I'm collecting X360 games while they're cheap. Any recommendations?

I'm mostly looking for exclusives, multiplatform games that are not on STEAM (360 version usually is better than the PS3 version), games that haven't been ported to newer platforms and games with exclusive content on 360. 

So far I bought:

Ace Combat 6

Ace Combat Assault Horizon

Alpha Protocol

Anarchy Reigns (sealed)

Bayonetta (not the best version but I already had it)

Crackdown

DOA Xtreme 2

Fable II

Game of Thrones (It's on PC but I figure it will be delisted at some point due to licensing issues)

Infinite Undiscovery

Kameo Elements of Power

Kingdom Under Fire Circle of Doom

NeverDead

Ninety Nine Nights

Otomedius Excellent

Project Sylpheed

Ridge Racer 6

Soul Calibur IV

TNA Impact

The Darkness

Too Human

I'm currently hunting for those games (I might not get all of them):

50 Cents Blood on the Sand

Armored Core 4

Beautiful Katamari

Blue Dragon

Conan

Crackdown 2

Dead or Alive 4

Def Jam Icon

Driver San Francisco

Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard

FEAR (on PC but pretty expensive on 360, worth collecting)

Full Auto

Import Tuner Challenge

Kengo Legend of the Nine

Konami Classics Vol 1

Lost Odyssey

Magna Carta 2

Mayhem 3D

Ninety Nine Nights 2

Ninja Blade

Onechanbara Bikini Samurai Squad

Operation Darkness

Rumble Roses XX

Samurai Shodown Sen

Sneak King (and the other 2 Burger King games)

Splatterhouse 

Stranglehold

The Simpsons Game

Wet

I know it already cover quite a lot but I can't help but shake the feeling I'm forgetting some important games/hidden gems. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Except you  Buying up shitty 360 games and playing Killzone over Godlurs Gate 

I remember my roommate when i was young found out how to dl DC games. I had one of those old CD binders, the big fat ones with a zipper...filled with games. Thats how we discovered Guilty Gear.  

Funny story, but I had a thing for this girl in 3rd grade and we would talk about games sometimes and I offered to let her borrow some N64 games. I basically gave her a box of my favorites, and she ne

Posted Images

By the way, I paid 240$ for the whole collection and is currently valued at 350$. I think it's a good time to invest in 360 games. PS3 games got pricier faster but I expect 360 versions to follow a similar trajectory, just a bit lower and slower. 

13 minutes ago, Ramza said:

By the way, I paid 240$ for the whole collection and is currently valued at 350$. I think it's a good time to invest in 360 games. PS3 games got pricier faster but I expect 360 versions to follow a similar trajectory, just a bit lower and slower. 

Lol as a hobby this seems annoying, but as a money flip it seems like a lot of effort for such a small return, and it's all speculation on a random commodity. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible

Xbox systems are the worst to collect for :D It probably has the smallest percentage of games that will drastically increase in value.

Hope you have a 360 slim too because that og pile of shit wont be working by the time you want to play these games.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lol as a hobby this seems annoying, but as a money flip it seems like a lot of effort for such a small return, and it's all speculation on a random commodity. 

I enjoy it a lot, seeing a bunch of old games, playing them for the first time or rediscovering them, nothing wrong with that. It doesn't take much effort for someone who is already invested in video games. I wouldn't recommend this to a bunch of casual gamers who don't know better, because good luck on making a profit with Call of Duty or whatever is popular these days. It's the niche games that pays and that's my expertise because that's all I played for the past 30 years.

But you're not wrong, we're speculating on things that have generally low ROI for the time it takes to gain value. Unless it's some holy grail. I had quite a lot of games that turned a few hundred dollars in profit per game. But yeah, those are the exceptions, not the rule. 

2 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Xbox systems are the worst to collect for :D It probably has the smallest percentage of games that will drastically increase in value.

Hope you have a 360 slim too because that og pile of shit wont be working by the time you want to play these games.

Original Xbox and 360 are fine to collect for. OG Xbox has some pricey stuff. 360 games are valued lower than their PS3 counterparts but they follow similar increase in value. The time to collect for PS3 has pretty much passed. 360 will be in a similar situation in a few years. 

It's Xbox One and Series X where I can't see a future for collectors. No exclusives whatsoever is gonna harm that platform appeal quite a lot. The only exclusive I know on Xbone is Rare Replay collection... That's just fucking sad. 

And yeah, 360 faulty hardware is not helping. But like you said there's the slim model and Xbone also has BC for a lot of games. 

I still like the 360 version of Oblivion for having full controller support. The PC version is very KB+M and the menus aren't easy to map with Steam Input. Same deal with Morrowind on OG Xbox.  Looking back on some of these 360-exclusive lists, it's barely an essential console anymore. Gears of War 2 is the only one I'd go back to.  Maybe Project Gotham 3.

Edited by sugarhigh
  • Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

I still like the 360 version of Oblivion for having full controller support. The PC version is very KB+M and the menus aren't easy to map with Steam Input. Same deal with Morrowind on OG Xbox.  Looking back on some of these 360-exclusive lists, it's barely an essential console anymore. Gears of War 2 is the only one I'd go back to.  Maybe Project Gotham 3.

