Bought more Switch games to resell in the future.

@Team 2019

I can't stop buying stuff I don't need. Came very close to pre-ordering Metroid Prime Remastered and Baten Kaitos 1-2 but they'll have to wait. 

Deadly Premonition Origins. No introduction needed.

Chaos Code Limited Edition (Play Asia Exclusive)... Godly underrated fighter. 

Seven Pirates H (Asia import with English language)

• aitch 1
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0BFT81SKB/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwp13NParams   @Ramza   Another one. I have the LE for the

Amiibos  

It's not a bad investment. My dad sold a lot of old megadrive, snes, ps1 games and other retro game and made thousands. Like 5 digits. It just depends which games are going to increase.

I'm going the opposite way. I dont want a man cave and games are just taking up too much space. I made a good profit on all the Saturn games I bought around 2010-2012, but theres too much clutter so I'm selling most games and going all digital. I'm going to back up PS2, Dreamcast, Gamecube and a lot of retro roms since emulation is so good, and stick to a mostly digital PC library, with an exception for playstation consoles - I'll be keeping those games physical. Now I can still play most games bar Saturn because emulation is shitty but I dont have to deal with storing them all. PS2 looks real nice at 4k, and I have all the pre 32 bit era games loaded onto a raspberry pi.

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

It's not a bad investment. My dad sold a lot of old megadrive, snes, ps1 games and other retro game and made thousands. Like 5 digits. It just depends which games are going to increase.

I'm going the opposite way. I dont want a man cave and games are just taking up too much space. I made a good profit on all the Saturn games I bought around 2010-2012, but theres too much clutter so I'm selling most games and going all digital. I'm going to back up PS2, Dreamcast, Gamecube and a lot of retro roms since emulation is so good, and stick to a mostly digital PC library, with an exception for playstation consoles - I'll be keeping those games physical. Now I can still play most games bar Saturn because emulation is shitty but I dont have to deal with storing them all. PS2 looks real nice at 4k, and I have all the pre 32 bit era games loaded onto a raspberry pi.

Cool. Sega Saturn games are worth a lot. I still have Shining the Holy Ark, I actually never played it though. lol

I'm also buying digital games, I actually keep most of the physical games I buy sealed that way. 

Speaking of emulators, I got one of these things. Still waiting for it to get shipped but I'm pretty excited. No need to risk damaging my classics when I have them all on one device. Hehe. Too bad the N64/Dreamcast emulation blows but it's fine, I just want to play PS1 RPGs.

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Cool. Sega Saturn games are worth a lot. I still have Shining the Holy Ark, I actually never played it though. lol

I'm also buying digital games, I actually keep most of the physical games I buy sealed that way. 

Speaking of emulators, I got one of these things. Still waiting for it to get shipped but I'm pretty excited. No need to risk damaging my classics when I have them all on one device. Hehe. Too bad the N64/Dreamcast emulation blows but it's fine, I just want to play PS1 RPGs.

You should have got a SteamDeck, it handles n64 and dreamcast just fine. Most ps2 games too aside from a few demanding ones.

I'm backing all the games onto an external HDD. Between a Linux pc, steamdeck and raspberry pi its the perfect combo for everything :aitch:

I grew tired of consoles. You finish one and have to make space for the next. Its even worse with digital games. I cant play anything from wii u or wii for example unless I dig them out and set them up. At least with PC you just install steam on your new hardware, or copy some roms over.

Speaking of rare games I remember seeing Rule of Rose a french copy or something. I didnt buy it at the time because the rumour was it woulf be released in the UK soon, well it never did and now that shit costs £200+ :scared: So long as I can get the rom and play it im happy, but my advice is to jump on anything you can because you might not get another chance.

Also never open sealed games. I opened Persona 3 PS2 about 10 years after I bought it because I actually intend to play them, not just store them, but the fucking disc was a dud :kaz: Its value when from like £80 to £0 upon discovering that.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, TLHBO said:

You should have got a SteamDeck, it handles n64 and dreamcast just fine. Most ps2 games too aside from a few demanding ones.

I'm backing all the games onto an external HDD. Between a Linux pc, steamdeck and raspberry pi its the perfect combo for everything :aitch:

I grew tired of consoles. You finish one and have to make space for the next. Its even worse with digital games. I cant play anything from wii u or wii for example unless I dig them out and set them up. At least with PC you just install steam on your new hardware, or copy some roms over.

Speaking of rare games I remember seeing Rule of Rose a french copy or something. I didnt buy it at the time because the rumour was it woulf be released in the UK soon, well it never did and now that shit costs £200+ :scared: So long as I can get the rom and play it im happy, but my advice is to jump on anything you can because you might not get another chance.

Also never open sealed games. I opened Persona 3 PS2 about 10 years after I bought it because I actually intend to play them, not just store them, but the fucking disc was a dud :kaz: Its value when from like £80 to £0 upon discovering that.

Skies of Arcadia on the go would be so cool but Steam Deck is pretty expensive. I might get one eventually anyway, considering I have amassed a 325+ games collection on steam in the past two years. lol

I feel you. I got a PS3, a PS4 and a PS classic under my TV collecting dust. It looks pretty ridiculous. It was even worse when I had my PSVR/PS camera and all the cables that goes with that. Clutter is annoying but it can be arranged neatly with the proper place/furniture. 

