Digital Foundry's Best Game Graphics of 2022 - #1 Horizon Forbidden West, #2 The Callisto Protocol, #3 Portal RTX

1 minute ago, FIREPOWER said:

He's about to have another meltdown in this thread just like he had multiple meltdowns in the GT passing 90 million units sold thread I made :hest:

:mj: Will this loser stop crying every time a PS5 game wins an award or reaches a sales milestone?

:mroff: Phil needs to hurry up and give this clown some worthwhile games, the situation with him and other sad lemshits is getting desperate.

IMG_0506.JPG.8e42651eaad3775fd68812bf5ce2cb22.JPG

Losing his mind because HFW won nothing in relation to its gameplay :D 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most forgotten hyped game made a big impression actually.

Steam's most popular GPU in 2022 was a 1650.

Back to back years of a PS5 game winning best graphics over Xbox and PC.    The Xbox tools still aren't mature yet it seems..still stuck in infancy 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Losing his mind because HFW won nothing in relation to its gameplay :D 

:mj: Dude is about to have another multi-page meltdown in this thread.

It never ends with this clown. Always crying anytime a PS game wins an award or achieves a sales milestone :mj:

Multiple years of PS games winning graphics awards and GOTYs has this clown contemplating jumping off a bridge :mroff:

E_JsBhFVkAY2w-a.jpg.b063cb318769509b1ae0706d42bea280.jpg

1 hour ago, FIREPOWER said:

:mj: Dude is about to have another multi-page meltdown in this thread.

It never ends with this clown. Always crying anytime a PS game wins an award or achieves a sales milestone :mj:

Multiple years of PS games winning graphics awards and GOTYs has this clown contemplating jumping off a bridge :mroff:

E_JsBhFVkAY2w-a.jpg.b063cb318769509b1ae0706d42bea280.jpg

what GOTY did PlayStation win??? :D 

10 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

another priceless thing about this is horizon being cross gen ultimately didnt matter. a sony cross gen game still demolished everything

Maybe because everything else is also cross gen. Take Callisto Protocol, it's also on PS4/Xbox One. It's the same playing field for third parties. 

10 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Maybe because everything else is also cross gen. Take Callisto Protocol, it's also on PS4/Xbox One. It's the same playing field for third parties. 

thats the point. when almost everything is cross gen, all the handwringing about sony's cross gen games doesnt matter because theyre still among the most technologically impressive games relative to the market.

and to be fair, there was ghostwire tokyo, deathloop (xbox version lol) gotham knights, poor man's tale requiem and more probably. also nothing's stopping a PeeCee exclusive or even multiplat from putting consoles to shame in any given year, except for I guess PeeCee.

8 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

thats the point. when almost everything is cross gen, all the handwringing about sony's cross gen games doesnt matter because theyre still among the most technologically impressive games relative to the market.

and to be fair, there was ghostwire tokyo, deathloop (xbox version lol) gotham knights, poor man's tale requiem and more probably. also nothing's stopping a PeeCee exclusive or even multiplat from putting consoles to shame in any given year, except for I guess PeeCee.

But you were bragging about it as if Sony was in a different playing field and still came out on top, or at least that's how I interpreted it. No one in their right mind would deny that Sony first party makes some of the best, if not the very best looking games in the industry right now. 

PC is something else, it's like the complete opposite, there are no point in pushing a PC exclusive into the realm of best looking game on the market. Because that's not the PC market, the PC market is compromised of %70 of users with various low to mid end range hardware and it shows, because the huge PC hits nowadays are pretty much all low end graphics games with only a few exceptions. PC is the king of indie games, not of triple A productions.

And let me be l clear, there's nothing wrong with this. At the end of the day, for those who wants the premium graphics experience, they will get it from the multiplatform games that will run far better on their PC than on consoles anyway, so it's still there, except with a lot less exclusives, which is fine.

And man, PC having tons of AAA games back in the days is also a myth now that I think about it. You had a few WRPGs, some strategy games. Everything else was being ported to consoles already, maybe the ports weren't always good but I still played Half-Life on Dreamcast in 1999, ffs. Of course there are less PC exclusives now to choose from but that happened on consoles as well as the cost of production values kept increasing over time and everything became multiplatform. So it's running the exact same story in parallels and I think most people on this board doesn't realize this and seems to think PC was just this land of insanely high production values when it really wasn't, in fact the stuff from Squaresoft pretty put everything on PC to shame back in the 90s, in terms of pure production values. No one on PC was competing with those expensive CGI cutscenes and orchestral soundtracks. Stuff like Diablo and Half-Life started off as pretty humble production that only costed a few million dollars to make and market, at best. 

Oh shit, I'm rambling on, hard. Sorry. 

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

Plague Tale had a fraction of Horizon's team size and budget but is very much in the same league graphically. So I would argue that being cross gen did limit Horizon's graphical potential.

32 minutes ago, Ramza said:

But you were bragging about it as if Sony was in a different playing field and still came out on top, or at least that's how I interpreted it. No one in their right mind would deny that Sony first party makes some of the best, if not the very best looking games in the industry right now. 

PC is something else, it's like the complete opposite, there are no point in pushing a PC exclusive into the realm of best looking game on the market. Because that's not the PC market, the PC market is compromised of %70 of users with various low to mid end range hardware and it shows, because the huge PC hits nowadays are pretty much all low end graphics games with only a few exceptions. PC is the king of indie games, not of triple A productions.

