Hermits, today was the big day. How many of you were able to get the 4090?

I just ordered a 4090 and it should be arriving here next week  :aitch:

I was gonna wait to see what AMD had cooking and I even thought about getting the 4080 16GB instead because $1600 for a card is insane but those benchmarks made me change my mind real quick.  :whew: I'm ashamed that I fell for Nvidia's trap but the 4090 is a beast and I couldn't resist it.

IMG_8921.jpeg

benchmarks-rtx-4090.018.jpeg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now it's cancelled. Nvidia is drunk.

Just came in    

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

These prices are just insane. Nothing would get me to spend $1600 on a video card.

I was thinking the same thing until I saw those benchmarks lol  :smoke:

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

You should be good with it for quite some time anyway. 

:aitch: I plan to not upgrade for a very long time.

Edited by FIREPOWER

I wouldn't buy any of these cards, but imo you'd be a fool to buy the 4090 as a gamer. That's a card for professional artists and engineers, priced accordingly. The 4080 12GB for 900 is the rich gamer kid card. It'll still be overkill for 3-5 years.

Just now, sugarhigh said:

I wouldn't buy any of these cards, but imo you'd be a fool to buy the 4090 as a gamer. That's a card for professional artists and engineers, priced accordingly. The 4080 12GB for 900 is the rich gamer kid card. It'll still be overkill for 3-5 years.

this. when i do ever get back into pc gaming, or need to do some minor 3D work, i'll get a card in the $400 range. 

2 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

I plan to do some Unreal Engine 5 work and 3D modeling with it so it’s not just for gaming :smoke:. I agree it’s major overkill 

• Upvote 1

I can afford it no problem, but the feeling of being ripped off and being fleeced as a sucker would linger. So I won't bother for now.

Not that I'm mad or upset at those that did get it, it's the only 4000 series that actually has a big jump in rasterized 4K performance. Sadly.

Edited by Substatic
20 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

I was hoping the $900 model (can't believe that's the "bad" one at THAT price) would have had better 4K performance. From the leaks and nvidia's own graph it looks to be horrific price per performance. 

And only 5 games announced with DLS 3.0. If that list grows exponentially and there is a price drop I might consider it. I also want to see what AMD has in store in 2 weeks.

Edited by Substatic
3 hours ago, Substatic said:

I was hoping the $900 model (can't believe that's the "bad" one at THAT price) would have had better 4K performance. From the leaks and nvidia's own graph it looks to be horrific price per performance. 

And only 5 games announced with DLS 3.0. If that list grows exponentially and there is a price drop I might consider it. I also want to see what AMD has in store in 2 weeks.

The most I've ever paid for a GPU is 500, and I'm not that interested in going higher. I think it's generally better to buy cheaper cards more frequently.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Substatic said:

And now it's cancelled. Nvidia is drunk.

• Haha 2
  • dead 1
  • aitch 1
9 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

I think it'll be reannounced as the 4070.

They'll probably drop the price a tad and rename it as a 4070 Ti, and for future chips vbios limit the lowest binned ones as the regular 4070 with just 10GB of RAM.  

Good on them though for walking it back.  It would have been a disastrous launch had they kept it as is.