Axios: Gaming's Netflix or Spotify moment is still a long way off (TLHBR)

4 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

PC + Xbox  + Nintendo Switch is a bigger userbase  than Playstation alone you retard. Did you think all those MS active user numbers were from shitty Xbox and its tiny userbase alone?

:mroff: What a fucking retard, you don’t even know shit about the company you are capping for. Those MS numbers include PC and Nintendo Switch as well (through Minecraft, MS includes them too lol)

yeah and those Netflix numbers are for everyone person who owns a smart device :kaz:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WTF are you talking about?   PS Plus Premium costs $120/yr and comes with 700+ games, it’s cheaper than BumPass and comes with way more games.      Where are you getting “5 X GPU

No, this is a completely misleading statistic.   Nobody knew Netflix as a primary streaming platform in 2007.   The average person who got into Netflix for streaming was around the

Bbbbut Nintendo and Sony going to follow gamepass any day now.. It must happen soon right... Right? 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, ghostz said:

yeah and those Netflix numbers are for everyone person who owns a smart device :kaz:

:mroff: What does Netflix have to do with Xbox ShitPass being last place in sub services? Are you trying to deflect?

Edited by FIREPOWER
3 hours ago, ghostz said:

*looks at the OP title*

:bena:

And? What’s your point here? 

Those services are still much bigger than PS Plus or Shit Pass and prove that gaming services still have a long way to go to become mainstream.

Dumbshit lems like you keep saying MS is trying to become the Netflix of gaming, these numbers prove they aren’t anywhere close to that becoming a reality. 

MS wanted ShitPass to become a disruptive force in gaming and usher in a new subscription era but even with all the sub services out there combined they only rake in less than 4% of total gaming revenue  :mickeyj:

Now that PS Plus is poised to be the number 1 gaming sub service, MS is even last place in this niche market of gaming they have struggled to carve out :mroff:

Edited by FIREPOWER
1 minute ago, FIREPOWER said:

And? What’s your point here? 

Those services are still much bigger than PS Plus or Shit Pass and prove that gaming services still have a long way to go to become mainstream.

Dumbshit lems like you keep saying MS is trying to become the Netflix of gaming, these numbers prove they aren’t anywhere close to that becoming a reality. 

MS wanted ShitPass to become a disruptive force in gaming and usher in a new subscription era but even with all the sub services out there combined they only rake in less than 4% of total gaming revenue  :mickeyj:

Now that PS Plus is poised to be the number 1 gaming sub service MS is even last place in this niche market of gaming they have struggled to carve out :mroff:

You’re comparing video streaming to a game subscription service. Ofc there will be more people watching tv than gaming, which you have to have a tv for. 

holy fuck the desperation with this one :D 

GamePass has been around since..........when? 2018?

So four holiday seasons.

I never understood why lemmings try to stop the comparisons to other streaming services.

You offer something that cost $5-$15 a month, and you advertise it, hard, as the main thing for your brand.......and after almost 4 years, you only have 25 million subscribers?

There no way that looks good.

Hell if any console maker only sold 25 million consoles within 4 years, we would call that failing. And that involves getting people to commit to a $300-$500 purchase.

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

GamePass has been around since..........when? 2018?

So four holiday seasons.

I never understood why lemmings try to stop the comparisons to other streaming services.

You offer something that cost $5-$15 a month, and you advertise it, hard, as the main thing for your brand.......and after almost 4 years, you only have 25 million subscribers?

There no way that looks good.

Hell if any console maker only sold 25 million consoles within 4 years, we would call that failing. And that involves getting people to commit to a $300-$500 purchase.

Id say it’s a great success, it actually has more than netflix had in its first 4 years.  

58810bbcf10a9a1d008b9171?width=1000&form

again, this comparison makes no sense

average tv consumption per day in us = 3+ hours

average video game consumption per day in us = 19 minutes 

:D 

12 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Id say it’s a great success, it actually has more than netflix had in its first 4 years.  

58810bbcf10a9a1d008b9171?width=1000&form

again, this comparison makes no sense

average tv consumption per day in us = 3+ hours

average video game consumption per day in us = 19 minutes 

:D 

No, this is a completely misleading statistic.

Nobody knew Netflix as a primary streaming platform in 2007.

The average person who got into Netflix for streaming was around the time they got Warner Bros. movies, and they got Breaking Bad streaming rights, and around the time Netflix started making their very first original series, which I believe was Lilyhammer.

That was during 2010-2012.