Lmao, I just remembered Dili and Aza hyping up Rule of Rose. 

WTF, how is that possible? :D Fake sealed game, huh?

Man anything old school Atlus is worth collecting, I made quite a bit of money selling Persona 1, Persona 2, SMTIII Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 and that was a long time ago. 

12 hours ago, Ramza said:

Skies of Arcadia on the go would be so cool but Steam Deck is pretty expensive. I might get one eventually anyway, considering I have amassed a 325+ games collection on steam in the past two years. lol

I feel you. I got a PS3, a PS4 and a PS classic under my TV collecting dust. It looks pretty ridiculous. It was even worse when I had my PSVR/PS camera and all the cables that goes with that. Clutter is annoying but it can be arranged neatly with the proper place/furniture. 

Lmao, I just remembered Dili and Aza hyping up Rule of Rose. 

WTF, how is that possible? :D Fake sealed game, huh?

Man anything old school Atlus is worth collecting, I made quite a bit of money selling Persona 1, Persona 2, SMTIII Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 and that was a long time ago. 

I bought the game on release. Its either bitrot, or more than likely it was just a bad batch. I did find one forum post about a PAL Persona disc not playing but by then its too late to get a refund.

Either test them asap or leave them sealed forever.

17 minutes ago, Saucer said:

Disc rot is why I'm considering selling my GC and PS2 collections. Everything's in perfect condition and I have most of the expensive GC games like Gotcha Force.  I wish they were carts.

I honestly never heard of disc rot, wtf are you guys doing with your games? I got games that I bought at launch date since the PS1 time, around 1998 and they all works. All of them. Even the fucked up ones with deep scratches, though they may glitch at some point. 

It's not like I particularly took care of them all these years. Although sometime forgotten in a closet or box, better that way, I guess. 

51 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I honestly never heard of disc rot, wtf are you guys doing with your games? I got games that I bought at launch date since the PS1 time, around 1998 and they all works. All of them. Even the fucked up ones with deep scratches, though they may glitch at some point. 

It's not like I particularly took care of them all these years. Although sometime forgotten in a closet or box, better that way, I guess. 

I was referring to bit rot, not disc rot. Disc rot is different.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_rot

Realistically though I doubt it was this, it was probably just a bad batch of Persona discs. I remember MGS3 remaster having some dodgy discs across PS3 and 360 too.

• Upvote 1

inflation will negate and potential (small) profit you may make off some obscure games or action figures a decade from now. Like suggested, invest in things that will actually make you money NOW.

54 minutes ago, JonbX said:

inflation will negate and potential (small) profit you may make off some obscure games or action figures a decade from now. Like suggested, invest in things that will actually make you money NOW.

You vastly overestimate inflation, or vastly underestimate the profit margin I can make.

Let's take my Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition that I got in 2009 for 60$. That 60$ is now 74,66$ in 2022.

Quebec Inflation Calculator | Inflation Calculator

But it's market value is now 95,19$ USD, or 129,40$ CAD. New and sealed, it's actually worth over 500$ USD. Granted I don't always go by the market value but the current Ebay value which can vary a lot.

Demon'S Souls Prices | Demon'S Souls Game List (pricecharting.com)

And since I pre-ordered the game I got a artbook and soundtrack CD with it, so I'm actually selling the game for 200$ CAD. 

Anyway not everything is sold decades later. I got a Amiibo of Persona 5 Joker last year for 30$, I could easily sell it for 120$ this year because it's already discontinued. Inflation what? 

You guys should worry about your own investments. I might have stopped for a while but I've been doing this shit for a long time and it has always been easy money. Back in 2005 I bought a Dreamcast and a pile of games for about 300$. I sold most of these games in the 150$+ range. I had some rare stuff like Jojo Bizarre Adventure, Street Fighter III Double Impact/Third Strike and Garou: Mark of the Wolves. 

You just need to know what you're doing. 

So you made 30 bucks on a game 14 years later? Like i said, invest in stuff that will make you money now. Game collecting for money is worthless. Your taking up space and being almost 40 years old collecting figurines for money that might get you and a girl dinner at red lobster a decade later.

When i say inflation im speaking on what your buying power is now. Not on stupid game stuff. Actual things. 

23 minutes ago, JonbX said:

So you made 30 bucks on a game 14 years later? Like i said, invest in stuff that will make you money now. Game collecting for money is worthless. Your taking up space and being almost 40 years old collecting figurines for money that might get you and a girl dinner at red lobster a decade later.

When i say inflation im speaking on what your buying power is now. Not on stupid game stuff. Actual things. 

You can't read or what? I'm selling the game for 200$. That's 126$ net profit margin after counting inflation. This is just for a game I used and bought for myself at the time, otherwise I would have a sealed copy that sells for a couple hundred bucks easily. 

What stuff that will make me money now? Risky and volatile investments like bitcoins? Shares that require sizeable cash downs to get you started?

Whatever dude, I'll keep investing in something that I know and has low risks. I'm thinking of opening my own game store in the future. I actually love doing this, it's fun to me. 

• Upvote 1