I thought about buying ES III and IV but nah, they're so much better on PC it's not even funny. 

There's no such thing as an essential console that is old. Lmao. PS3 exclusive library that hasn't been ported is just as lackluster as 360's, perhaps even worse. Resistance and Motorstorm aren't in the upper echelon of gaming masterpieces. 

I keep forgotten about the Project Gotham games. PG3 is like 5$. Good call. 

Also, I was pretty sure Gears 2 got ported but both Gears 2 and 3 are still exclusive to 360? I figured Microsoft would have ported the original trilogy already. I guess they don't do it because of BC. Thanks, you've give me more games to look into. 

56 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I thought about buying ES III and IV but nah, they're so much better on PC it's not even funny. 

There's no such thing as an essential console that is old. Lmao. PS3 exclusive library that hasn't been ported is just as lackluster as 360's, perhaps even worse. Resistance and Motorstorm aren't in the upper echelon of gaming masterpieces. 

I keep forgotten about the Project Gotham games. PG3 is like 5$. Good call. 

Also, I was pretty sure Gears 2 got ported but both Gears 2 and 3 are still exclusive to 360? I figured Microsoft would have ported the original trilogy already. I guess they don't do it because of BC. Thanks, you've give me more games to look into. 

I guess "essential" is a made-up idea, but here's some factors for scoring:

- it's still better to play natively than via emulation

- there are goat games you can only play, or best play on the system

- there are a lot of games you can't play anywhere else

PS3 is absolutely still an essential console, and it's not even close. For systems like SNES, PS2, Dreamcast, emulators are really good, but lots of people would still rather play native versions. With PS3, actually playable emulation is still in the early phases. Major trilogies (!!!) like Resistance and Motorstorm are still best played on PS3 and they're not even the best games PS3 has to offer. With 360, emulation is not very interesting because nearly all its best games got superior native PC ports.

I might keep a 360 around to play Read Dead Redemption. There's a case where a classic game never came to PC, and it's the best version.

Edited by sugarhigh
36 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

I guess "essential" is a made-up idea, but here's some factors for scoring:

- it's still better to play natively than via emulation

- there are goat games you can only play, or best play on the system

- there are a lot of games you can't play anywhere else

PS3 is absolutely still an essential console, and it's not even close. For systems like SNES, PS2, Dreamcast, emulators are really good, but lots of people would still rather play native versions. With PS3, actually playable emulation is still in the early phases. Major trilogies (!!!) like Resistance and Motorstorm are still best played on PS3 and they're not even the best games PS3 has to offer. With 360, emulation is not very interesting because nearly all its best games got superior native PC ports.

I might keep a 360 around to play Read Dead Redemption. There's a case where a classic game never came to PC, and it's the best version.

I don't disagree with the notions you bring there but PS3 doesn't have those games. Resistance, Motorstorm, Folklore, Siren and 3D Dot Game Heroes aren't GOAT games. The fact is that most really great games of that generation has been ported elsewhere already. What remains aren't the best games and somehow 360 has more exclusives now. 

I'm waiting on the Red Dead remaster rumors floating around. Seems very plausible to me that it will happen. 

36 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Ninja Gaiden II. 360 version is the best version, Sigma 2 is basically a different game because it changed so much.

Yes, I thought about this as well. The gore in the 360 version was awesome. 

4 hours ago, Ramza said:

I don't disagree with the notions you bring there but PS3 doesn't have those games. Resistance, Motorstorm, Folklore, Siren and 3D Dot Game Heroes aren't GOAT games. The fact is that most really great games of that generation has been ported elsewhere already. What remains aren't the best games and somehow 360 has more exclusives now. 

I'm waiting on the Red Dead remaster rumors floating around. Seems very plausible to me that it will happen. 

Yes, I thought about this as well. The gore in the 360 version was awesome. 

Those aren't the goats, but those and a lot of games better than 50 Cent Blood in the Sand are still locked away on the Cell processor. The goats still exclusive are MGS4, Dark Souls (tho the PS5 version is great), Infamous 1&2, and Killzone 2&3.

41 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Those aren't the goats, but those and a lot of games better than 50 Cent Blood in the Sand are still locked away on the Cell processor. The goats still exclusive are MGS4, Dark Souls (tho the PS5 version is great), Infamous 1&2, and Killzone 2&3.

None of those games are better than Blood on the Sand.

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

MGS4 is getting ported, confirmed. Dark Souls was never exclusive, you mean Demon's Souls and yep, it's not exclusive anymore. Just sold my Collector Edition not long ago for about 200$. I have another English/Asia version. Lol. 

Infamous is whatever. 

But I do have a soft spot for Killzone on PS3. I thought KZ2 was pretty cool aside the input latency. 

I found a couple more games.

John Woo Stranglehold

Dante's Inferno

Omerta City of Gangsters

The Saboteur

Xcom The Bureau

SSX (just bought it for 9$)

Dreamcast Collection (Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, Sega Bass Fishing, Space Channel 5)

None are on PC, well, except the collection but it's already worth quite a bit and I want it.