Very stupid question but should I open a game I just bought.

Just now, -GD-X said:

Hmmm I would imagine the wiiu game sealed would have more value. I say open it. 

Yeah, I was checking ebay for that, and the games goes for $40 unopened.

However, 3d All Stars goes for more sealed, and that´s good as I haven´t opened that game.

I doubt that game will somehow have good selling value sealed for at least a decade or so. It's just too popular of a release. 

You're smart for hesitating to open Nintendo games though. I made thousands of dollars in profit for just reselling games. I also have multiple sealed games copies and gaming accessories unopened in boxes just to resell them in the future. 

• Like 1

I bought Persona 3 when it was released at the very end of the PS2 era. I kept it sealed because I never have time to play JRPGs.

Fast forward 10+ years and I decide to open it and give it a try since I'm not one of those who is OCD about keeping games sealed.

It didn't work :trump2: And the refund period had expired and even if it hadn't theres no way Atlus was going to have any spare copies around for me.

True story.  I could have sold it as sealed, but then if someone opened it and asked for a refund as it didn't work I probably would have never believed them :ben:

Edited by TLHBO
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Ramza said:

I doubt that game will somehow have good selling value sealed for at least a decade or so. It's just too popular of a release. 

You're smart for hesitating to open Nintendo games though. I made thousands of dollars in profit for just reselling games. I also have multiple sealed games copies and gaming accessories unopened in boxes just to resell them in the future. 

unless you sold them for a higher price than you bought them, there would be no profit

1 hour ago, z,warrior said:

unless you sold them for a higher price than you bought them, there would be no profit

Well yeah, it's not every game that gains value over time. Nintendo games tend to be a safe bet though. Just selling used games can be profitable, especially if you get them for cheap in the first place, they don't have to be sealed.

If you're the type of gamer which play niche titles, especially Japanese games, hold on to them, you never know. I tend to be pretty good at guessing what will pick up value or not.

With that said, time for me to stop being lazy and sell some of my stuff.  I got vanilla World of Warcraft Collector's Edition sitting here since 2005. It's worth almost 800-1000$ CAD from what I can tell right now. A few thousand bucks if it was sealed, I guess.

I love this shit; I really wish I could just open a used games shop. I could just do a lot of my business online anyway.

• Like 1