racing wheels in a lame attempt to save your stupid ass.

The game has grid starts while you claimed it didn’t and it’s multiplayer is still far superior to the dogshit multiplayer of Flopza. There’s a reason the game sits at a nice 88 on MC while Flopza is an 86. Flopza Motorsport is the one that has been left in the dust now and needs to evolve. Stop playing games through YouTube and actually play them for real you fucking retard :hest:

FlopzaCapture.thumb.JPG.0df3470919bd4e26370da46c19484eb4.JPG

GT7Capture.thumb.JPG.588fe0d08c91e51aae4060956db47409.JPG

If you knew even a quarter of the shit you spew, you would realize that GT Sport was a shit show online.

Lots of penalties for small contacts and getting hit by rammers added to the frustration of many GT Sport players.

The actual ff from most common wheels, including the sponsored Fanatec is weaker than GT Sport.

That tells you what's going on over there.

Like you said, you are a moron.

I never mentioned anything regarding Forza Motorsport 7 being the superior racing sim.

FM7 is an arcade game, and if you actually paid attention to anything that I said, I bashed the game for the homologation aspects.

Just now, MalaXmaS said:

If you knew even a quarter of the shit you spew, you would realize that GT Sport was a shit show online.

Lots of penalties for small contacts and getting hit by rammers added to the frustration of many GT Sport players.

The actual ff from most common wheels, including the sponsored Fanatec is weaker than GT Sport.

That tells you what's going on over there.

Like you said, you are a moron.

I never mentioned anything regarding Forza Motorsport 7 being the superior racing sim.

FM7 is an arcade game, and if you actually paid attention to anything that I said, I bashed the game for the homologation aspects.

Coming from the idiot that hasn't touched a GT since GT5, FOH you clown :drake:

You are the retard that has no idea hat he's talking about. The penalties and Sportmanship rating prevent the 21 car pileups and shitty driving Flopza's online is notorious for :mj:

Imagine claiming that penalties are a problem but being okay with this fuckery in a so-called racing sim :kaz:

Only a lem retard can make a claim like this :roff: