PS5 VR2 launches February 22, 2023 ($549.99)

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

You're a fucking moron :lawl: :rofl: :tom: 

Oh so it's just a IR camera which reports simple X,Y coordinates huh? :bena:   Just two of them eh? :bena:   Simple as that, huh? :bena: 

LOL You fucking MORON..............  :ovolol:

Yeah.

And guess what.

ITS FASTER THAN STANDARD FOVEATED rendering

v47Zjg5.png

:lawl::lawl:Oh my god, I actually didn't notice this part.............the Unity engine developers said that using eye-tracking foveated rendering was actually IMPROVING  GPU frame time performance than STANDARD FIXED foveated-rendering

Holy shit..........you have completely lost this argument:lawl::lawl::lawl:

• aitch 1
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats too expensive especially with no compelling software. VR is never going to catch on at this rate.

But with Sony, the customer has the ability to get there step by step.   FIrst step, try and save up money for a PS5 and get one.   Second step, later on, save up to get a PSVR2

That fucking spider level.  

1 minute ago, FIREPOWER said:

The retard thinks foveated rendering and an OLED screen aren’t big deals when literally every VR developer has been begging for foveated rendering since last gen :mj:

The PS5 is very capable of good VR even without foveated rendering. This will just mean that its games will shit all over the crap you get on Quest 2. The specs blow the shitty Quest 2 out if the water. So much so that I plan to use it as the main VR headset for my PC going forward. You keep embarrassing yourself with these posts. Your blind hatred for Sony is making you post ignorant and retarded shit in here. Gonna be hilarious when the headset launches and starts dropping GOTY candidates before the Series L or any of the other products you support :dbry:

Why are you even comparing it to Quest 2's games... Who said anything about comparing those games...  I'm comparing strictly the hardware...:drake: 

I mean shit man... is THAT what you have to do to try to win some type of argument I was never making? :wonder: 

LMFAO every VR dev has been begging for it huh?  Ok show me some examples?  :mj: 

I think you mean PSVR developers were begging for some actual controllers and not fucking dildo controllers with rubber balls on the ends :rofl: 

LOL yes it is.

It's also a tethered piece of shit :tom: 

Yes, the PSVR2 is a gen ahead of the Quest 2.

And the Quest Pro, and Quest 3 for that matter.

Oh man, you can literally SEE HIM RUNNING to other topics, he's so desperate.

Just now, jehurey said:

Yeah.

And guess what.

ITS FASTER THAN STANDARD FOVEATED rendering

v47Zjg5.png

:lawl::lawl:Oh my god, I actually didn't notice this part.............the Unity engine developers said that using eye-tracking foveated rendering was actually IMPROVING  GPU frame time performance than STANDARD FIXED foveated-rendering

Holy shit..........you have completely lost this argument:lawl::lawl::lawl:

OMG, he's TRULY that stupid :kaz: 

Eye-tracked FR is faster... because they can decrease the resolution of a larger area around the viewpoint... because it's tracked.........:drake: 

You didn't notice something that was obvious?  How surprising? :lemming:  Why wouldn't GPU frametimes improve when you only have to render smaller areas in native resolution?..................

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yes, the PSVR2 is a gen ahead of the Quest 2.

And the Quest Pro, and Quest 3 for that matter.

Oh man, you can literally SEE HIM RUNNING to other topics, he's so desperate.

No, it's literally the same gen as the Quest 2.  And it's tethered to a console :rofl: 

Just now, Remij said:

OMG, he's TRULY that stupid :kaz: 

Eye-tracked FR is faster... because they can decrease the resolution of a larger area around the viewpoint... because it's tracked.........:drake: 

You didn't notice something that was obvious?  How surprising

So you ALREADY knew that eye tracking foveated rendering procues better framerate than Quest 2's fixed rendering.

So..................you arguing about "its not free" is entirely moot because its EFFICIENCIES more than compensate for it.

