Pentiment (Obsidian gamepass adventure game) reviews dropping - 10 from IGN and 6 from GS

47 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

More shitty Shamepass filler :luff: But it's Obsidian so it gets boosted by 2 points.

Hardly the type of stuff you expect out of Obsidian. I love their RPGs more than any other company, but I have zero interest in this or Grounded. 

It's a good thing they are producing two RPGs right now or I would be worried that Obsidian would be a totally different company under MS. 

8 hours ago, Ramza said:

Hardly the type of stuff you expect out of Obsidian. I love their RPGs more than any other company, but I have zero interest in this or Grounded. 

It's a good thing they are producing two RPGs right now or I would be worried that Obsidian would be a totally different company under MS. 

You have to give some of these studios SOME creative freedom to try new things.

If anything, I'd say this is GamePass permitting Obsidian and others to try new things... and that's only healthy for the teams overall.

Of course that's not to say their studio management is any good...  I basically think as long as they leave studios like Obsidian, Id Software, Double Fine, and others alone... they'll work fine on their own.

27 minutes ago, Remij said:

You have to give some of these studios SOME creative freedom to try new things.

If anything, I'd say this is GamePass permitting Obsidian and others to try new things... and that's only healthy for the teams overall.

Of course that's not to say their studio management is any good...  I basically think as long as they leave studios like Obsidian, Id Software, Double Fine, and others alone... they'll work fine on their own.

Yeah sure, but I don't give a shit. Just give me my RPG. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Yeah sure, but I don't give a shit. Just give me my RPG. 

I don't get this. Obsidian's strengths lie in the stories and characters they create. This game appears to have both in spades, does it really matter that its not a RPG? Im not sure why an Obsidian fan wouldn't be interested in trying it.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I don't get this. Obsidian's strengths lie in the stories and characters they create. This game appears to have both in spades, does it really matter that its not a RPG? Im not sure why an Obsidian fan wouldn't be interested in trying it.

Ramzy is very particular.

10 hours ago, Ramza said:

Grounded Lindsay Lohan Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I almost forgot about that flop :rofls: What the fuck were they thinking?

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

How did it flop? It was made by a team of 20 people and ended up being one of the higher rated survival/crafting games this year.

They dragged this shit out for years and in the end it was a completely forgettable flop. MS bought a developer known for RPGs and had them make the most bland pointless shot you could ever imagine.

"I bought an xbox to play grounded" - said no-one ever.

• Haha 1