Tulsi Gabbard officially leaves democrat party

7 hours ago, Ramza said:

While you're not wrong. Fostering further western vs eastern tension and economic sanctions isn't ideal either. I think we can at least agree it needs to come to an end one way or another. This has bigger repercussions than just Ukraine, the worldwide economic impact alone cannot be understated. We're already feeling it. Europeans are going to have a terrible winter. How long can this keep going?

Actually, the data shows that Europe will be mostly fine this winter. Even Germany's gas stocks are at 95% capacity.

Next winter is a different story, but thats still a ways away.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She's a useful idiot who's been repeating Russian propaganda about NATO being the reason for this war when anyone with 2 eyes and half a brain can see thats not the case.

But hey NATO is to blame and we should definitely be trying to work towards peace between Ukraine and Russia    Its a good thing you weren't alive during WW2, you would probably have been pa

Sounds like you're a conspiracy theorist 

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Actually, the data shows that Europe will be mostly fine this winter. Even Germany's gas stocks are at 95% capacity.

Next winter is a different story, but thats still a ways away.

Huh, people in the UK and Italy can't afford their energy bill. It's not just the quantity available. 

7 hours ago, Ramza said:

One thing that bugs me is none of you are offering a more expedient solution for a potential ceasefire than territory concession and diplomatic talk like Cooke has said, which you know, is perfectly normal procedures in war since the dawn of civilizations. In fact, none of you have anything to propose at all other than total military victory and collapse of Putin's regime.

Instead, you guys' shame Cooke for daring to propose the idea? If it's the idea that Ukraine is currently appearing to be winning that makes you wonder, why they would make for peace talk with the invader... I say there's actually no better time to make a deal or concessions than in a position of strength. Obviously at this stage no one in the UN has any more interest in peace talk so whatever.

I don't know shit, but I know something's gotta give. 

There will need to be a peace deal at some point obviously, but pre-emptively trying to start negotiations will only embolden Russia. They're known for demanding the most and use this is an opportunity to make ridiculous terms that at the very least will result in them keeping all of their annexed territory.

Just look at what happened at the beginning of the war. The negotiations were a complete farce, because Russia just kept on repeating the same 'denazification' and 'demilitarization' bullshit over and over again.

And we've already seen that everytime you give Putin a win he just escalates afterwards. Look at what happened in Georgia in 2008. Then Ukraine with Crimea/Donbas in 2014. They even downed another country's passenger plane and continually lied about it.

Everytime you cave to Russia they just escalate. A forceful bully like Putin needs to be met with an equal amount of force or there will likely never be true peace and stability in Europe.

Being able to cripple Russia's aggressive tendencies and de-stabilize their country by just throwing Ukraine a few bucks here and there is an ideal scenario. And its not like we're just using them for our selfish benefit and needlessly getting Ukranians killed (also not a good argument i've seen) because the Ukrainians themselves want to keep fighting, and they're willing to give their lives for that purpose. So its kind of disingenuous for us to speak about peace from our safe havens when they're down there in the shit and they want that, because the alternative of living under Russian occupation and losing their sovereignty is worse than death.

17 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

There will need to be a peace deal at some point obviously, but pre-emptively trying to start negotiations will only embolden Russia. They're known for demanding the most and use this is an opportunity to make ridiculous terms that at the very least will result in them keeping all of their annexed territory.

Just look at what happened at the beginning of the war. The negotiations were a complete farce, because Russia just kept on repeating the same 'denazification' and 'demilitarization' bullshit over and over again.

First and foremost, Russia didn't annex anything. It is bullshit just like their reasoning for invading in the first place. Russia didn't annex anything, lets be real. The fact people, media or whoever repeats this is disturbing.

About the only thing Russia did is play the world into believing they're doing the "right" thing, which obviously isn't true at all.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

And we've already seen that everytime you give Putin a win he just escalates afterwards. Look at what happened in Georgia in 2008. Then Ukraine with Crimea/Donbas in 2014. They even downed another country's passenger plane and continually lied about it.

Everytime you cave to Russia they just escalate. A forceful bully like Putin needs to be met with an equal amount of force or there will likely never be true peace and stability in Europe.

