PS5 VR2 launches February 22, 2023 ($549.99)

Just now, Ike said:

We need a Astro Bot 2 as soon as possible. It was the biggest step in platformers since SM64. :smoke:

That's pretty much guaranteed to happen. I'm positive it has been in production for quite some time already. If they can manage to make a more substantial game it's going to be incredible. 

I wish I could play Moss 2 on my PC right now. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats too expensive especially with no compelling software. VR is never going to catch on at this rate.

But with Sony, the customer has the ability to get there step by step.   FIrst step, try and save up money for a PS5 and get one.   Second step, later on, save up to get a PSVR2

That fucking spider level.  

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Nice to see PSVR2 flexing it's muscles

psvr2.png

psvr22.png

Holy fucking shit :mj: 

I was told there would be real next gen VR games on this thing... where are they?

Yeah, nothing shown on PSVR2 is mind blowing. 

And Horizon looks like a tech demo kinda game so far, unfortunately. This isn't 2017 anymore so that shit won't fly with me.

Just now, Ramza said:

Yeah, nothing shown on PSVR2 is mind blowing. 

And Horizon looks like a tech demo kinda game so far, unfortunately. This isn't 2017 anymore so that shit won't fly with me.

Exactly. 

Only Horizon looks good visually from everything I've seen so far.  The rest has literally been the same middle PCVR level shit.

There will be some in the future for sure... but for launch.. it's looking really bad honestly.  Not what you'd expect after a full PSVR generation.

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

Exactly. 

Only Horizon looks good visually from everything I've seen so far.  The rest has literally been the same middle PCVR level shit.

There will be some in the future for sure... but for launch.. it's looking really bad honestly.  Not what you'd expect after a full PSVR generation.

Meh, who is going to invest AAA type production values on PSVR2 without incentives from Sony? I don't really expect many softwares to take full advantage of the hardware for a while besides some key exclusives. A lot of multiplatform games will also aim for lower end PCs, or Metaquest.

And tbh, I expected the PC ports to PSVR2 to be amazing and they really aren't, so far.

After The Fall and Pistol Whip are cool but where are the praised PCVR games you see on steam??? No Alyx, no Pavlov/Contractors, no Blade and Sorcery, no Into the Radius, no Boneworks? I expected the PC VR devs to be more excited to see new VR hardware enter the market, I was expecting a real floodgate of ports.

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

Meh, who is going to invest AAA type production values on PSVR2 without incentives from Sony? I don't really expect many softwares to take full advantage of the hardware for a while besides some key exclusives. A lot of multiplatform games will also aim for lower end PCs, or Metaquest.

And tbh, I expected the PC ports to PSVR2 to be amazing and they really aren't, so far.

After The Fall and Pistol Whip are cool but where are the praised PCVR games you see on steam??? No Alyx, no Pavlov/Contractors, no Blade and Sorcery, no Into the Radius, no Boneworks? I expected the PC VR devs to be more excited to see new VR hardware enter the market, I was expecting a real floodgate of ports.

I'm betting that HL:A gets announced closer to launch of the headset.  I mean there's no way they don't work out something with Valve to get it on the PSVR2.

It would instantly make the headset more desirable for a ton of people.. who are essentially waiting for it to be announced.

But regarding the PCVR games on PSVR2.. I remember seeing one which looked a decent amount better.. I think it was Demeo?  But outside of that.. nothing that great.  It all looks very current gen.

Asobi's new title will probably be great, and look visually very nice. 

21 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Meh, who is going to invest AAA type production values on PSVR2 without incentives from Sony?

thats why the smartest way to make VR games is to take EXISTING third-party games, and convincing them to implement VR modes.

but.........that would require alot of work, especially with the graphics.

unless Sony implemented a smart way for the developer to run their games at 90fps while having to make no tweaks to their game rendering, because the hardware has an efficient solution

Like eye-tracking foveated rendering.

And if Sony implemented those PSVR2 tools into their PS5 tools in order for the developer to quickly get a VR mode up and running.

Racing IPs that third parties have been abandoning within these past few years could now have a reason to come back.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

thats why the smartest way to make VR games is to take EXISTING third-party games, and convincing them to implement VR modes.

unless Sony implemented a smart way for the developer to run their games at 90fps while having to make no tweaks to their game rendering, because the hardware has an efficient solution

And if Sony implemented those PSVR2 tools into their PS5 tools in order for the developer to quickly get a VR mode up and running.

Racing IPs that third parties have been abandoning within these past few years could now have a reason to come back.

It's just so easy!

Wait... how many of these launch games are using it atm again? :drake: 

LOL I LOVE how Jerky's trying to claim that instead of building AAA built from the ground up games for VR... developers should shoehorn shitty VR modes into their games because Sony gave them an "easy" way to do so :lawl: :lawl: :lawl: :lawl: 

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's just so easy!

Wait... how many of these launch games are using it atm again? :drake: 

RE8

and RE4 remake.

your question has been answered:blessed:

and the great part, if you look at those September trailers is how you can easily tell that Capcom added that VR announcement at the last minute, especially for RE4 remake.

Basically they saw the Sony PSVR2 capabilities and realized they could add VR modes to one game that PROBABLY NEEDS  a little something extra to help consumers pay for it (RE8 gold).

