Rumor: Switch 2 details, expected release date in 2023, as fast as the PS4, with DLSS and 4K at 30 FPS

4 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Unfortunately for you that SOC from the Nvidia files is better than Steam Deck :umad:

This isn't your first go-round with a new Nintendo system. Every single time they're about half as powerful as Sheep expect during the buildup period. Theyre an extremely conservative company.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That 1080p screen at 7 inches makes this rumor a fake.    That's a waste of extra resources for no tangible benefit at that screen size.      The Switch 2 specs from a SOC standpoint al

It's going to be a hybrid console and I can guarantee you that the image quality will be better than the PS4 pro.  It's going to have a more modern SOC and at least 10gigs of ram.  I don't think it wi

I assume it will be another hybrid console. I just don't think it'll be anywhere near the performance sheep are imagining. We go through this every fucking time. Also we know what a PS4 handheld looks

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Cooke said:

Metroid dread and prime are 5.1

I know.

What I am saying is because Nintendo is too cheap, you can't get Dolby Digital 5.1 but rather PCM and that can only be done with straight HDMI connections and not optical.

6 hours ago, Goukosan said:

You're referring to Switch 2 or Switch 1?

Switch one launched with 900p and 1080 games 7 years ago.. Switch 2 will easily surpass that. 

It has some 1080p games but looking it up its mostly Wii U ports or games which aren't technically demanding.

1080p nosedives performance on the current handhelds on the market and even Xbox Series S is sub 1080p in a number of games now.

4 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

This isn't your first go-round with a new Nintendo system. Every single time they're about half as powerful as Sheep expect during the buildup period. Theyre an extremely conservative company.

Didn't say it would be more power than those other handheld PC powerhouses. 

I said it will be more powerful than the Deck based on the chip NVIDIA will be using.... Deal with it :umad:

57 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Lets be realistic, the Switch 2 is going to underwhelm hardware wise. There is no point in having any expectations for it being powerful given Nintendo's recent history.

i think the expectations are fine. No one is expecting ps5 or series x quality, but rather ps4/Xbox one level. And for a handheld and Nintendo’s magic, that’s more than enough 

8 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

i think the expectations are fine. No one is expecting ps5 or series x quality, but rather ps4/Xbox one level. And for a handheld and Nintendo’s magic, that’s more than enough 

That would make it comparable to the Deck. There's no way it will be that powerful.

1 minute ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Why not? The deck is old hardware at this point. 

The PS3 and 360 are literally 15+ years old at this point and thats the best Nintendo was able to do with the Switch. To expect the Switch 2 to be some kind of major leap is silly.

30 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The PS3 and 360 are literally 15+ years old at this point and thats the best Nintendo was able to do with the Switch. To expect the Switch 2 to be some kind of major leap is silly.

Right. They were a gen behind. Now that ps5/xsx are out we should expect ps4/xbo quality. 

3 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Right. They were a gen behind. Now that ps5/xsx are out we should expect ps4/xbo quality. 

Nintendo isn't going to make a Deck quality handheld anytime soon especially considering how long they've been overpricing their products for. A Switch 2 with Deck hardware would have to cost $500 at the minimum, and there's no way Nintendo is going to sell a system for more than $300.

48 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Nintendo isn't going to make a Deck quality handheld anytime soon especially considering how long they've been overpricing their products for. A Switch 2 with Deck hardware would have to cost $500 at the minimum, and there's no way Nintendo is going to sell a system for more than $300.

Well, deck is about a gen ahead of switch. You think Nintendo will release something less than it? I don’t see it. 

16 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Well, deck is about a gen ahead of switch. You think Nintendo will release something less than it? I don’t see it. 

You need to remember that the last nintendo console before the Switch was the Wii U. Think about the hardware upgrade from the Wii U > to the Switch. It was incredibly small.

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

So they are going to make a 3rd console only slightly more powerful than PS3? 

WiiU was more powerful than PS3 

The Switch is more powerful than PS3 

The switch 2 is not going to just be a little more powerful than PS3 15 years later. It will be equivalent to PS4, and probably better with DLSS 

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

You need to remember that the last nintendo console before the Switch was the Wii U. Think about the hardware upgrade from the Wii U > to the Switch. It was incredibly small.

It's not incredibly small. All the WiiU games that were 720p on WiiU are all 1080p on switch like Mario 3d world, mk8, dk tropical freeze, Bayo, captain toad, pikmin3, etc.

7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Few things... Switch 1 is already more powerful than PS3/ 360.  Expecting Switch 2 to be within that same ballpark is silly. 

The Switch 2 SOC was already spelled out and leaked when Nvidia got hacked.

It is a major leap above Switch 1. 

Obviously not PS5 level because it's a portable, but it will be much more capable than Switch 1.