Baldur's Gate 3: Launch Trailer

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

It's the Divinity Original Sin 2 of the generation. 

I think most people aren't aware how successful that game was and that it got critical reception equal or better than Witcher 3's. 

Tbf this is already much more successful commercially.

And honestly it's a better game, as amazing as DOS2 is.

Probably my GOTY so far, neck and neck with TOTK.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imagine if they had to wait 2 to 3 years for a port instead of a month

It’s bizarre, the game is lacking in RPG elements but SE still decided to pad it out to the length of a big RPG. I’m 40 hours in and wish it would just end already. 

Bethesda    Obsidian     Bioware      Square Enix      LARIAN STUDIOS

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Casual said:

Tbf this is already much more successful commercially.

And honestly it's a better game, as amazing as DOS2 is.

Probably my GOTY so far, neck and neck with TOTK.

Oh sure, the popularity will explode but I can't say I'm surprised by any of this. DOS2 fans bought the BG3 early access in droves pushing it to best seller since last-year. Larian Studios reputation was already cemented, just not quite W3 mainstream level yet. 

Meanwhile FF XVI sales have dropped considerably and failed to meet expectations. After the initial hype and shill reviews ran their course the real consensus shined through and the consensus is XVI is overrated and disappointing.

Hey SE, maybe next time you might want to put an RPG inside your flagship RPG. Idiots...

BG3 is going to wipe it's ass using FF XVI.

Edited by Sabo
  • Haha 1

Sheep starting to get shook. Ya' love to see it.

What's up?

Can't be afraid your overrated glorified expansion is about to get overshadowed by a genuine and legitimate GotY contender, right?:cmpunk1:

• aitch 2
1 hour ago, Sabo said:

Meanwhile FF XVI sales have dropped considerably and failed to meet expectations. After the initial hype and shill reviews ran their course the real consensus shined through and the consensus is XVI is overrated and disappointing.

Hey SE, maybe next time you might want to put an RPG inside your flagship RPG. Idiots...

BG3 is going to wipe it's ass using FF XVI.

It’s bizarre, the game is lacking in RPG elements but SE still decided to pad it out to the length of a big RPG. I’m 40 hours in and wish it would just end already. 

• Haha 2
  • dead 1
46 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Sheep starting to get shook. Ya' love to see it.

What's up?

Can't be afraid your overrated glorified expansion is about to get overshadowed by a genuine and legitimate GotY contender, right?:cmpunk1:

TSHBR :D 

1 hour ago, Remij said:

13 now and it's 97 :mjgrin:

image.png.f232fb15688207e0bd539c762cdf0dca.png

PC games for some reason tend to get waaaay less coverage than console games. 

The PS5 version will have a ton of reviews day one and I'm not even talking about fanboy sites. 

This has been out a week and only a handful of reviews? 

Why do PC games get less coverage?.. No bait.. Serious question.. What's your insight? 

Edited by Goukosan
52 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

PC games for some reason tend to get waaaay less coverage than console games. 

The PS5 version will have a ton of reviews day one and I'm not even talking about fanboy sites. 

This has been out a week and only a handful of reviews? 

Why do PC games get less coverage?.. No bait.. Serious question.. What's your insight? 

Uh... this game in particular doesn't have a ton of reviews because they're literally still playing through the game.  If you look, there's already 40 critic reviews... they're just "in progress"

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/baldurs-gate-3/critic-reviews

And if the PS5 version has a ton of reviews day 1... it will be because they got a copy earlier and had time to play it... or sites will copy/paste from the PC reviews.

Apparently you have no idea just how beastly this game is. 

In general PC games get less coverage, because Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo provide most of those sites copies... and a lot of them are console based publications.  There's no PC platform holder... so they simply send less copies to less outlets.  And if you notice... it really depends on the type of game it is.  Sometimes most of the reviews are the console version, and sometimes they're the PC version.  And finally... I'd say that typically 3rd parties will send the most copies out of the game where things are either the furthest along, or most polished.  Sometimes PC may have an issue they don't want everyone talking about... or sometimes consoles have performance issues and they want reviewers to play that version instead. 

Edited by Remij
6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

That's how I felt 10 hours in. Imagine my disappointment when I thought the Ifrit vs. Ifrit fight was halfway through the game and I forced myself to put in a few more hours, killed Typhon, had the time skip, and found out I was only about a third of the way through the game.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

That's how I felt 10 hours in. Imagine my disappointment when I thought the Ifrit vs. Ifrit fight was halfway through the game and I forced myself to put in a few more hours, killed Typhon, had the time skip, and found out I was only about a third of the way through the game.

:D there's so much game after that. Admittedly i've been making the game longer for myself because im doing all the side quests. I figure there must be some good ones out there but most have been pretty forgettable so far.