And let me be l clear, there's nothing wrong with this. At the end of the day, for those who wants the premium graphics experience, they will get it from the multiplatform games that will run far better on their PC than on consoles anyway, so it's still there, except with a lot less exclusives, which is fine.

And man, PC having tons of AAA games back in the days is also a myth now that I think about it. You had a few WRPGs, some strategy games. Everything else was being ported to consoles already, maybe the ports weren't always good but I still played Half-Life on Dreamcast in 1999, ffs. Of course there are less PC exclusives now to choose from but that happened on consoles as well as the cost of production values kept increasing over time and everything became multiplatform. So it's running the exact same story in parallels and I think most people on this board doesn't realize this and seems to think PC was just this land of insanely high production values when it really wasn't, in fact the stuff from Squaresoft pretty put everything on PC to shame back in the 90s, in terms of pure production values. No one on PC was competing with those expensive CGI cutscenes and orchestral soundtracks. Stuff like Diablo and Half-Life started off as pretty humble production that only costed a few million dollars to make and market, at best. 

Oh shit, I'm rambling on, hard. Sorry. 

i thought half life on dreamcast was canceled :ben:

a lot of the pc ports to dc/ps2/xbox were bad. even something like max payne 1 on the original xbox was compromised with segmented level design and extra loading times.

24 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Plague Tale had a fraction of Horizon's team size and budget but is very much in the same league graphically. So I would argue that being cross gen did limit Horizon's graphical potential.

theyre in the same league in the sense that a #1 seed and a barely above .500 team technically play in the same sports league.

2 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

and that's because Sony is winning "best graphics" awards because they have a development system to create AAA-production visuals and motion-capture that push the hardware to its fullest.

It simply isn't "lets use this game engine, and TURN ON all the fancy new effects".

If they don't have the ability to create newer reflections on the PS4 version of Horizon, then they have a team that is devoted to specifically creating screen-space reflections or cube-maps that are of optimal quality for the PS4 version, and for the PS5 version separately.

The DOWNGRADE texture-quality in the PS4 version of Horizon Forbidden West is an amazing work of efficiency. The Digital Foundry comparison was quite enlightening. It wasn't just the same textures, just muddier lower-res. They created the leaves and dirt and twigs in the ground using different kinds of texture meshes in a way that was cohesive with the rest of the image.

They didn't just put it through a computer. They tweaked it accordingly.

A PC game would win "Best Graphics" every year if there was ONE PC DEVELOPED game that put that much attention to detail and optimization devoted to it by a highly talented group of developers and support-teams.

There isn't because there aren't.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

i thought half life on dreamcast was canceled :ben:

a lot of the pc ports to dc/ps2/xbox were bad. even something like max payne 1 on the original xbox was compromised with segmented level design and extra loading times.

I'm pretty sure I played it on DC, might have been PS2 and I'm mixing things up in my memories. 

I know many ports were busted at the time. The point remains, and Max Payne was kind of an exception. Rockstar GTA trilogy for example were all made with PS2 specs in mind, certainly not specifically for the PC market at the time.

3 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Steam's most popular GPU in 2022 was a 1650. :scared:

So essentially, most PC gamers are stuck somewhere around PS4 specs. Add the STEAM DICK to the mix and now you have an expended userbase that has even weaker specs. Haha. 

But it doesn't matter, Sony will dump all their best looking games on PC a year or two after being released on Playstation.

36 minutes ago, Ramza said:

So essentially, most PC gamers are stuck somewhere around PS4 specs. Add the STEAM DICK to the mix and now you have an expended userbase that has even weaker specs. Haha. 

But it doesn't matter, Sony will dump all their best looking games on PC a year or two after being released on Playstation.

why do you think they were so excited over God of War 2018 and Spider-man 2018?

PC gamers do not get games developed for their platform that has such levels of motion capture and highly produced in-engine cutscenes, and voiceover, and music, and artistic direction down to how the in-game camera moves.

PS4 production quality is superior than anything they have today.

Basically..........if the Unreal Engine doesn't DO IT for the PC developers, the PC developer can't do it on their own, or they won't devote the money and resources for it.

This will be the case for the forseeable future.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, jehurey said:

why do you think they were so excited over God of War 2018 and Spider-man 2018?

PC gamers do not get games developed for their platform that has such levels of motion capture and highly produced in-engine cutscenes, and voiceover, and music, and artistic direction down to how the in-game camera moves.

PS4 production quality is superior than anything they have today.

Basically..........if the Unreal Engine doesn't DO IT for the PC developers, the PC developer can't do it on their own, or they won't devote the money and resources for it.

This will be the case for the forseeable future.

I personally don't care that PC developers aren't making the typical 200 million dollars, cookie cutter, open world, third person action games. 

PC gamers can always buy Ubisoft trash day one if they crave the modern AAA experience. Lmao.

Peace. 

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

I personally don't care that PC developers aren't making the typical 200 million dollars, cookie cutter

Nah dude you got it backwards.

YOUR the one receiving Unreal Engine cookie cutter low-dollar shit.

Your games are assembled, Lego-Style.

And Epic Games is the one who sells the Lego Pieces to 95% of all PC developers.

Every single "innovative" indie PC game of the past decade, like Amnesia: The Dark Descent, the first thing that comes to my mind is "yeah, they made it first-person, because the developer can't make your main character animate well. And usually a walking simulator."

Edited by jehurey