I even found an email in which they didn't offer me Netflix streaming-only plan to replace the old DVD-plan until November 2010:

5raQSca.png

So your claim is pretty much completely wrong.

My memory is correct. Netflix streaming did not really become an option for most people until 2010.

Edited by jehurey
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, this is a completely misleading statistic.

Nobody knew Netflix as a primary streaming platform in 2007.

The average person who got into Netflix for streaming was around the time they got Warner Bros. movies, and they got Breaking Bad streaming rights, and around the time Netflix started making their very first original series, which I believe was Lilyhammer.

That was during 2010-2012.

I even found an email in which they didn't offer me Netflix streaming-only plan to replace the old DVD-plan until November 2010:

5raQSca.png

So your claim is pretty much completely wrong.

My memory is correct. Netflix streaming did not really become an option for most people until 2010.

From 2010-2014, they gained 24.35 subscribers. 

Still failing to see your point. 

Is this retard actually trying to compare early netflix to xbox gamepass?? :rofls:

Let me take you back to 2007. NOBODY was streaming, youtube was just 2 years old, videos were in 340p and they had only just started their very first ads that year. Nobody other than yuppies and geeks had smartphones and your beloved iphone had only just hit the market. Android phones weren't even a thing. Nintendo had only jist taken their first steps into online and had the laughable friend code system. Playstation network still didnt have a universal gamertag nor trophies.

Streaming services were still being scoffed at by some so called experts. "Normies" still didn't populate the internet the way they do today. Facebook wasnt really a thing outaide of college campuses and myspace was still the place to be.

How the fuck can you compare netflix's first 4 years into a very early online world where desktop computers were still the main gateway to the internet vs microsoft launching a streaming service in a digital age where almost everyone has access to the internet and almost every device made these days goes online. Xbox launched in a world where everyone had 2 smartphones each, a  handful of smart devices in the home, netflix  amazon prime, alexa, hulu, disney+ and all that.

The services launched 10 years apart but the world drastically changed in those 10 years in terms of internet enabled devices and the amount of pelple connected to the internet.

• Thanks 1

yeah take a look at the screenshot from my email again, where they explain Netflix streaming.......they mention "you can watch it on your computer or TV!"

No mention of handheld devices. They might not have even had the Netflix app up and running around this time.

I just checked the Google Play store, it lists the Netflix app as having released in May 5, 2011. FOr android phones, at least.

• Thanks 1

I'm curious where this all goes in 10 years. Netflix eventually lead to HBOMAX, Sho, Disney+, Paramount+, and a hundred other sub sties because even with a sub price, no source can properly compensate content makers and I can't imagine how MS can make GP cover their own investment in gaming let alone compensate third parties as well. On top of that MS is putting day one flagship titles on there. 

This will just create more games with their own sub prices and GAAS that everyone in here seems to hate. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I'm curious where this all goes in 10 years. Netflix eventually lead to HBOMAX, Sho, Disney+, Paramount+, and a hundred other sub sties because even with a sub price, no source can properly compensate content makers and I can't imagine how MS can make GP cover their own investment in gaming let alone compensate third parties as well. On top of that MS is putting day one flagship titles on there. 

This will just create more games with their own sub prices and GAAS that everyone in here seems to hate. 

It's tough to say where this will lead us to in 10 years but if I were to guess I'm thinking it will lead to more garbage like Halo Midfinite.

Games launching in seasons and pieces were the rest of the game comes in months after launch. If lemshits want that as their gaming future they can have it, I won't be partaking in that fuckery.

I'll keep buying complete games at full price to reward devs who actually care about releasing finished products.

Edited by FIREPOWER
10 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

So you’re telling me as a PC gamer with no access to XBL if I wanna get GP for $5/yr I can get it right now? Why are you lying? The feature is only there for people who stacked up on XBL back in the day.

Nah, you can still convert XBL Gold to Gamepass Ultimate 1:1 (which includes Gamepass for PC). 

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Nah, you can still convert XBL Gold to Gamepass Ultimate 1:1 (which includes Gamepass for PC). 

You and that dumbass ghostz aren't understanding.

I've never had XBL Gold because I'm a PC gamer that has never needed it to play games online.

What you are saying would make sense if I had a PC and an Xbox and I was trying to convert paid XBL Gold years to GPU which I don't. I haven't owned an Xbox since the 360 gen and even then I didn't mess with XBL Gold. For someone like me that has never owned XBL Gold it still costs me regular price and there's no conversion to be had.