Being able to cripple Russia's aggressive tendencies and de-stabilize their country by just throwing Ukraine a few bucks here and there is an ideal scenario. And its not like we're just using them for our selfish benefit and needlessly getting Ukranians killed (also not a good argument i've seen) because the Ukrainians themselves want to keep fighting, and they're willing to give their lives for that purpose. So its kind of disingenuous for us to speak about peace from our safe havens when they're down there in the shit and they want that, because the alternative of living under Russian occupation is worse than death.

I'm not saying to appear weak and cave into all demands, it's why I say they have to be in a position of strength when they do. The when and how, I have no idea. At least you agree that peace talks are imperative at some point. All I wanted to say is that Cooke is not pro-Russian for wanted negations to resume.

The way things have deescalated recently is not reassuring for the prospect of everyone. I don't feel like we're in a safe haven, at all. We're also not just throwing a fuck buck at them, maybe the US has an insane military budget, but no other countries spent nearly as much. Not to mention we're in a time of great economic instability. This conflict to end and the fighting to stop is for the benefits of everyone, there's nothing selfish about that, no one is asking for the Ukrainian to just lie there and die. I don't think we and they can keep this going forever anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I saw a chart recently showing that prices were falling.

Yeah, but winter is coming. We'll see. 

• On Monday, Europe’s natural gas prices fell to the lowest level in three months thanks to mild weather and a high level of LNG imports.
  • Natural gas prices were down nearly 8% in early trading in Amsterdam, hitting an intra-day low of $140 per megawatt-hour.
  • Gas storage in the EU is now at more than 90% and the bloc has managed to reduce its gas consumption by 10%
On 2022-10-11 at 10:19 AM, Cooke said:

Why are you going after Musk? He's literally providing free Internet to Ukraine right now. 

On 2022-10-11 at 10:39 AM, Twinblade said:

He made some naive tweets about a potential peace deal between Russia and Ukraine that would basically benefit nobody besides Russia.

Musk wasn't done, he is now suggesting that Taiwan be handed over to China. 

41 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Musk wasn't done, he is now suggesting that Taiwan be handed over to China. 

It's rather odd you guys care so much for other countries borders but hardly care about your own. 

2 hours ago, Cooke said:

It's rather odd you guys care so much for other countries borders but hardly care about your own. 

No one is invading militarily on our borders and calling it a “special military operation.” Besides, no one is going to invade the US, especially not Canada.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Bu Bu we need peace and a ceasefire :lemming:

"Bbbut the Invaders invaded to bring peace, all we want to do is talk. We invaded your country to have a face to face conversation peace.... I promise."

Anyone who believes Putin wants peace has to be the most gullible fucks on the Planet. 

32 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

"Bbbut the Invaders invaded to bring peace, all we want to do is talk. We invaded your country to have a face to face conversation peace.... I promise."

Anyone who believes Putin wants peace has to be the most gullible fucks on the Planet. 

That means we should not be interested in any diplomatic talk or solutions. Temporary ceasefires are also bad apparently... :killzone: 

10 hours ago, lynux3 said:

No one is invading militarily on our borders and calling it a “special military operation.” Besides, no one is going to invade the US, especially not Canada.

Cartels control the southern border. Heavily armed Cartels trafficking people and killing migrants. The lack of awareness of deliberate ignorance by those on the left and then the hyperfocus on Ukraine is strange to me. 

Edited by Cooke
1 hour ago, Ramza said:

That means we should not be interested in any diplomatic talk or solutions. Temporary ceasefires are also bad apparently... :killzone: 

If it's genuine then of course we should be interested... Unfortunately this is a ruse by Putin that only the gullible would fall for. 

51 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Cartels control the southern border. Heavily armed Cartels trafficking people and killing migrants. The lack of awareness of deliberate ignorance by those on the left and then the hyperfocus on Ukraine is strange to me. 

If only we could get Mexico to pay their share for securing the southern border... Oh wait... They agreed to pay billions. 

If only we could get increased funding for border security... Oh wait that already happened. 

So back to what you're deflecting from.... Fresh off suggesting Ukraine surrender to Russia's invasion..... Musk suggests China should just go take Taiwan..... 

Musk is just bowing to those regimes now huh? 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

If it's genuine then of course we should be interested... Unfortunately this is a ruse by Putin that only the gullible would fall for. 

I don't even understand what you guys are arguing against. Say no to diplomacy with Putin? Lmao, okay.