Thank

You

For

Losing

The

Argument

:blessed:

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

Why are you even comparing it to Quest 2's games... Who said anything about comparing those games...  I'm comparing strictly the hardware...:drake: 

I mean shit man... is THAT what you have to do to try to win some type of argument I was never making? :wonder: 

LMFAO every VR dev has been begging for it huh?  Ok show me some examples?  :mj: 

I think you mean PSVR developers were begging for some actual controllers and not fucking dildo controllers with rubber balls on the ends :rofl: 

:hest: Fuck outta here! 

This is why you lemtards keep catching Ls. Why wouldn’t you compare games coming out for gaming peripherals? Are you buying the VR headsets to look at them or to play games? This is why Phil was able to sell you retards a $500 door stop with no games :mj:

At the end of the day, the games are the most important thing. Sony will support the PSVR2 better than even Microshit will support the LBox. Its specs are impressive and kick the shit out of any other VR headset on the market but more importantly it will have great AAA support from Sony and their 3rd party partners :aitch:

Edited by FIREPOWER
Just now, jehurey said:

So you ALREADY knew that eye tracking foveated rendering procues better framerate than Quest 2's fixed rendering.

So..................you arguing about "its not free" is entirely moot because its EFFICIENCIES more than compensate for it.

Thank

You

For

Losing

The

Argument

:blessed:

I never said it wasn't...... :drake: 

And that doesn't change the fact that it's not free.  The processing is done on the PS5... The games have to support it.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

No, it's literally the same gen as the Quest 2.  And it's tethered to a console :rofl: 

No it isn't

You literally just admitted that eye-tracking rendering is head and shoulders superior tech that actually improves performance.

And Quest Pro and Quest 3 will be stuck with a last-gen rendering technique.:blessed:

You LITERALLY JUST ADMITTED TO ALL OF THIS.

Not to mention picture quality is better through tether than compressed video through WiFi

Wired bandwidth will beat WiFi bandwidth EVERY DAY of the WEEK, as well.

Just now, FIREPOWER said:

:hest: Fuck outta here! 

This is why you lemtards keep catching Ls. Why would t you compare games coming out for gaming peripherals? Are you buying the VR headsets to look at them or to play games? This is why Phil was able to sell you retards a $500 door stop with no games :mj:

At the end of the day, the games are the most important thing. Sony will support the PSVR2 better than even Microshit will support the LBox. Its specs are impressive and kick the shit out of any other VR headset on the market but more importantly it will have great AAA support from Sony and their 3rd party partners :aitch:

I know you're excited for it man.  And you mentioned using it on your PC too... because you know PC is simply better for VR.  I bet you'll end up using it more on your PC than your PS5 :hest: 

Just now, jehurey said:

No it isn't

You literally just admitted that eye-tracking rendering is head and shoulders superior tech that actually improves performance.

And Quest Pro and Quest 3 will be stuck with a last-gen rendering technique.:blessed:

You LITERALLY JUST ADMITTED TO ALL OF THIS.

Not to mention picture quality is better through tether than compressed video through WiFi

Wired bandwidth will beat WiFi bandwidth EVERY DAY of the WEEK, as well.

PS5 needs all the performance help it can get.  It literally NEEDs it...

And you don't know what Quest 3 will have. 

And wifi 6 in the Quest 2 works perfectly from my PC. :glad: 

Nothing about anything beats having a stupid wire hanging from your head and tripping under your feet.  That's LAST GEN type shit :tom: 

8 minutes ago, Remij said:

I know you're excited for it man.  And you mentioned using it on your PC too... because you know PC is simply better for VR.  I bet you'll end up using it more on your PC than your PS5 :hest: 

I'm using it on my PS5 first because Sony just has better VR games period, not the mostly indie level trash that is on PC VR. I'm not buying a VR headset to play indie games in VR. I know Sony will support it with AAA games like Horizon Call of the Mountain :smoke:

Getting it for PC also because all the other VR headsets available on PC suck ass compared to it. When it launches, it will be the best VR headset money can buy :scsa:

Edited by FIREPOWER

PS5 needs all the performance help it can get.  It literally NEEDs it...

