PS5 VR2 launches February 22, 2023 ($549.99)

8 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

:drake:  It’s way better than a Quest 2. 2000 X 2040 pixels per eye on an OLED screen compared to the Quest 2’s 1832 X 1920 per eye on an LCD. It’s gonna offer way better picture quality than the Quest 2 can give. Eye tracking is also a really big deal as it will allow foveated rendering allowing PSVR2 to output better visuals than the Quest 2 will ever be able to put out. It shits all over the Quest 2, you have no idea what you’re talking about lol.

It doesn’t need to hit mass market. Even if it was cheaper it still wouldn’t hit mass market because you still need a PS5 for it (a hard to find and always sold out console) to even use it. The price is very good for what it is and I’m happy Sony is taking VR seriously with this. This is VR for people that want serious VR. I’m gonna use it on my PC as well because I’m sure modders are gonna find a way to get it to work with PC like they did with PSVR1.

LOL another idiot completely misunderstanding what the fuck I'm saying because you're butthurt...

It's not WAY better than a Quest 2.  It's barely sharper.  The perceived sharpness comes from actually higher rendering resolutions.  And who the fuck is comparing it to Quest 2 visuals? :drake: 

And yes, it does need to hit mass market... that's the entire fucking point.......

And ok I'm glad you're happy... but that doesn't change anything.  PSVR2 is a fucking Quest 2 with eye-tracking because PS5 would be woefully underpowered for actual next gen VR visuals without it.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats too expensive especially with no compelling software. VR is never going to catch on at this rate.

But with Sony, the customer has the ability to get there step by step.   FIrst step, try and save up money for a PS5 and get one.   Second step, later on, save up to get a PSVR2

That fucking spider level.  

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Uh oh...........Beggij is starting to get angry

No, its significantly better than a Quest 2, and Quest Pro, and will be better than a Quest 3.

OLED, full 8 million pixels, larger FOV............absolutely fantastic halo headset design that will feel WEIGHTLESS and not put any pressure on your face or straps tightening your temples and the back of your head.

Its even got a built-in fan ventilation to suck in fresh air from the outside and keep your eyes and forehead cool.

:blessed:Its the fucking goddamn Cadillac of VR headsets:blessed:Just like the PS5 itself.

That's like 4 years worth of PC VR games.

LOL, that would probably be the best looking PCVR game

Well it's no drunken bar fight... which is about all you've played on your PSVR  :kaz: 

Just now, Remij said:

What the FUCK are you even talking about? :drake:  

Are you seriously retarded?  OMFG :kaz: 

PSVR2 processes the eye tracking on the PS5... through software... NOT in the headset itself... 

No. You're wrong.

Its using Tobii's IR camera sensor tech.

sXIuBiR.png

It is an IR camera sensor that will pick up TWO infrared reflection points.

You pupils reflecting back infrared.

It reports back an exact location to the PS5...............it is VERY fast.

It absolutely smokes image and facial recognition processing EVERY DAY of the week.

We know its fast and we know it can be done entirely in hardware, because that's exactly how the Wiimote worked.

sensors-20-02163-g001.png

Holy shit you are losing this argument BADLY.

• Haha 1
Just now, Remij said:

Well it's no drunken bar fight... which is about all you've played on your PSVR  :kaz: 

He's now trying to run away from the subject:lawl::lawl::lawl:

Thanks for admitting that you've lost this entire series of arguments.

Don't get angry at me or Sony because the PC VR industry is actually regressing.:drake:

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

LOL another idiot completely misunderstanding what the fuck I'm saying because you're butthurt...

It's not WAY better than a Quest 2.  It's barely sharper.  The perceived sharpness comes from actually higher rendering resolutions.  And who the fuck is comparing it to Quest 2 visuals? :drake: 

And yes, it does need to hit mass market... that's the entire fucking point.......

