I always wondered when i was young if i would play video games forever

And i think i came to the realization that i wont, or at least not too often.

I get bored with games too quick anymore. I tried playing Miles Morales again and got to the part in the apartment when you had to look around at shit and fix the power. I was just like yeah, this is a waste of time and stopped playing. Tried Horizon FW again and just stopped caring at some random puzzle. Such a bland game.

Even Forza coming out soon man i love cars and shit and i dont even really care 🤷‍♂️ I dont even know why i bought a PS5. I really liked TLOU2 and RNC but outside of that , nothing. Im playing COD cause it was free for the month. And thats actually pretty fun since i skipped the last few of them.

Really the only games that have hooked me in recent times were Elden Ring and Witcher NG. I feel like RPGs are the only genre im mildly excited for. Hoping Starfield slaps.

I think it might be because everything is the same. Not trolling i feel like Sonys games are just the same old bullshit. Its tired. Same with most of the big AAA pubs. Not many chances taken anymore and most of the indie stuff is the same too. And junk.

I'll play games for a long time yet.. maybe not for forever, but I guess that depends on what happens with gaming in the future.  It helps that my wife loves gaming too though.

I do find myself more interested in the technology of games as I go on though.

15 minutes ago, JonbX said:

I think it might be because everything is the same. Not trolling i feel like Sonys games are just the same old bullshit. Its tired. Same with most of the big AAA pubs. Not many chances taken anymore and most of the indie stuff is the same too. And junk.

Whenever I feel like nothing new is really catching my eye, I go back and play some classics.  Both ones I've played before... but also ones that I always wanted to try but never did for whatever reason.  I find the simplicity and charm of older games gets my head right about what's fun and important in games.

Also Jon, I know you're probably not one to try some of the more "out there" shit... but that's one of the things I absolutely love about PC gaming... there's a literal shit ton of gems out there which offer fun and unique gameplay and experiences.. they just don't always have the highest production values.. but that shit really doesn't matter, they can be fun as fuck.  Maybe try some off the wall shit sometimes and see if it catches your interest.

I check on steam here and there. Nothing really of interest. There are a lot of last gen games i skipped that ill probably pick up at some point when they are dirt cheap.

GamePass has had me enjoying some games i normally wouldnt have tried. I like that about it.

I bought the PS5 because id figure there would be some more variety but once you burn through the few Sony 1p  that thing is literally an xbox with a couple FF games.

Taste changes, hobbies change and how one wants to spend free time as it becomes more limited changes too. I game a fraction of what I use to but it will prob be something I always do on and off but it's no where near close to one of my favourite hobbies now.

Also as we grow older the wonder and awe of games has greatly lessened. The current gaming climate would've blown my mind as a child. Imagine being a kid and having GP, PS Extra, these insane production levels, epic scales, etc. I was playing like 2/3 games a year and digging out every second of content out of them. 

Just play what hits and don't play what you're not enjoying, so much other stuff to do that it's no biggie. It's exciting though when a game really hits or surprises you again, usually only happens once or twice a year but worth it for when it does. 

I feel you and was honestly in the same situation until I started trying more indie games. You can find a lot of unique shit if you're willing to give stuff a chance. Its not always going to be executed well but if what you're after is a fresh experience or something different then you can find that in spades if you look around.

• Like 1

I have no time anymore so I don't touch games really. Weekdays are full from beginning to end, and during the days on weekends I want to be out doing stuff.

That's why I've gotten so into VRChat on the weekend nights. You can drink, and more directly socialize in a totally safe environment while also having the ability to game simultaneously.

It hits all the checkboxes of what I want to be doing and have time for anymore.

49 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

I don't touch games really.

Another Lemming confession. They dom't play games because they have none, instead they just cheerlead for a multi-trillion dollar corporation who abuses them at every opportunity.

• dead 1
9 hours ago, JonbX said:

9 hours ago, JonbX said:

Really the only game im super hyped for is State of Decay 3. And who knows if that game even exists anymore :(

Sonys games are the same old bullshit

*super hyped for the sequel to 2 mega flops*

Not trolling guys :trump2:

• Haha 1