If you know anything about cars I need HELP ASAP

I am fucked… I’m used to driving small cars, not trucks but this morning my tire was flat so I borrowed a friend’s truck annnnnd

How long would it take a body shop to fix this without having to get a new paint job for the whole car?

Im fucking dead. Can’t believe before this happened I was bitching about having to spend money for a new tire

IMG_0331.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • dead 1
22 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

How the fuck did you manage to do that?

Anyways, take it to a body shop.

Could be an entire panel replacement, depending on the damage.

At least a grand.

TIL you can’t make a turn with a large truck the way you would with a small sedan or hatchback… especially if there’s a yellow concrete pole on your left

The real question is have you fucked the column between the two doors, if there’s structural damage to that you’re talking big money, maybe even not economically viable to do. If it’s bodywork and the column isn’t dented  it’ll cost a lot but it would be worth repairing the car. 

You’re an unlucky motherfucker. Either way you better open the wallet and spread them cheeks. They going in dry if you’ve damaged the car chassis. 

Edited by Cell
37 minutes ago, Cell said:

On closer look you’ve dented the column. That might explain that 9k quote you got. 

:ben:

Yeah. If it was just the door and the side of the bed it wouldn't be so bad. 

2 hours ago, Cooke said:

That's definitely an insurance claim. Or 10 grand out of your pocket minimum. Might not even be worth it to fix. Body work is fucking expensive. 

If he would answer his phone I could know if his insurance could cover it, I know mine wouldn’t if it was my own car

nvm as I’m typing this he finally text me back with “it’s ok”. Reaaally? 🤔 after hours of no answer, I bet he’ll have a shotgun ready when I give it back to him later tonight 

• Haha 1

sorry man, that sucks. that's one of the reasons why I despise cars and am glad I can go everywhere by bike in me tiny ass fgt town

9k doesnt seem bad for that. Id do a little more damage and total it out. Truck probably isnt worth the repairs.

A new door will be cheaper than trying to correct it. Also paint is expensive.

2 hours ago, JonDnD said:

9k doesnt seem bad for that. Id do a little more damage and total it out. Truck probably isnt worth the repairs.

A new door will be cheaper than trying to correct it. Also paint is expensive.

I paid $7K to replace my car’s engine :ben: $9k for body work is a llllooot