MS beats FTC, CMA re-opening the deal🤣 (UPDATE: Rumored agreement has been made, deal close is imminent) *UNRECOVERABLE COW SLAUGHTER ITT*

27 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

You don’t think they’ll try to drag it until the 18th?

Well that's what they are trying to do already lol... but no, I don't think they'll get the chance.  The existing TRO expires on Friday, which will allow MS to close after that.  The Judge has already covered her bases, and MS has already brought forward their opposition to the appeal, so I think that their motion to delay so the appeal process can go forward gets denied and MS is able to close Saturday morning.  Their case was always a losing case.  They wanted to stall, and judges see right through that shit.

What this whole thing was.. was an coordinated effort between the FTC and the CMA to attempt to delay the merger past the deadline causing Activision to walk away when it came time to renegotiate the deal.  Make no mistake, the FTC knew it would lose this case.

MS and the CMA both made an agreement to pause the appeal proceedings in the UK the minute after the FTC lost its case... and you can bet your ass that MS wouldn't have agreed to do that if they didn't have guarantees from the CMA that they could close this deal.  Once the FTC appeal is denied, the CMA and MS will work out a way to satisfy both sides and complete the deal.  Likely the CMA will allow them to close, and then they'll handle the details in the following months, allowing the CMA to "reasses the merger" and approve.  The CMA can look like it won for UK consumers, and MS gets Acti/Blizz.

Edited by Remij
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

His attorney probably advised him not to post until after his Jan 6th trial.

It's amazing how little fucks I give.   

i wish it would happen today

Posted Images

Step 1 is done.  Judge Corley predictably denied the FTC's request to stay the preliminary injunction that she ordered last week.. which means MS is clear to close Saturday morning so long as the appeal is denied tomorrow.

F09MfIGWYAEQR_A?format=png&name=4096x409

Chances of the appeal going through are very slim at this point.  The Ninth Circuit judges will simply read over Judge Corley's decision, and will come to the obvious conclusion that the FTC has not met the criteria for the case to go forward.

All this shit should be done by the end of Friday.

Edited by Remij
2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

It's not over until tomorrow.  That article is referring to Judge Corley's 5 day TRO which took effect after she made her ruling in merger case.  All this means is that MS can actually close at 12:01 Saturday morning.

The decision on the appeal will happen tomorrow when the 9th circuit judges decide whether to grant, deny, or ignore it.. which would then leave MS to close the deal.

It's going to happen.. and the CMA and MS likely already have a deal in place that if the FTC loses their appeal, then they'll let the deal through with approved remedies that they've very likely already discussed.

On 2023-07-14 at 6:25 PM, DynamiteCop said:

There's only 35 minutes left in federal court. That means if a decision doesn't come out within that time or just after then Microsoft can close effective 12:00 a.m.

they actually stayed up this weekend over this:hest:

On 2023-07-16 at 10:52 AM, Substatic said:

The Jehoory rape continues.

oh no, I've lost the ability to play CoD.............said no one.:tom:

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

oh no, I've lost the ability to play CoD.............said no one.:tom:

Well, not exactly. You've gained the ability, which wasn't guaranteed previously, to play 10 years of CoD. :smug:

18 hours ago, lynux3 said:

Well, not exactly. You've gained the ability, which wasn't guaranteed previously, to play 10 years of CoD. :smug:

Just enough time for the key members of infinity Ward to leave the studio and get hired and get seed money by a more-competent platform-holder.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Just enough time for the key members of infinity Ward to leave the studio and get hired and get seed money by a more-competent platform-holder.

After being completely wrong about everything regarding this merger, he's hoping that everyone leaves because that's all he can do at this point :tom: 

Yea, I'm sure everyone is going to mass exodus from the glorious place to work that was Activision during years of abuse now that Microsoft has bought them :drake:

You couldn't even name ONE key member of Infinity Ward as an example of someone who'd leave :hest: 

Just now, Remij said:

After being completely wrong about everything regarding this merger, he's hoping that everyone leaves because that's all he can do at this point :tom: 

Yea, I'm sure everyone is going to mass exodus from the glorious place to work that was Activision during years of abuse now that Microsoft has bought them :drake:

You couldn't even name ONE key member of Infinity Ward as an example of someone who'd leave :hest: 

LOL he's still trying to find something, and he's scrounging.

Look at where I've gotten him...........he now SAYING that the COD developers aren't even good.

:hest::hest::hest:SO they paid $70 for shitty devs. Man, I sure feel owned after hearing that.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL he's still trying to find something, and he's scrounging.

Look at where I've gotten him...........he now SAYING that the COD developers aren't even good.

:hest::hest::hest:SO they paid $70 for shitty devs. Man, I sure feel owned after hearing that.

LOL that's not saying anything about COD developers not being good... that's saying that YOU don't know any of them and thus couldn't identify any single key person there :drake: 

It's consistent with someone who doesn't play COD, and hasn't beaten any of them.. such as yourself.

And sweetie... (lol you said $70 :tom: ) they spent $70B on Activision, Blizzard, and King.... which is why Phil removed all other titles from the Playstation contract and only offered COD when he made Jim Ryan bend the knee  :umad: 

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

It's not unusual for talent to churn after Microsoft takes over. :cmpunk1:

21 hours ago, Remij said:

LOL that's not saying anything about COD developers not being good... that's saying that YOU don't know any of them

....therefore they don't exist?

LOL look at what he's even attempting to argue.

All because he's mad:kaz: