Official Zelda Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

So far, almost all of my issues with BOTW have been addressed. The combat is still meh, but I never expect good combat in a Zelda game. 

The combat is deeper than you realize, you can button mash all you want but that perry skill is :banderoos:

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I beat the campaign. Wow, I was so close on my first try last night  but it was pretty easy on my second (or my parry game was just way better this morning lol). As for the fight itself, the whole sca

At the 75hr mark, about 74 shrines in and im now about to enter the temple in the desert.    Still have 1 more tower to get.

Picked this up again to find all the shrines and do side missions and side Adventures.    This game is so jammed packed with content it feels like the DLC for this game was included at launc

Posted Images

My main (small gripes) so far

- Only being able to use 5 pins is overly restricted. I've had to start using stickers to map out the general direction of some shrines because i've run out of pins

- Rotating objects and attaching them to others can be overly finicky and takes a bit longer than it should

- There's way too many items. Every time I pick up something new I pretty much forget exactly what it does right after :D 

- Performance leaves something to be desired. Manipulating physics objects in particular can just randomly cause the framerate to plummet.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

- Only being able to use 5 pins is overly restricted. I've had to start using stickers to map out the general direction of some shrines because i've run out of pins

- Rotating objects and attaching them to others can be overly finicky and takes a bit longer than it should

- There's way too many items. Every time I pick up something new I pretty much forget exactly what it does right after :D 

- Performance leaves something to be desired. Manipulating physics objects in particular can just randomly cause the framerate to plummet.

Rotating objects start to make sense. Approach from straight on. My biggest grip is only being able to fuse one thing at a time 

16 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

The combat is deeper than you realize, you can button mash all you want but that perry skill is :banderoos:

Eh, it does nothing for me after playing the Souls games. But I do like what happens when you fuse a bomb flower to a shield :wow2: 

15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah, those are fair. Mainly the pin one. 

8 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Rotating objects start to make sense. Approach from straight on. My biggest grip is only being able to fuse one thing at a time 

The annoying thing about the weapon fusion is that you can't remove the objects you fused with during gameplay. You have to go into your inventory every time to do that.

2 hours ago, Tears of the Cows said:

How Jerry is playing :kaz:

no, that's how you're playing as you sit besides your nephew:lawl:

1805538284_Screenshot2023-05-13at23-23-41OfficialZeldaDiscussionThread.thumb.png.e7cc5e334defb79e3f057236d148a45c.png

:kaz:he just admitted that he projected what he's actually doing. BUSTED!

Edited by jehurey
17 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The annoying thing about the weapon fusion is that you can't remove the objects you fused with during gameplay. You have to go into your inventory every time to do that.

Agreed you should be able to just unstick like items 

48 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Rotating objects felt weird the first time I used it.. After that it was a breeze. 

Every item has a description of what it does. No need to memorize it yourself. 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

I spent time finding a wild horse, catching it and taming it.  Took it to the stable to register it....

Only to realize all my fully trained horses from BOTW came over.. Lol

Yeah it reads your save data. This game man :wow2:

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Ok the shrines are actually pretty cleverly designed. I was nearly stumped because some start off focused on a particular zonai device and power, so you think that that one mechanic is all you need to focus on to reach the end, but then you realize that you actually might need to combine that with another one of your powers in order to complete the puzzles it presents to you. Definitely some out of the box thinking required that you don't see in too many games nowadays.

The shrine puzzles do require some out of the box thinking to solve.. Loving them so far :juggle:

So I decided to head to the region in the North East and completed my first dungeon there. I was pretty impressed. It felt like a classic Zelda dungeon through and through. I was stumped a couple of times but eventually got through it. The cool thing is that even though the designers likely designed a set path through it, because of the sandbox elements from the Zonai devices and powers you can improvise at numerous points and basically find your own path to the solution. I almost felt like I was cheesing the last part of this dungeon but it still felt satisfying to solve it in the way I did.

• aitch 1
28 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So I decided to head to the region in the North East and completed my first dungeon there. I was pretty impressed. It felt like a classic Zelda dungeon through and through. I was stumped a couple of times but eventually got through it. The cool thing is that even though the designers likely designed a set path through it, because of the sandbox elements from the Zonai devices and powers you can improvise at numerous points and basically find your own path to the solution. I almost felt like I was cheesing the last part of this dungeon but it still felt satisfying to solve it in the way I did.

I have just been doing the shrines, which have surprisingly been pretty great! Way better than BOTW’s. I have some pretty good loot , so I should probably try out that dungeon. 

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I have just been doing the shrines, which have surprisingly been pretty great! Way better than BOTW’s. I have some pretty good loot , so I should probably try out that dungeon. 

I wonder if there's a recommended order to do the dungeons in. I was definitely getting owned by some of the enemies so it might not have been the best one to do first. You'll definitely want to cook a good amount of healing items beforehand.

But the nice thing is you don't have to do the entire dungeon in a single go, you can fast travel into and out of it at any time if you get stuck or feel like you're not adequately prepared.

• aitch 1
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I wonder if there's a recommended order to do the dungeons in. I was definitely getting owned by some of the enemies so it might not have been the best one to do first. You'll definitely want to cook a good amount of healing items beforehand.

But the nice thing is you don't have to do the entire dungeon in a single go, you can fast travel into and out of it at any time if you get stuck or feel like you're not adequately prepared.

No clue. I’m close to the one in the northwest area, so I’ll knock that out first.  I know the south west one gets too hot (don’t have the gear for it) , and requires too much stamina (unless I did something wrong).