Your absurd gaming opinions?

3 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Miyazaki is a one trick pony.

Kojima peaked with MGS3, everything after has been a disappointment.

Miyamoto needs to get back into the Director's seat and save gaming once again.

Yes, absolutely. From Software is a Souls games factory now and it sucks. 

I see where you're coming from. But I enjoyed MGSV despite being disappointing, it was a fun game. And I found Death Stranding extremely addictive and original. 

I hope you like Pikmin. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fuck, maybe I'm on the wrong side of this.

Story in games is the least meaningful quality of a game and the idea of playing a game for its story is retarded.

The Metroid Prime games are completely average at best BotW would've got a 7 max if it was on any non Nintendo system and without the Zelda name Phil Spencer is actually one of the worst Xbo

32 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Miyazaki is a one trick pony.

Kojima peaked with MGS3, everything after has been a disappointment.

Miyamoto needs to get back into the Director's seat and save gaming once again.

Started responding to this and realized they're all too absurd.

The Metroid Prime games are completely average at best

BotW would've got a 7 max if it was on any non Nintendo system and without the Zelda name

Phil Spencer is actually one of the worst Xbox Heads that MS has ever had

Story to me now is arguably more important than any other aspect in a game. I will play an average gameplay game if it has an engaging story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Oh one more since his name is getting mentioned:

Death Stranding is the best thing Kojima has ever made. 

Nah no way man, what about MGS1 and MGS3??? Come on, man. I loved Death Stranding but you're nuts. 

22 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

The Metroid Prime games are completely average at best

BotW would've got a 7 max if it was on any non Nintendo system and without the Zelda name

Phil Spencer is actually one of the worst Xbox Heads that MS has ever had

Story to me now is arguably more important than any other aspect in a game. I will play an average gameplay game if it has an engaging story.

I love you for this post though. 

4 hours ago, Ramza said:

Yes, absolutely. From Software is a Souls games factory now and it sucks. 

I see where you're coming from. But I enjoyed MGSV despite being disappointing, it was a fun game. And I found Death Stranding extremely addictive and original. 

I hope you like Pikmin. 

I do like Pikmin actually.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Ramza said:

Story and lore in a game is one of the most important aspect to me and I don't say this to be contrarian. My favorite games of all time are not entirely for their gameplay but because I found them to be memorable experiences. It can come in the form of entertaining characters, well realized world and lore, a good story, interesting dialogues choices that impact the narrative, it's not just watching cutscenes obviously. 

This is also why RPGs are by far my favorite genre and has always been and always will be. 

Anyone who think playing games for the story is a retarded act, is actually the retard himself. Go play some RPGs.  

of course it is. I mean hotsauce might actually mean it but I take it as a joke. might be the first real absurd gaming opinion in this thread, everything else I hear is pretty standard opinion

just did the groundbreaker stuff in the outer worlds, just bit by bit took my a few hours but solved everything by talking. easily my fav stats in those games, charisma in general (in crpgs) and ofc speech checks

Spoiler

the mcgreery guy at lower level, the king, the guy owned. i talked him out of everything and he ended up being pretty cool with everything instead of fighting my way through :D 

Edited by kaz
2 hours ago, Ramza said:

Nah no way man, what about MGS1 and MGS3??? Come on, man. I loved Death Stranding but you're nuts. 

I know, but don't forget i'm not saying those are bad. Those are insanely incredible games but something about Death Stranding just hit different. What he managed to create from what is literally a game where it's core gameplay is walk to another location was just something else. The story and emotions in that game too. He did something truly remarkable. Reaching the peak of a mountain and seeing your destination in the distance and that soundtrack kicking in and the feeling that went along with that (for something which is just so so basic when you think about it) just blew my mind away. The world, the characters, the story, the feeling of isolation paired with the feeling of connection through the world building. I spent hours building a bloody highway for other people to use lol 

Also the more time passes the more I feel it ages better and better which is not usually the case. I honestly think it will end up being my Game of the Generation for last gen. 

But again, MGS and MGS3 are also absolutely superb. Also this thread does say Absurd gaming opinions so I am well aware that that view is considered absurd lol

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

I love you for this post though. 

:B-2:

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, kaz said:

of course it is. I mean hotsauce might actually mean it but I take it as a joke. might be the first real absurd gaming opinion in this thread, everything else I hear is pretty standard opinion

just did the groundbreaker stuff in the outer worlds, just bit by bit took my a few hours but solved everything by talking. easily my fav stats in those games, charisma in general (in crpgs) and ofc speech checks

Reveal hidden contents

the mcgreery guy at lower level, the king, the guy owned. i talked him out of everything and he ended up being pretty cool with everything instead of fighting my way through :D 

Hell, yeah. You can convince people in so many ways in Outer Worlds. That's the thing I miss in FO76, the speech checks rarely lead to anything good. 

Outer Worlds story is so flawed though, you might regret that choice at the end. I'll tell you more when you get farther in-game and my issue with The Outer World narrative. But I don't want to influence you early on. 

GOW peaked at 2 and the rest have been average at best. If it wasn't called  GOW and Ragnarok was an Xbox game it would scored  a 7 at best. 

Story in games are important, for the first play through... After that if the gameplay isn't great the second play through ends up being trash... Or doesn't happen at all....You then realize that gameplay is king and much more important than story because it's the gameplay that will keep you continually revisiting a classic game .. Not the story. 

The Sony Spiderman games are re-skinned Rocksteady Batman games just not nearly as good as said batman games. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • NPC 1

Let me put it to you this way:

Bayonetta, almost all the games, have the most BUTT-FUCKINGLY TERRIBLE STORIES I have ever seen in my entire life........I genuinely, GENUINELY hate the story in the first game.

Even compared to other Japanese games with stupid Japanese story-telling, Bayo 1's was excruciating.

Yet, Bayonetta 1 is one of the best games of all time.

We rely on story these days, because the video game we are playing are not taking gameplay to any place that we haven't been already.

31 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Let me put it to you this way:

Bayonetta, almost all the games, have the most BUTT-FUCKINGLY TERRIBLE STORIES I have ever seen in my entire life........I genuinely, GENUINELY hate the story in the first game.

Even compared to other Japanese games with stupid Japanese story-telling, Bayo 1's was excruciating.

Yet, Bayonetta 1 is one of the best games of all time.

We rely on story these days, because the video game we are playing are not taking gameplay to any place that we haven't been already.

it's not one of the best games of all time. it's incel shit.

1 minute ago, sugarhigh said:

it's not one of the best games of all time. it's incel shit.

for you to say its "incel shit" means that you are paying attention to things other than the raw gameplay.

I don't really care for how Bayonetta looks, or how she acts. It obviously feels like a bad cliche.

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

for you to say its "incel shit" means that you are paying attention to things other than the raw gameplay.

I don't really care for how Bayonetta looks, or how she acts. It obviously feels like a bad cliche.

the gameplay is a bad cliche

Just now, sugarhigh said:

the gameplay is a bad cliche

LOL well, your fulfilling the topic of this thread with that statement.

And you make it easier for the rest of us to not give you a shred of credibility from this point forward.

24 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL well, your fulfilling the topic of this thread with that statement.

And you make it easier for the rest of us to not give you a shred of credibility from this point forward.

I'll take Vanquish over that any day. Metal Gear Revengance also better.  And shoutout to Nier Automata.

Edited by sugarhigh