targets 30fps, stable frame pacing, slight drops in big late fights

portable seems to have fewer drops

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sheep here make fun of hermits for waiting a year to play the best version of PS5 games then come in here posting tech reviews of a 5 year old game, that is still WORST on Ditch.    🤡

A virgin "targeter" posing with his outdated gaming system.

I bet Jerky isn't going nowhere Nier this game  

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Didn't you just make a Persona 5 port review thread?  A game that originated on PS3 :umad:

Royal isn't on PS3.  :mjgrin: 

I'm just laughing how you posted a technical overview for it... you wanted to take a jab at the last gen consoles :jordan3:

Just now, Remij said:

Royal isn't on PS3.  :mjgrin: 

I'm just laughing how you posted a technical overview for it... you wanted to take a jab at the last gen consoles :jordan3:

Persona 5 Royal is a PS3 game  re-released on PS4 with additional content, but the underlying technology is the PS3 game:deniro:

And no with this thread I wasn't taking a Jab at last gen consoles...those consoles are more powerful than Switch obviously.

Just pointing out that it's a good port on Switch.  Used the other consoles as reference point for the Switch port. 

SWITCH has higher res with AA but half the framerate and less detailed textures in certain parts.  Overall it's q great port when compared to the orginal. 

13 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Persona 5 Royal is a PS3 game  re-released on PS4 with additional content, but the underlying technology is the PS3 game:deniro:

And no with this thread I wasn't taking a Jab at last gen consoles...those consoles are more powerful than Switch obviously.

Just pointing out that it's a good port on Switch.  Used the other consoles as reference point for the Switch port. 

SWITCH has higher res with AA but half the framerate and less detailed textures in certain parts.  Overall it's q great port when compared to the orginal. 

:Jeff: :pavarotti:

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

A hack and slash action game at 30FPS does not sound like a good experience.

With 30fps action games its most import to have a stable frame pacing which the port has without it would be straight trash at 30fps. 

You have to consider the game hovered in the low 40s on last gen systems outside of the shump stages... 

So a solid 30fps with great frame pacing at a higher res with AA... Is actually great when you consider what the game ran like on XB1. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Remij said:

:Jeff: :pavarotti:

Gamespot 9.0 review -  Nier: Automata gets enough right on Switch that it's still definitely worth playing here. Combat still feels smooth, loading times are reasonable, and in the several hours we tested, it was easy to forget it wasn't running on a PlayStation or Xbox.

It's a good port for the Switch, just like Persona 5 is a good port as well :umad:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Gamespot 9.0 review -  Nier: Automata gets enough right on Switch that it's still definitely worth playing here. Combat still feels smooth, loading times are reasonable, and in the several hours we tested, it was easy to forget it wasn't running on a PlayStation or Xbox.

It's a good port for the Switch, just like Persona 5 is a good port as well :umad:

But that doesn't stop them from both being the shittiest versions of the games possible. :francis: 

Nier Automata on Steam Deck shits on the Switch version :reg: 

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

But that doesn't stop them from both being the shittiest versions of the games possible. :francis: 

Nier Automata on Steam Deck shits on the Switch version :reg: 

And that doesn't stop it from being a good game/good port.

The Deck runs current games worse than current gen consoles and PCs.... But it's still considered good given that's its a portable no? 

The Deck is a system that came out 5 years after the Switch it should be better than the Switch, no shit.... It would be a shame if it wasn't. 

But you probably forgot the PC version of Neir was a bad port and broken was that ever officially fixed? :umad:

Just now, Goukosan said:

And that doesn't stop it from being a good game/good port.

The Deck runs current games worse than current gen consoles and PCs.... But it's still considered good given that's its a portable no? 

The Deck is a system that came out 5 years after the Switch it should be better than the Switch, no shit.... It would be a shame if it wasn't. 

But you probably forgot the PC version of Neir was a bad port and broken was that ever officially fixed? :umad:

It only stops it from being better than the other versions.

Sadly your you, the game is better on Deck than it is on Switch... 

and yea, they fixed the PC version :mjgrin: 

stead.png

1 minute ago, Remij said:

It only stops it from being better than the other versions.

Sadly your you, the game is better on Deck than it is on Switch... 

and yea, they fixed the PC version :mjgrin: 

stead.png

You're creating a point for me that was never made.... I never claimed the Switch version was better than even the PS4/Xbox1.... I said it was a good port on Switch.   Already clarified that but you're just trying to argue just to argue now. 

Already said the deck should have a better version as it's a system that 5 years newer than the Switch. 

As far as the PC version.... Took them long enough to fix it.. As that was the worst version of the game for years :umad:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

You're creating a point for me that was never made.... I never claimed the Switch version was better than even the PS4/Xbox1.... I said it was a good port on Switch.   Already clarified that but you're just trying to argue just to argue now. 

Already said the deck should have a better version as it's a system that 5 years newer than the Switch. 

As far as the PC version.... Took them long enough to fix it.. As that was the worst version of the game for years :umad:

So it's the worst version.  Gotcha :umad: 

And no... it wasn't the worst version for years... you could easily fix the PC version... and unlock the FPS.

The best version has always been the PC version, and will continue to be.  And now, the best handheld version is on Steam Deck, so Switch can't even claim that :feelsbadman:

• Geese 1
3 minutes ago, Remij said:

So it's the worst version.  Gotcha :umad: 

And no... it wasn't the worst version for years... you could easily fix the PC version... and unlock the FPS.

The best version has always been the PC version, and will continue to be.  And now, the best handheld version is on Steam Deck, so Switch can't even claim that :feelsbadman:

PC version was officially broken for years... Now you're trying to rewrite history :umad:

Switch was never trying claim to be the best version... Its claiming to be a great port of the game. 

One that more people will experience on Switch than on Deck... :mario1:

• Geese 1

Lmfao wow, NieR Automata running at 30FPS and this guy try to shame me for waiting like a year for a better version of a Switch ex-clusive. This game is five years old, for your information. 

You fucked up but then again, I always knew you were full of shit. 

LOL fakeboy lemij is getting really angry over the Switch stealing Neir Automata.

At the very least, we promise we won't make 4 to 5 separate threads re-announcing the same port over and over and over..:hest:

Edited by jehurey