So I bought an Xflop (a tragic tale of self-ownage and regret)

I’ve been clearing out some old gaming things and decided to part ways with my o.g. Xbox and a lot of the 360 games since I have very little interest in preserving anything xbox related. As I was getting rid of all this old junk I saw a handful of games and decided…..maybe just one more playthrough. I remembered hearing the xflop One-game X could enhance a lot of these with a native 4k display, and against my better judgement I decided to try an xflop. I got this a few weeks ago but I’ve been too ashamed to post about until now but perhaps confessing my sins to systemwars but ease the pain in my soul.

The unboxing.

Firstly they don’t sell these new anymore so I had to get one second-hand. I went for a boxed one, the box and console itself were in great condition but the sticks on the controller had been rubbed down to nothing. I don’t blame the player I blame microsoft’s sucktastic hardware, I’ve seen many people with this problem on 360 and xbox one. Lemmings wanted to cry about sony sticks but the xflop has some cheap ass rubber that melts with human body heat from lemkids spending too many hours on cod. It’s ridiculous. The only reason I haven’t had this problem myself is because I’ve never found a reason to play an xbox console beyond a few hours :lul: (TLHBR!) Fortunately I had an old xbox one pad for my PC so I used that.

The set-up

Upon plugging in the console and turning it on right off the bat I was prompted to install the xbox mobile app. Uh-oh, this was a red flag to me immediately because I knew where this was going and why it was there.

After this I went through a few set up options before being whisked away into the LONGEST FUCKING UPDATE I’ve ever sat through. There were 3 stages to this fucking update!!! it took forever and all the while on screen in huge bold letters “INSTALL THE XBOX APP!” - and right there we see it again. The sheer desperation of this company to get you to install this mobile app, so they can profit off you with their targeted ads. In a games console, fucking disgusting. There’s no feeling of any kind of passion towards gaming as a hobby with a microsoft product, it comes across as purely profit driven corporate, money grabbing garbage.

Post update.

Now the real fun begins. I don’t get asked if I would like to sign into my Microsoft account, I am specifically told “you WILL sign in with your Microsoft account”. That’s the same one you would use on windows. Because it’s all about connecting you across multiple devices, having you use Bing and Edge and then they profit from you with targeted ads and personalized profiles. Speaking of which that is one of the options, a targeted advertisement profile…..on a fucking video games console. Only Microsoft could ever be this scummy. They turned windows and xbox into fucking smartphones :rofls:

Next I’m told that Microsoft wants to share my date. Luckily I can opt out. Next I’m told they will be sharing my data with apps and publishers and there is no option to opt-out :| wtf? Surely this violates GDPR or something.

After this I’m asked if I want Xflop game pass – I decline

A few more pointless screens go by

I’m asked again to subscribe to xflop game pass. Wtf? I just said no :tom: how desperate are they?

Finally at the end of all this I boot into what I can only describe as hands down the most unintutive and confusing console UI of all time. It’s almost impossible to find anything. Hey they have store ads all over the page though so if you’re looking to spend money of course that’s easy.

Microsoft is one of those woke companies that loves their climate talk but you can't even turn this pile of shite off? you have to use a standby mode? in order to actually turn it off you need to go into advanced settings and it's hidden away. In fact there's no clear way to get to settings, get this you go into settings, then back, then go into settings again and finally now it shows you the advanced settings :rofls: it's hidden away like a damn exploit.

Not to get political but does LGBT really need to be the top category in every section of the store? really? I very much doubt they make up such a large amount of the audience to warrant that.

The games

Well surprisingly this is the one thing that is kind of ok. The selection is extremely bare bones of course because it's an xbox, and in a way it's my own fault I looked at the list and knew what games did and didn't work but even so...I expected more. There's a paltry amount of games that actually work on this thing but the ones that do work look nice. I was expecting spotty emulation like the 360 where some games where glitchy as hell but I guess Microsoft vetted these games better explaining the small amount, what games do work look and run great in native 4k. The 360 doesn't fare as well, it has more games that work but some aren't enhanced. It's strange to see DOA Ultimate on the xbox look much better than DOA 4 on the 360, as doa4 is low res and extremely jaggy but doaU is a crisp 4k and you could see teams like Team Ninja and Rare were punching above their weight with the original XBox.

Some games I've noticed don't run? RDR is meant to be BC but I have a disc which works on 2 360's but not the xbox one x. I guess rockstar didn't want to give away a free download. Likewise Gears 3 took a hell of a lot of tries to get the xbox one to read it but a 360 reads the disc just fine. It's like microsoft doesn't want you to have the free downloads.