But they DO NOT NEED to add a VR mode to RE4 remake, that game would've sold well on PS5 no matter what.

But they still announced it. Thats a sign that Capcom figured that it wouldn't be that much work for them to add the mode.

if they needed to re-configure the graphics or load-in, or textures for VR.......would they bother adding a VR mode to those games? No.

Edited by jehurey
31 minutes ago, jehurey said:

RE8

and RE4 remake.

your question has been answered:blessed:

and the great part, if you look at those September trailers is how you can easily tell that Capcom added that VR announcement at the last minute, especially for RE4 remake.

Basically they saw the Sony PSVR2 capabilities and realized they could add VR modes to one game that PROBABLY NEEDS  a little something extra to help consumers pay for it (RE8 gold).

But they DO NOT NEED to add a VR mode to RE4 remake, that game would've sold well on PS5 no matter what.

But they still announced it. Thats a sign that Capcom figured that it wouldn't be that much work for them to add the mode.

if they needed to re-configure the graphics or load-in, or textures for VR.......would they bother adding a VR mode to those games? No.

lmao... modders do all the shit you're talking about on PC all the time...

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

lmao... modders do all the shit you're talking about on PC all the time...

so what you are saying is that large publishers think that there is SO VERY LITTLE EARNING POTENTIAL to add VR modes to their existing PC ports of major games.

VR modes that YOU CLAIM ARE SOOOOOOO EASY TO IMPLMENT, that modders do it.

...............but the publishers don't do it, therefore it means they really don't see PC VR as a worthwhile market?

you...................are basically saying that right?

Capcom decided that adding a VR mode for games that don't really need it, because they were releasing on the PS5 because of OTHER IMPROVEMENTS......but they decided it was worthwhile to release  add a VR mode for PS5

Now why is that?

Probably a combination of things. 1. PSVR2 implementation is cheap and quick, and 2. It will help keep the value of the sku that third-parties deem the most important, the Playstation version.

My logic is very simple. Apply points #1 and #2 to basically any other action game made by a traditional third-party publisher who makes traditional AA and AAA games.

Pay $30 for a VR-only game that doesn't look like it has top of the line graphics? That's a bit of a hard sell.

Pay $60-$70 for a major Activision/EA/Ubisoft/Capcom game you were already thinking about buying on PS5 for eventually, so it comes with the traditional flat-screen mode, but it also comes with a VR mode on top of that?

It could actually be seen as less of a risk from Activision/EA/Ubisoft/Capcom's point of view.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

so what you are saying is that large publishers think that there is SO VERY LITTLE EARNING POTENTIAL to add VR modes to their existing PC ports of major games.

No.. I'm simply saying that it's not hard.. when single modders can do exactly what you're saying withouth the PS5 "special sauce".... which you continually mention as some saving grace for PSVR2.. allowing it to get shitty shoehorned VR modes in games not designed for it from the ground up.

And sweetie... Sony is literally the one doing everything they can to convince those same publishers to do it....   :drake: 

Just now, Remij said:

No.. I'm simply saying that it's not hard.. when single modders can do exactly what you're saying

So that means PUBLISHERS think SO LITTLE of you PC VR consumers, that they have determined its not even worth it.

That thing, that you say "its not hard"

They can't even get ONE OF THEIR OWN WORKERS to make a VR mode for the official release

You're stuck with your own logic.

And I'm not letting out of it.

This is proof that the PC VR space is worthless.

Capcom/Activision/Ubisoft/EA don't even care to spend PENNIES to make a VR mode to sell to your guys.

That's how little your consumer base is worth.

What Capcom just did for RE8 and RE4 remake on PSVR2..................you have NO EQUIVALENT of that ever happening in the PC VR space, do you?

11 hours ago, Remij said:

I'm betting that HL:A gets announced closer to launch of the headset.  I mean there's no way they don't work out something with Valve to get it on the PSVR2.

It would instantly make the headset more desirable for a ton of people.. who are essentially waiting for it to be announced.

But regarding the PCVR games on PSVR2.. I remember seeing one which looked a decent amount better.. I think it was Demeo?  But outside of that.. nothing that great.  It all looks very current gen.

Asobi's new title will probably be great, and look visually very nice. 

Demeo is great. I have the quest/rift version. It actually run well even on my laptop. Cool game but hardly a showcase.

10 hours ago, jehurey said:

I know nothing about dev tools but yeah, the problem is most current gen flatscreen game requires some visual downgrades to work in VR with the required high FPS/double rendering.

And it's not like a VR mode will significantly increase sales so there's not much incentive to do so. 

On the plus side though, we can at least expect Sony to try that with a few of their exclusives. Gran Turismo 7 for example, that would actually be big news. Or lower end graphics games like that platformer LBP Adventure. Why not? They could even implement the VR mode in the PC version, reaching a bigger userbase. 

But the high-end graphics games like GoW, Horizon, Ratchet just can't be easily translated into fully functional VR modes.

Anyway, the software support will be better than on PSVR1, which is fine with me. 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

It shouldn't be that demanding.  I could be wrong though.

My laptop absolutely suck ass at running VR games. Like anything more than SUPERHOT textures and it probably won't run too good. :D 

I would have never bought anything on Quest otherwise.