It already got it, from the 3.6x performance increase of the PSVR2

that means the developer doesn't HAVE TO alter any graphics settings, because foveated eye-tracking, which should be implemented in Sony's dev tools and automatically work between PS5 dev tools and PSVR2 dev tools, will take the SAME IMAGE QUALITY that it produces on a flat screen..........and be able to do that in specific area where foveated rendering takes place.

Therefore, if a developer can get a game running at 4K or near 4K at 30 frames per second..........the eye-tracking foveated rendering will be able generate a performance increase than is 3.6x

So, it will be able to meet the 90 frame per second that the headset needs for the gamer.

And, the gamer's eye.........EVERY SPOT he looks within the headset will be of the same image quality that the game has when played on a flat screen.

Therefore NOTHING to break immersion, while still maintaining the high framerate needed for VR

:blessed:Wow..............that's a real NEXT-GENERATION breakthrough for VR.

• aitch 1
1 hour ago, FIREPOWER said:

It’s actually cheap when you compare it to their highend VR options. You can’t compare it to cheaper VR headsets on the market because those are ass and not anywhere on the same level as a PSVR2 is. If you are trying to get comparable highend VR, it’s the cheapest option out there by far.

people who game on consoles =/= people who game on high end PCs. The average console gamer isn't going to invest this much money in a VR headset regardless of what other options are available. I don't know why VR is still ludicrously expensive but its going to continue to be a niche market for this reason.

Its no surprise MS and Nintendo haven't bothered with VR yet for Series X and Switch.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

I'm using it on my PS5 first because Sony just has better VR games period, not the mostly indie level trash that is on PC VR. I'm not buying a VR headset to play indie games in VR. I know Sony will support it with AAA games like Horizon Call of the Mountain :smoke:

Getting it for PC also because all the other VR headsets available on PC suck ass compared to it. When it launches, it will be the best VR headset money can buy :scsa:

Oh ok :Jeff:

:D 

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

people who game on consoles =/= people who game on high end PCs. The average console gamer isn't going to invest this much money in a VR headset regardless of what other options are available. I don't know why VR is still ludicrously expensive but its going to continue to be a niche market for this reason.

Its no surprise MS and Nintendo haven't bothered with VR yet for Series X and Switch.

But with Sony, the customer has the ability to get there step by step.

FIrst step, try and save up money for a PS5 and get one.

Second step, later on, save up to get a PSVR2

Both of these will have long tails in terms of consistently selling.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

It already got it, from the 3.6x performance increase of the PSVR2

that means the developer doesn't HAVE TO alter any graphics settings, because foveated eye-tracking, which should be implemented in Sony's dev tools and automatically work between PS5 dev tools and PSVR2 dev tools, will take the SAME IMAGE QUALITY that it produces on a flat screen..........and be able to do that in specific area where foveated rendering takes place.

Therefore, if a developer can get a game running at 4K or near 4K at 30 frames per second..........the eye-tracking foveated rendering will be able generate a performance increase than is 3.6x

So, it will be able to meet the 90 frame per second that the headset needs for the gamer.

And, the gamer's eye.........EVERY SPOT he looks within the headset will be of the same image quality that the game has when played on a flat screen.

Therefore NOTHING to break immersion, while still maintaining the high framerate needed for VR

:blessed:Wow..............that's a real NEXT-GENERATION breakthrough for VR.

3.6x performance increase... in the lab demo :drake: 

In Unity... :lawl: 

Enjoy your PC ports... and Horizon game  :rofl: 

Just now, jehurey said:

But with Sony, the customer has the ability to get there step by step.

FIrst step, try and save up money for a PS5 and get one.

Second step, later on, save up to get a PSVR2

Both of these will have long tails in terms of consistently selling.

Like PSVR huh :drake: 

5 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

I asked Beggij and Ramza to name one game that had graphics quality on the level of Half Life Alyx..............which barely even looks like an early-wave PS4 game., and they named Medal of Honor.

And then Beggij, about an hour later named some hacl and slash game.

And then when I researched the game............I found out it came out in 2019 :hest:

So they literally showed me evidence that PC VR developments had graphics PEAK during 2019-2020, and its actually been regressing every since. LOL

• Haha 1