Axios: Gaming's Netflix or Spotify moment is still a long way off (TLHBR)

https://www.axios.com/video-game-subscriptions-xbox-game-pass-netflix-d9c70eb3-ae8e-4d07-93bc-15f3885f4eb4.html

TLHBRGPCapture2.thumb.JPG.5b83153ee2c920d7692b0a3d3e71bb8f.JPG

:mroff: Looks like the dumbasses at MS bet on the wrong horse again. Subscription services only make a measly 4% of gaming revenue and they are still many decades away from being the dominant way to game for most gamers if ever. With today’s news of Sony merging PS Plus and PS Now not only will Sony have the biggest sub service around they don’t have to cannibalize their games and business to chase after some Pie in the Cloud “Netflix of gaming”  bullshit dream. They get to eat from gaming services and still ensure they are the dominant force in retail where the real money is.

:mroff:  TLHBFR! MS put Halo Infinite on GP day and date for nothing. The game flopped hard and GP is still nowhere next to making big money for them lol.

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WTF are you talking about?   PS Plus Premium costs $120/yr and comes with 700+ games, it’s cheaper than BumPass and comes with way more games.      Where are you getting “5 X GPU

No, this is a completely misleading statistic.   Nobody knew Netflix as a primary streaming platform in 2007.   The average person who got into Netflix for streaming was around the

Bbbbut Nintendo and Sony going to follow gamepass any day now.. It must happen soon right... Right? 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, ghostz said:

He’s happy he gets to pay for a subscription service that costs like 5x GPU which doesn’t include day 1 games. :mroff:

:cruise: WTF are you talking about?

PS Plus Premium costs $120/yr and comes with 700+ games, it’s cheaper than BumPass and comes with way more games.

:mroff: Where are you getting “5 X GPU price” from $120/yr? Stay off the crack cocaine :freeman:

:sabu: It seems PS Plus  butthurt has made you lose your marbles 

8154FCD9-4A4D-4826-A72F-4A3ED037FE67.jpeg

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • dead 1
3 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

:cruise: WTF are you talking about?

PS Plus Premium costs $120/yr and comes with 700+ games, it’s cheaper than BumPass and comes with way more games.

:mroff: Where are you getting “5 X GPU price” from $120/yr? Stay off the crack cocaine :freeman:

GPU costs around $5 a month (often less) converting Xbox Live to Gamepass. I’m paid off for at least another year, and it broke down to less than $5 a month for 3 years for me. 

So my bad, the price for the mid tier is only 2x. The top tier tho = 215$ a year, which is almost 4x higher. :kaz:

Edited by ghostz
1 minute ago, ghostz said:

GPU costs around $5 a month (often less) converting Xbox Live to Gamepass. I’m paid off for at least another year, and it broke down to less than $5 a month for 3 years for me. 

So my bad, the price for the mid tier is only 2x. The top tier tho = 215$ a year, which is almost 4x higher. :kaz:

FOH, you clown that's not the actual price of ShitPass, that's the limited time deal price.

If you're going to include deals you can also get PS Plus Premium for buy converting PS Now which costs $60/yr to PS Plus Premium for free. They are offering the deal right now if you go read their blog. That translates to $5/month for 700+ games, still better value than ShitPass, cry harder :mroff::mroff::mroff::mroff::mroff:

PSNowC.JPG.638d7a393f4c5d99632c0673acaec437.JPG

E3YFLgoWYAQQWmC.thumb.jpg.57123c025b87cb810ec05c9a2f8275f8.jpg

• FIREPOWER changed the title to Axios: Gaming's Netflix or Spotify moment is still a long way off (TLHBR)
31 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

FOH, you clown that's not the actual price of ShitPass, that's the limited time deal price.

If you're going to include deals you can also get PS Plus Premium for buy converting PS Now which costs $60/yr to PS Plus Premium for free. They are offering the deal right now if you go read their blog. That translates to $5/month for 700+ games, still better value than ShitPass, cry harder :mroff::mroff::mroff::mroff::mroff:

PSNowC.JPG.638d7a393f4c5d99632c0673acaec437.JPG

E3YFLgoWYAQQWmC.thumb.jpg.57123c025b87cb810ec05c9a2f8275f8.jpg

That “limited time deal” has been around for years and still is. LOL you got played by Sony…. Again. :deadest:

and 700 games… you don’t wanna play. :tom: there’s nothing on there for you, and you know it. Most are streamed ps1/2/3 games :kaz:

Edited by ghostz
2 minutes ago, ghostz said:

That “limited time deal” has been around for years and still is. LOL you got played by Sony…. Again. :deadest:

and 700 games… you don’t wanna play. :tom: there’s nothing on there for you, and you know it. Most are streamed ps1/2/3 games :kaz:

Damn, he’s not handling the latest news well. Even in sub services Xbox is last place.

So you’re telling me as a PC gamer with no access to XBL if I wanna get GP for $5/yr I can get it right now? Why are you lying? The feature is only there for people who stacked up on XBL back in the day. Everyone else has to pay the full price right now. The $1 deal for GP only works for like a month.

😭 B…bu..but it has gamez you d0n’T wAnNa pLaY!!”

:mroff: LMAO! A complete meltdown. 

890660A7-00CD-4A7F-980F-F16DCA7073A3.jpeg

9 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Damn, he’s not handling the latest news well. Even in sub services Xbox is last place.

So you’re telling me as a PC gamer with no access to XBL if I wanna get GP for $5/yr I can get it right now? Why are you lying? The feature is only there for people who stacked up on XBL back in the day. Everyone else has to pay the full price right now. The $1 deal for GP only works for like a month.

😭 B…bu..but it has gamez you d0n’T wAnNa pLaY!!”

:mroff: LMAO! A complete meltdown. 

890660A7-00CD-4A7F-980F-F16DCA7073A3.jpeg

I’m talking about Xbox, why are you bringing up PC? 

All you have to do is buy Xbox Live gold for 12 months. You can find them almost anywhere for $60, but they regularly go on sale for $30. :tom5: 

Enjoy those streamed ps2 games :mj: 

Edited by ghostz
9 minutes ago, ghostz said:

I’m talking about Xbox, why are you bringing up PC? 

All you have to do is buy Xbox Live gold for 12 months. You can find them almost anywhere for $60, but they regularly go on sale for $30. :tom5: 

Enjoy those streamed ps2 games :mj: 

:freeman:Because nobody buys Xbox or XBL Gold, they are both dogshit. Nobody is gonna be using your ghetto method to stack GPU, the standard price is $180/yr and you’re just gonna have to deal with the fact PS Premium is cheaper and has way more games, and is the bigger service. Cope harder :mroff:

0C2E096B-B86B-4FC3-A66A-FA465334C1E5.jpeg

4 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

:freeman:Because nobody buys Xbox or XBL Gold, they are both dogshit. Nobody is gonna be using your ghetto method to stack GPU, the standard price is $180/yr and you’re just gonna have to deal with the fact PS Premium is cheaper and has way more games, and is the bigger service. Cope harder :mroff:

0C2E096B-B86B-4FC3-A66A-FA465334C1E5.jpeg

it’s a pretty well known deal. Meanwhile you’re stuck paying $17.99 a month for ps1 games. Lmao. Sony pulled the rug from underneath you, again. :blessed:

Gamepass has got MS betting big on AA-tier games, and taking way less risks. If it was successful, they'd be pulled even harder in that direction. No joke, watch for their major franchises to go episodic this generation.

20 minutes ago, ghostz said:

it’s a pretty well known deal. Meanwhile you’re stuck paying $17.99 a month for ps1 games. Lmao. Sony pulled the rug from underneath you, again. :blessed:

“It’s a pretty well known deal” is useless to a PC gamer like myself who doesn’t deal with the shitty Xbox Series L.

Nope, I’m not paying anything $17.99 month. Unlike you I’m not a stupid broke bastard. I’ll pay yearly like everyone else that has a brain. PS Now currently costs $60/yr and when it merges it will be upgraded free to premium which normally costs $120/yr ($10/month). Even if I don’t  get PS Now with that deal, $10/month for the largest library of games out there consisting of 700+ games (PS1,PS2, PS3, PS4, PS5 and PSP games)  is a sweet deal and unmatched in gaming.

:hest: And just like that GamePass is now last place in services lol

F8EE0B62-5FD6-4D4D-98E6-7FF508A06D83.jpeg

559C5A14-2193-467C-9492-20D283663E70.jpeg

Edited by FIREPOWER
4 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

“It’s a pretty well known deal” is useless to a PC gamer like myself who doesn’t deal with the shitty Xbox Series L.

Nope, I’m not paying anything $17.99 month. Unlike you I’m not a stupid broke bastard. I’ll pay yearly like everyone else that has a brain. PS Now currently costs $60/yr and when it merges it will be upgraded free to premium which normally costs $120/yr ($10/month). Even if I don’t  get PS Now with that deal, $10/month for the largest library of games out there consisting of 700+ games (PS1,PS2, PS3, PS4, PS5 and PSP games)  is a sweet deal and unmatched in gaming.

:hest: And just like that GamePass is now last place in services lol

F8EE0B62-5FD6-4D4D-98E6-7FF508A06D83.jpeg

559C5A14-2193-467C-9492-20D283663E70.jpeg

Sorry, no one wants to stream psp, ps1, ps2, or ps3 games in 2022. If they do, it’s cheaper to just pick a ps1 and the games up. :tom:

why are you comparing games to movies? Lmao. The average content length on Netflix is like 40 minutes. A game is several hours. 

also, you’re comparing Netflix to gamepass in terms of subscriber counts, despite Netflix being available on nearly everything. The user base for tv is 1000x greater than gaming you tard. 

you’re so riled up and excited to pay $120 a year for ps1 games that you already own :tom:

17 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Ps your little chart doenst include regular Xbox live subscribers, which is over 100 million.  That Apple Music figure is also 3 years old. 

Majority of Xbox Live consists of silver members which is free. If you wanna go that route I’ll just include total PSN monthly active numbers and that destroys Xbox as well :freeman:

Either way you still lose, PSN still has way more users lol.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/272639/number-of-registered-accounts-of-playstation-network/

33108441-43B6-43D0-9B09-79CA04E4F66A.jpeg

3A2F0242-2371-4957-82E6-B3AB2A2E82BE.jpeg

:cruise: Not surprised to see Lemij in here supporting his fellow retard lem buddy. Two asshurt clowns in misery today.

Edited by FIREPOWER
1 minute ago, FIREPOWER said:

Majority of Xbox Live consists of silver members which is free. If you wanna go that route I’ll just include total PSN monthly active numbers and that destroys Xbox as well :freeman:

Either way you still lose, PSN still has way more users lol.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/272639/number-of-registered-accounts-of-playstation-network/

33108441-43B6-43D0-9B09-79CA04E4F66A.jpeg

3A2F0242-2371-4957-82E6-B3AB2A2E82BE.jpeg

Way more? Lol 11 million more despite having a way bigger user base. XBL ratio is significantly higher. 

Either way, Gamepass is the premium market for game subscriptions. It’s in its own category. 

20 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Way more? Lol 11 million more despite having a way bigger user base. XBL ratio is significantly higher. 

Either way, Gamepass is the premium market for game subscriptions. It’s in its own category. 

PC + Xbox  + Nintendo Switch is a bigger userbase  than Playstation alone you retard. Did you think all those MS active user numbers were from shitty Xbox and its tiny userbase alone?

:mroff: What a fucking retard, you don’t even know shit about the company you are capping for. Those MS numbers include PC and Nintendo Switch as well (through signing into XBL on Minecraft on Switch, MS includes them too lol)

PS Plus is now the biggest premium subscription service, you lose either way you try to shift the goal posts :mickeyj:

Edited by FIREPOWER