So what were your top 10 games of the year?

@Goukosan

Man, let's just talk games. 

What did actually think of NMH3? I don't think my 7/10 is too high. I don't understand why it flopped so hard personally. The side activities sure drags the whole thing down but not much of it is actually mandatory to go through, I did mostly everything because I'm obsessed and I can say none of it is necessary at all.

Have you tried DP2 and Triangle Strategy? 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have no problem with anyone shitting on my list, because you are all fucking stupid anyway and I have no respect for any of you. GoW this, Elden Ring that. Like a bunch of fucking NPCs. Embarrassing

I don't think I can even list 5, let alone 10. I've played a lot of games but most of them aren't good enough for me to put on a "Best Game" list. A lot of them fall in the 6-7 rating area. I mean, my

Jerry didn't even play 10 games all year  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Apparently its better than all but 7 to 9 other PC games, from what I can tell.

Yeah because I have played every PC game that came out this year. 

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Is the pc version of NMH3 good?

Depends what you mean by good. If you mean a good PC port with a lot of graphical settings and improvement, this is not it, locked 60FPS and barely any settings.

If by good you mean, runs better than on Switch, then yeah, I guess. For what's it's worth, my experience wasn't a buggy or problematic one. It's just a no effort port but it works fine. 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

@Goukosan

Man, let's just talk games. 

What did actually think of NMH3? I don't think my 7/10 is too high. I don't understand why it flopped so hard personally. The side activities sure drags the whole thing down but not much of it is actually mandatory to go through, I did mostly everything because I'm obsessed and I can say none of it is necessary at all.

Have you tried DP2 and Triangle Strategy? 

The over world in NH3 sucked donkey balls, I don't understand why they even included that because it's so half baked.  It seems like it was an afterthought in development. 

They should have done a NMH2 approach with an interactive map for you to move around on from stage to stage. 

The combat sections I loved as they are as over the as its supposed to be with NMH. 

The story didn't resonate with me at all, I knw NMH's story os supposed to be campy B movie stuff... But this shit was strait up goofy. 

Overall I would rate it a 7.5 because of the trash over world. 

Never been a fan of DP.  Triangle Strategy have to set aside time to play that. 

Edited by Goukosan
7 hours ago, Goukosan said:

The over world in NH3 sucked donkey balls, I don't understand why they even included that because it's so half baked.  It seems like it was an afterthought in development. 

They should have done a NMH2 approach with an interactive map for you to move around on from stage to stage. 

The combat sections I loved as they are as over the as its supposed to be with NMH. 

The story didn't resonate with me at all, I knw NMH's story os supposed to be campy B movie stuff... But this shit was strait up goofy. 

Overall I would rate it a 7.5 because of the trash over world. 

Never been a fan of DP.  Triangle Strategy have to set aside time to play that. 

Sounds about right.

Triangle Strategy is godly. I like it more than Octopath.  

On 2022-12-13 at 10:24 AM, Saucer said:

The only game I played this year was Arcues for a few hours. 

Gaming's becoming like Hollywood where everything's too similar and predictable. I wanna play Inscryption though.

Inscryption is a really cool game. The way it keeps piling on rules and changing things is pretty smart. 

If you crave something original, it's definitely it and the least you know or see about the game, the better. 

I also actually really liked the card game itself but I usually like those type of games. That might not be for you though.

Game journalists really did Triangle Strategy dirty this year and im sure @Ramza would agree. Seeing so many bad takes when it comes to its story, yes it starts off slow but it becomes damn good after the slow first few hours

I mean look at what these dumbos are asking for:

I don't understand when we became so impatient. In fact i'd argue that Horizon Forbidden West had a slower start (which is worse since its an action/adventure game).

I don't think I can even list 5, let alone 10. I've played a lot of games but most of them aren't good enough for me to put on a "Best Game" list. A lot of them fall in the 6-7 rating area. I mean, my pick for GoTY would probably be FF: Stranger of Paradise but that game is like a 7.5, maybe a generous 8.