The only xbox one game I bought is rare replay because it's the only one worth owning, everything else is either shit or available on better systems. I tried Nuts & Balls because I never finished it, it looks amazing in 4k I'm very impressed but sadly this game sucks the life out of me it's so boring I could never bring myself to finish it and I haven't touched it in weeks.

All in all I deeply regret buying this but hey at least it was kind of novel to play perfect dark again in 4k :trump2:

Edited by TLHBO

Oh and I forgot to add, it said I had a message, this was sent by 343 I think as part of some halo anniversary.....but xbox wouldn't let me read the message, it told me I needed to install the mobile app to read it :rofl:third time of them trying to push this shit.

Also XBL went down the very weekend I got this so I wasn't even allowed to play any of my digital games I downloaded from 360. Fuck me what a shockingly bad experience especially with all the xbl outages I've heard about this year.

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

One X is my least played Xbox console ever. Just a completely disappointment compared to the 360. It was pretty much a FIFA box that I would dust off every year to play with family over the holidays but that was it.

For me it's just a Rare box, maybe one or two other games too. Dig it out every 5 years to replay one of a handful of games. I just figured having the one xbox with a handful of games was better than having the xbox + 360 and a whole lot of games which were pointless because they were either too dated or I owned them on PC.

This thing is basically just WIndows 10 in a box so Microsoft finally achieved their dream, and modern windows itself basically wants to be android. What a depressing experience of a console.

1 hour ago, ghostz said:

So you’re a Xbox owner now? :banderoos:

It won't be for long I've never regretted a purchase so much, but then there wasn't much I could do with the og xbox as interest in xbox collecting is generally pretty low. I think one final time through a few of these games and then it's time to put them to rest. There's only so many times you can replay a game.

PDZ is still a very unique shooter, haters be damned :salute:

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Too tired for that wall of text. Tlhbo? 

The tl;dr is xbox is essentially windows 10 in a box. It's a sad miserable experience where Microsoft feeds on the player like the fucking vampires that they are.

a hermsmell complaining about windows 10 :pavarotti: 

you should be grateful for the crucial impact microsoft has on gaming whether it's the OS windows that allows hermshits to play their shitty PC games and of course the most powerful console in the world 

sony dumbos :snoop: 

4 hours ago, lynux3 said:

I sold my Xbox One X and Series X months ago. Piece of shit consoles. :mj:

Why the hell did you own them in the first place, if you don't mind me asking?

I bought one game for the Xbox One (Rare Replay) and there's literally nothing else worth buying :lul: I think the list of exclusives is like Ryse, Gears 4/5 and Dud Rising 3/4.

The only Xbox I have good memories of is the original. It was a great moment for PC devs to get into console development (also kinda ended PCs golden era), and the hacking/modding scene was legendary.  Each console since has gotten worse and at this point we'd be better off if MS got out of the console game. You know it's bad when your best exclusive is a racing game.

13 hours ago, TLHBO said:

I bought one game for the Xbox One (Rare Replay) and there's literally nothing else worth buying :lul: I think the list of exclusives is like Ryse, Gears 4/5 and Dud Rising 3/4.

TLHBO - "So I bought an Xflop!"

TLHBO - "Lynux why the hell did you buy an Xflop?" 

:drake: 

LMFAO it's hilarious all the most vocal pendejos against Xbox here have one... or multiple... :mj: 

We've got Jerky who's subscribed to GamePass

We've got the biggest Microsoft hater and conspiracy theorist TLHBO

We've got Linus who hates Xbox every chance he can but constantly played his... he even bought a Series X too :hest: 

Twinky owns one too? :freeman:

And these motherfuckers say I am the lemming :lawl: 

Edited by Remij
1 hour ago, Remij said:

TLHBO - "So I bought an Xflop!"

TLHBO - "Lynux why the hell did you buy an Xflop?" 

:drake: 

LMFAO it's hilarious all the most vocal pendejos against Xbox here have one... or multiple... :mj: 

We've got Jerky who's subscribed to GamePass

We've got the biggest Microsoft hater and conspiracy theorist TLHBO

We've got Linus who hates Xbox every chance he can but constantly played his... he even bought a Series X too :hest: 

Twinky owns one too? :freeman:

And these motherfuckers say I am the lemming :lawl: 

I only bought one because I was wanting to cut down on the 2 older consoles and stack of games, to just one console and a minimal collection of games. Most people aren't as autistic about old Rare games as I am :ben:

No games is kind of a deal breaker. That's why I opted for the one X over a Series....because xbox hasn't had any games post Rare Replay, and before that most worthwhile games came from like pre-2009.

17 hours ago, TLHBO said:

I got the One X for shits and giggles and got a good deal on Series X. $432 brand new and then resold it for more.

it's hilarious that you guys don't get what Remij is saying. you are my lemming brothers! there is no "for shits and giggles" LOL