Atomic Heart reviews coming in - 6 at GS, 8 at IGN, 76 at MC

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and mlb after dat and redfall after dat 

Another HoboPass flop. That service is home of trash central.  

No one is spending $70 on this flop.   This will be quickly forgotten like all the shovelware that ends up on Slimepass.

Posted Images

the game is fun, I dig the environments, some of the lore is a fun read too but the dialogue is so bad it makes me wanna rip off my ears. worse cringy one liners than even mine 

Spoiler

😑

2 hours ago, kaz said:

the game is fun, I dig the environments, some of the lore is a fun read too but the dialogue is so bad it makes me wanna rip off my ears. worse cringy one liners than even mine 

Hide contents

😑

I haven’t really paid too much attention to the dialog and that robot/upgrade station hilarious I think. But the game is pretty tough, I’m on the hardest setting but usually that’s not a problem. It’s also fucking eerie. I think the atmosphere is great.  

where you at in it? I still have to get the pesticide canister but I got the other ones. Feels like this will be a long game. There are a lot of puzzles.  

Edited by Jerrys Hair Line

They patched some of the issues in the PC version (such as the missing reflections) so I gave it a try and played through the first hour or so. The game leaves a good first impression, in terms of visual fidelity and performance. It looks sharp and runs super smooth. And despite being a UE4 game there has been 0 stuttering so far.

It does kind of feel like a low rent Bioshock if ill be honest. Not necessarily as a bad thing, as it does present a pretty cool setting and the whole alternate universe Soviet Union vibe is fun.

The writing and dialogue are both pretty awful so far though and does seem like its going to really negatively impact the vibe the game is striving for.

Oh boy, the open world in this game is ass. There's cameras all over the place, they're hard to spot and once they see you an alarm level raises and robots come out of nowhere to attack you. But the real kick in the nuts is that there's these separate flying robots that repair everything you destroy, whether it be the cameras or robots that get spawned. So you often have infinitely spawning robots around you even when you're just trying to explore your surroundings.

Im really not sure what they were thinking with this design. I feel tempted to just blast through the main story and forget about all the side stuff. Which is unfortunate as I heard the puzzle rooms scattered throughout the world are actually pretty good.

11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Oh boy, the open world in this game is ass. There's cameras all over the place, they're hard to spot and once they see you an alarm level raises and robots come out of nowhere to attack you. But the real kick in the nuts is that there's these separate flying robots that repair everything you destroy, whether it be the cameras or robots that get spawned. So you often have infinitely spawning robots around you even when you're just trying to explore your surroundings.

Im really not sure what they were thinking with this design. I feel tempted to just blast through the main story and forget about all the side stuff. Which is unfortunate as I heard the puzzle rooms scattered throughout the world are actually pretty good.

That was the most worrying thing I heard from Gmanlive review. It sounds annoying as fuck.

I like to take my time and explore in most games. 

20 minutes ago, Ramza said:

That was the most worrying thing I heard from Gmanlive review. It sounds annoying as fuck.

I like to take my time and explore in most games. 

Its made worse by the fact that the game doesn't seem to auto save much when you're out in the world so you could potentially run into a situation where you get gangraped by a bunch of robots and lose a good amount of progress.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Agreed. Just run lmfao

On 2/23/2023 at 8:53 PM, Twinblade said:

They patched some of the issues in the PC version (such as the missing reflections) so I gave it a try and played through the first hour or so. The game leaves a good first impression, in terms of visual fidelity and performance. It looks sharp and runs super smooth. And despite being a UE4 game there has been 0 stuttering so far.

It does kind of feel like a low rent Bioshock if ill be honest. Not necessarily as a bad thing, as it does present a pretty cool setting and the whole alternate universe Soviet Union vibe is fun.

The writing and dialogue are both pretty awful so far though and does seem like its going to really negatively impact the vibe the game is striving for.

It's been so long since we had *any* bioshock, I don't mind a low rent one.

• Upvote 1