Digital Foundry: Xbox Series S is a piece of shit and is preventing Minecraft from getting raytracing on Xbox (TLHBFR)

:freeman: Lemshits got scammed into buying this piece of shit console by Microsoft. We aren’t even 2 years into the gen and they are already talking about cutting features because it’s just too weak. I still remember Microsoft’s lying marketing team saying this dogshit would run games at 1440p/120fps and idiot lemshits ate it up. Some of their team even said it would be more powerful than a PS5 (fucking lol). Now DF is talking about the console being too weak to implement RT in Minecraft and how they would have to drop the resolution to 480p to get it to work. 

:mickeyj: 480p in 2022, LMAO!!! TLHBFR!!!!

3FE95724-B33F-44FE-B3BB-40067F07E068.jpeg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The mental gymnastics the lemmings did with Series S was legendary. 

100%. Xbox’s business model now is all about how many subs they can get for Gamepass. Piecemeal enough mediocre content to keep dumb lemshits happy.  

This is the same Albert Pendejo who was on Neogaf in the run up to the XBO/PS4 launch telling everyone how the rumours were bullshit and that XBO games would run much better than PS4 and everyone woul

The thing is that ray-tracing cores in a gpu don't really scale the way normal rasterization traditionally does.

So, even though on paper, an Xbox Series S appears to deliver around a third of the horsepower as a Xbox Series X, it can't really perform ray-tracing in proportion to the Series X.

20 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The thing is that ray-tracing cores in a gpu don't really scale the way normal rasterization traditionally does.

So, even though on paper, an Xbox Series S appears to deliver around a third of the horsepower as a Xbox Series X, it can't really perform ray-tracing in proportion to the Series X.

Yep, that’s what I thought as well so even 480p RT is impossible on the Series L :mroff:.

:mickeyj:  I went to Twitter and dug out some fine tweets from this Microsoft shill. One of the worst aged tweets I’ve ever seen.

E73B7F71-5BB2-4C7A-AD5C-E6C30DCB953D.jpeg

1 hour ago, FIREPOWER said:

Yep, that’s what I thought as well so even 480p RT is impossible on the Series L :mroff:.

:mickeyj:  I went to Twitter and dug out some fine tweets from this Microsoft shill. One of the worst aged tweets I’ve ever seen.

E73B7F71-5BB2-4C7A-AD5C-E6C30DCB953D.jpeg

This is the same Albert Pendejo who was on Neogaf in the run up to the XBO/PS4 launch telling everyone how the rumours were bullshit and that XBO games would run much better than PS4 and everyone would see that at launch. Needless to say when both consoles launched and it was games like 1080p ps4, xbox 720p, and ps4 still had the better framerate, this fucker quietly left.

He's a dirty lying bastard and an example of the kind of scum that works at Microsoft. He will lie without a second thought if it means he can sucker some idiots into buying an xflop.

Lemmings are the dumbest and most retarded of all factions. This is why xflop is the casuals console, the whole console is aimed at fooling people who don't know any better.

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

The S is an early sign that gamepass has shifted MS' publishing goals from cutting edge quality to AA consistency (which they still struggle to achieve). It's the Netflix of videogames in more ways than one.

100%. Xbox’s business model now is all about how many subs they can get for Gamepass. Piecemeal enough mediocre content to keep dumb lemshits happy. :kaz: 

• Upvote 1
  • Geese 1
1 hour ago, ghostz said:

Can it?

No VRR yet but are you fucking stupid?  Obviously the PS5 does resolutions above 1440p.  By yhe way I have VRR disabled on my Series X.  You are dumb

2 hours ago, JonbX said:

a 300 dollar series s wipes the floor with a 300 dollar switch. Not sure why sheep are even speaking itt lmfao

I have a Series X.  The Series S is shit and you know it

2 minutes ago, lostfool said:

No VRR yet but are you fucking stupid?  Obviously the PS5 does resolutions above 1440p.  By yhe way I have VRR disabled on my Series X.  You are dumb

Who said resolutions above 1440p? It can’t do 1440p in general, dumb ass. 

and who tf would disable vrr? Holy fuck :tom:

4 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Who said resolutions above 1440p? It can’t do 1440p in general, dumb ass. 

and who tf would disable vrr? Holy fuck :tom:

You said the PS5 can't do above 1440p.  That is a lie.  Damn you are starting to sound like Jerry.