My list would be more like "Here are 10 games that didn't suck".

Edited by Sabo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • dead 1
3 hours ago, Sabo said:

I don't think I can even list 5, let alone 10. I've played a lot of games but most of them aren't good enough for me to put on a "Best Game" list. A lot of them fall in the 6-7 rating area. I mean, my pick for GoTY would probably be FF: Stranger of Paradise but that game is like a 7.5, maybe a generous 8.

My list would be more like "Here are 10 games that didn't suck".

It's YOUR best top 10.

Plus, let's be honest folks, 2022 wasn't a particularly great year for gaming. Remove Elden Ring or GoW and most people on here would struggle to come up with 10 games or a definitive GOTY. 

Some cool filler games this year and some fun, good indie games on the side. It's mostly niche games, very few big hitters. That's 2022 in a nutshell. 

8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Game journalists really did Triangle Strategy dirty this year and im sure @Ramza would agree. Seeing so many bad takes when it comes to its story, yes it starts off slow but it becomes damn good after the slow first few hours

I mean look at what these dumbos are asking for:

I don't understand when we became so impatient. In fact i'd argue that Horizon Forbidden West had a slower start (which is worse since its an action/adventure game).

What the fuck?

I mean there's an issue with slow pacing, early on, sure. Like you need to watch 7 cutscenes before the next battle starts but it's an important moment where the game establish it's various characters, factions and world lore. It's still really not that bad, especially compared to other SRPGs. But above all, it does become a compelling story with interesting story choices that have a huge impact on the narrative. 

Also, many of the story segments are optional and aren't need to watch to progress the story.

I don't know, some people just have ADHD. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I actually tend to like niche games more, so 2022 was great for me. 

Oh, there were plenty of games I've enjoyed but objectively most of them had glaring flaws. I tend to be more objective than most when it comes to "Best _" Lists.

Now if the question was asking "Favorite Games of the Year" then it'd be a lot easier to think of 10 games because that's a list that's very subjective by nature.

• Like 1
Just now, Sabo said:

Oh, there were plenty of games I've enjoyed but objectively most of them had glaring flaws. I tend to be more objective than most when it comes to "Best _" Lists.

Now if the question was asking "Favorite Games of the Year" then it'd be a lot easier to think of 10 games because that's a list that's very subjective by nature.

very true. my "best" list is actually my "favorite" list. hell, i have scorn in mine and it has the worst combat ever lol. but damn...i do love the environmental puzzles, the beautifully dark atmosphere and some of the twisted shit you have to do lol.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

very true. my "best" list is actually my "favorite" list. hell, i have scorn in mine and it has the worst combat ever lol. but damn...i do love the environmental puzzles and some of the twisted shit you have to do lol.

Haven't actually played that one yet. I plan to pick it up on a deep sale.

• Upvote 1
On 2022-12-11 at 12:56 AM, jehurey said:

LOL that ghetto israeli Timothy Chalamet remark really got to you last night, eh?

My best games of this year are

Bayonetta 3

Horizon Forbidden West

Gran Turismo 7

Vampire Survivors

Pokemon Arceus

Modern Warfare 2 single player campaign

Stray

Puzzle Quest 3 campaign (mobile)

Telling Lies

Grounded, which I'm currently playing co-op.

Other games I played that weren't from this year was,It Takes Two co-op mode, Modern Warfare 1, The Eternal Cylinder, Super Mario 3D with Bowser's Fury, finally went back and completed A Dark Room on android, Vader Immortal Episodes, played through the first 11 levels of the new TMNT game co-op before we got tired of the repetitiveness and determined the game is bleh, and 12 Minutes which was fucking ridiculous.

And probably like 8-10 other VR games that I tried out before quickly realizing they're shit.

You haven’t even played the majority of those games for more than a hour :tom:

3 hours ago, Sabo said:

I'd be down to see what your Top 10 fav games of the year are. You always have interesting choices. Feel free to make that list if you can be bothered.