I'm collecting X360 games while they're cheap. Any recommendations?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Except you  Buying up shitty 360 games and playing Killzone over Godlurs Gate 

I remember my roommate when i was young found out how to dl DC games. I had one of those old CD binders, the big fat ones with a zipper...filled with games. Thats how we discovered Guilty Gear.  

Funny story, but I had a thing for this girl in 3rd grade and we would talk about games sometimes and I offered to let her borrow some N64 games. I basically gave her a box of my favorites, and she ne

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Ike said:

Pretty sure I have my entire RE collection on GameCube still saved at my parents house. 0, REmake, 2, 3, CVX, and 4. Think I may even have the RE4 demo disc S well lol. 

2 and 3 are really expensive. 

Code Veronica had a Gamecube version? I don't remember that but I'd bet it's also expensive. 

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

Every time I think about that one time, about 10 years ago, when ThinkGeek got ahold of a bunch of unsold new Dreamcasts, and selling them for $69.99, and i didn't buy one, I get really fucking annoyed.

Man, during and a few years after the DC died was the best time to get them. I got a modded Dreamcast in 2004 and about 30 games, tons of fighting games which all became rare, the whole package was insanely cheap. It's hard to remember exactly but it was around 150-300$ for the whole thing. No ONE wanted DC stuff at the time. :D 

The bundle had Capcom games like Jojo Bizarre Adventure, SFIII Double Impact, SFIII Third Strike which ended up selling for 120$-180$. All the Sega classics, Skies of Arcadia, Sonic Adventure 2, Jet Grind Radio, Shenmue. The guy had excellent taste.

I never had a better ROI on anything, ever. 

I'm remembering some other games. Pretty sure I had Rival Schools which is super rare. I also still own Dead or Alive 2, RE Code Veronica and Soul Calibur. 

My god, the Dreamcast OWNED so hard.

Edited by Ramza
  • aitch 1

I remember my roommate when i was young found out how to dl DC games. I had one of those old CD binders, the big fat ones with a zipper...filled with games. Thats how we discovered Guilty Gear.

That shit was fun. We played fighting games all day and weird DC games we never even heard of. On that shit controller too, lol. DC was legit.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

If MS doesn’t feel like continuing with Xbox due to low hardware sales they should honestly try to collaborate with SEGA to make a Dreamcast successor. All the typical Xbox/MS franchises would continue to exist on that console and it would also get all of SEGA’s franchises as exclusives (Yakuza, VF, Sonic, etc)

My Dreamcast was modded to be region free. I had a few Japanese version of games I think.

Also I just remembered I had Garou MOTW (US). DC had all the best fighters... and a really shitty dpad. :D 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

If MS doesn’t feel like continuing with Xbox due to low hardware sales they should honestly try to collaborate with SEGA to make a Dreamcast successor. All the typical Xbox/MS franchises would continue to exist on that console and it would also get all of SEGA’s franchises as exclusives (Yakuza, VF, Sonic, etc)

No. 

Make a good Dreamcast mini with like 40 games and good emulation. VMU accessory optional. 

A proper Dreamcast mini dream collection would look like this :

Sonic Aventure 1 & 2

Shenmue 1 & 2

Skies of Arcadia

Grandia II

House of the Dead 2

Power Stone 1 & 2

Capcom vs SNK 2

Soul Calibur 

Project Justice (Rival School 2)

Jet Grind Radio

Seaman :D 

Phantasy Star Online (with online play)

Space Channel 5

Ikaruga

SEGA Bass Fishing

Dead or Alive 2

The Last Blade 2

JoJo Bizarre Adventure

Virtua Fighter 3 (never played it)

Marvel vs Capcom 2

RE Code Veronica

Dynamite Cop 2 (I never played it)

Cannon Spike

SF3 Third Strike

Garou MOTW

Crazy Taxi

Maken X

Metropolis Street Racer

Samba De Amigo (never played it)

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Nah. We need a proper Dreamcast successor with an evolution of the VMU concept.

:D You're crazy. SEGA is super comfortable where they are now, I mean financially. They're not gonna take such risks. 

Wait, wait.

What about, a mini Sega Saturn?

giphy.gif

More games

(Xbox)

Jaws Unleased

(Xbox 360)

Banjoe Kazooie Nuts and Bolts

Rise of the Argonauts

Stuntman Ignition

Gears of War 2

5 OXM demo discs with original case. 

(PS3)

Heavenly Sword

Killzone 3

Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds

On 2023-08-10 at 8:42 PM, JonDnD said:

That shit was fun. We played fighting games all day and weird DC games we never even heard of. On that shit controller too, lol. DC was legit.

That reminds me of when Javier burned a bunch of 360 games for me. I think I had like 50 lol. 

On 2023-08-14 at 2:38 PM, Ramza said:

More games

(Xbox)

Jaws Unleased

(Xbox 360)

Banjoe Kazooie Nuts and Bolts

Rise of the Argonauts

Stuntman Ignition

Gears of War 2

5 OXM demo discs with original case. 

(PS3)

Heavenly Sword

Killzone 3

Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds

loooooove Stuntman Ignition.

I made the mistake of buying the PS2 version and playing it on my PS3, and the game was a piece of shit.

Went and re-found the X360 version, and played it all the way through, getting top scores for every single mission.

LOVE stuntman ignition.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

loooooove Stuntman Ignition.

I made the mistake of buying the PS2 version and playing it on my PS3, and the game was a piece of shit.

Went and re-found the X360 version, and played it all the way through, getting top scores for every single mission.

LOVE stuntman ignition.

I only played the first game on PS2. 100% the game with perfect run for every movie. It was surprisingly awesome. 

I had totally forgot it got a sequel, never played this one so I'm looking forward to it. Cost like me 6$ too.

I'd actually take gears of war 2 and 3. I played the remaster of the first one and then skipped right to part 4.

I enjoyed these games honestly, didn't expect that. They are just fun and the story/characters have super silly moments :D 

I hope they do a remasto for them to get them all on pc. I got gears of sjw 5 left

• Upvote 1
Just now, kaz said:

I'd actually take gears of war 2 and 3. I played the remaster of the first one and then skipped right to part 4 just a few weeks ago

I enjoyed these games honestly, didn't expect that. They are just fun and the story/characters have super silly moments :D 

I hope they do a remasto for them to get them all on pc. I got gears of sjw 5 left

• 2 weeks later...

More games:

Rage (360)

Fable 3 (360)

The Suffering Ties that Bind (Xbox)

Time Crisis 4 (PS3)

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (PS3) *picked it up for PS3 because of Kratos as guest character. 

I started playing my PS3 games and I must say I'm quite surprised at how much more fun I'm having on PS3.

I had more fun with PlayStation All-Stars than 95% of games I played recently on 360.

I find Killzone 2 far better than Gears of War 2. Graphics shits all over the 360.

Hot Shots Golf is more fun than anything I played on 360.

Motorstorm is still fun but it definitely has aged.

Only game I didn't like much so far is Heavenly Sword, the action is okay but the framerates is terrible. Runs like a X360 game.

I've come to the conclusion that I have been duped by the constant lies of the Lemtards during the 360 era. Their games were fucking terrible, low brow affairs, with worse productions values all around than what Sony was offering. Their Japanese whacky exclusives were mad overrated and Fable 2 is the ugliest game out of the 50 games I bought recently. The 360 controller is also complete garbage, bulky, runs on batteries and has the cheapest face buttons of all time. The sounds they make makes me want to kill myself. 

The only thing I'll give to Xbox is that the Forza Motorsport games were truly amazing. Still hold up, unlike the rest of 360 shitty ass looking games.