And ok I'm glad you're happy... but that doesn't change anything.  PSVR2 is a fucking Quest 2 with eye-tracking because PS5 would be woefully underpowered for actual next gen VR visuals without it.

Spoken like a retard that has no idea how VR works.

The jump in visual quality alone going from LCD to OLED is very noticeable.  You have to be blind or stupid not to tell the difference.

It's not a Quest 2, it's offering way better specs and capability than a Quest 2 is. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about and you should probably quit now while you're behind. Foveated rendering is also the holy grail of VR and it's offering it unlike the Quest 2.

It doesn't have to hit mass market. That's for lower end VR headsets and Sony is making it clear they aren't going after the low end VR market with the PSVR2. It was  pretty obvious when they announced the specs that they want this to be a highend VR headset. Only retards like you were expecting it to be a cheapo VR headset. it's going to be the most advanced VR headset when it launches. $550 for all that tech is very good and the only people complaining are lemsits and broke bastards who were never gonna get it anyway :hest:

Edited by FIREPOWER
Just now, jehurey said:

No. You're wrong.

Its using Tobii's IR camera sensor tech.

sXIuBiR.png

It is an IR camera sensor that will pick up TWO infrared reflection points.

You pupils reflecting back infrared.

It reports back an exact location to the PS5...............it is VERY fast.

It absolutely smokes image and facial recognition processing EVERY DAY of the week.

We know its fast and we know it can be done entirely in hardware, because that's exactly how the Wiimote worked.

sensors-20-02163-g001.png

Holy shit you are losing this argument BADLY.

That location is processed on the PS5... and then the foveated rendering algorithms also run on the PS5 and take compute cycles.  It's not free..

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

He's now trying to run away from the subject:lawl::lawl::lawl:

Thanks for admitting that you've lost this entire series of arguments.

Don't get angry at me or Sony because the PC VR industry is actually regressing.:drake:

LOL more than PSVR1...

The jurys out on PSVR2 right now :rofl: 

And PCVR will be there again... in the future... as it always will be... whenever the market it ready for it.

Just now, Remij said:

That location is processed on the PS5... and then the foveated rendering algorithms also run on the PS5 and take compute cycles.  It's not free..

LOL, you think it takes the PS5 more time to generate a image that has LOWERED RENDERING than what it currently is doing?

:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

Oh my god you are so stupid.

The Unity Developers have already said that the Headset';s eye-tracking foveated rendering produces a 2.8x-3.6x performance increase over traditional rendering.

You/'ve completely lost this argument, and you know it.

You're now TRYING TO CHANGE what I am saying...............I said it SMOKES image processing any day of the week.

And I used the phrase "almost instantaneous"..............you're now trying to argue about "free."

You've lost...........learn when to shut your mouth after its been slapped shut so many times.:lawl:

1 minute ago, Remij said:

LOL more than PSVR1...

The jurys out on PSVR2 right now :rofl: 

And PCVR will be there again... in the future... as it always will be... whenever the market it ready for it.

No, actually than PSVR1

PSVR1 actually had GOTY winning games released for it, and exclusives.

Half Life Alyx didn't even win PC Goty...................at PC Gamer.

And none of the 18 member staff of PC Gamer even nominated it as their own personal game of the year for 2020

:drake:

PSVR1's library.............as it stands...........is probably still better than PCVR's/Quest library through 2021/2022.

Just now, FIREPOWER said:

You've got nothing. At least you admit you got destroyed with this response  :hest:

Not at all.  You have no idea what you're talking about man.  This headset is factually a ~Quest 2 level device... with OLED screens... and eye tracking because PS5 is an underpowered device.  Period.

Same Quest 2-ass controllers... LOL remember when it was going to have finger sensing, Jerky??? :drake: 

You guys are LITERALLY just getting up to the CURRENT gen of VR..  and you fucks are acting like it's some mythical device :rofl: 

$550 DOA

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL, you think it takes the PS5 more time to generate a image that has LOWERED RENDERING than what it currently is doing?

:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

Oh my god you are so stupid.

The Unity Developers have already said that the Headset';s eye-tracking foveated rendering produces a 2.8x-3.6x performance increase over traditional rendering.

You/'ve completely lost this argument, and you know it.

You're now TRYING TO CHANGE what I am saying...............I said it SMOKES image processing any day of the week.

And I used the phrase "almost instantaneous"..............you're now trying to argue about "free."

You've lost...........learn when to shut your mouth after its been slapped shut so many times.:lawl:

I didn't say more time idiot.  I said there's a cost involved.. so it's not free.  There's processing which is done on the PS5.

And almost instantaneous... means it's not free.  Thanks for proving me right, idiot :drake: 

And no, you've now clearly admitted that the processing is done on the PS5... so thanks for losing... again :omglol: 

Edited by Remij
1 minute ago, Remij said:

I didn't say more time idiot.  I said there's a cost involved.. so it's not free. 

No, there is no more processing than it already takes for CONTROLLER INPUT

Sweetie.............the IR will report simple x,y coordinates.............two of them.

That takes no more time than reporting to move the in-game camera because you pushing the thumbstick in a direction OR you moved your head and the six-axis motion sensor is reporting to the PS5.

You are 100% in the wrong here............and you know it.

Trying to whittle down your argument isn't going to help you.

This is what you get for being a little bitch who got mad and tried to argue a point that you know you were 100% going to lose. LOL

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

Not at all.  You have no idea what you're talking about man.  This headset is factually a ~Quest 2 level device... with OLED screens... and eye tracking because PS5 is an underpowered device.  Period.

Same Quest 2-ass controllers... LOL remember when it was going to have finger sensing, Jerky??? :drake: 

You guys are LITERALLY just getting up to the CURRENT gen of VR..  and you fucks are acting like it's some mythical device :rofl: 

$550 DOA

No it isn't

It has better resolution than Quest 2

It has better FOV than a Quest 2

And it was WAY better screen technology than a Quest 2

I love how you are running to other arguments, because you are losing this one so badly.:drake:

• Thanks 1
Just now, jehurey said:

No, there is no more processing than it already takes for CONTROLLER INPUT

Sweetie.............the IR will report simple x,y coordinates.............two of them.

That takes no more time than reporting to move the in-game camera because you pushing the thumbstick in a direction OR you moved your head and the six-axis motion sensor is reporting to the PS5.

You are 100% in the wrong here............and you know it.

Trying to whittle down your argument isn't going to help you.

This is what you get for being a little bitch who got mad and tried to argue a point that you know you were 100% going to lose. LOL

You're a fucking moron :lawl: :rofl: :tom: 

Oh so it's just a IR camera which reports simple X,Y coordinates huh? :bena:   Just two of them eh? :bena:   Simple as that, huh? :bena: 

LOL You fucking MORON..............  :ovolol:

8 minutes ago, Remij said:

$550 DOA

The retard thinks foveated rendering and an OLED screen aren’t big deals when literally every VR developer has been begging for foveated rendering since last gen :mj:

The PS5 is very capable of good VR even without foveated rendering. This will just mean that its games will shit all over the crap you get on Quest 2. The specs blow the shitty Quest 2 out if the water. So much so that I plan to use it as the main VR headset for my PC going forward. You keep embarrassing yourself with these posts. Your blind hatred for Sony is making you post ignorant and retarded shit in here. Gonna be hilarious when the headset launches and starts dropping GOTY candidates before the Series L or any of the other products you support :dbry:

Edited by FIREPOWER
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No it isn't

It has better resolution than Quest 2

It has better FOV than a Quest 2

And it was WAY better screen technology than a Quest 2

I love how you are running to other arguments, because you are losing this one so badly.:drake:

LOL yes it is.

It's also a tethered piece of shit :tom: