Gamers Nexus absolutely obliterates Linus Tech Tips for accuracy, ethics, & responsibility

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

hermits starting beefs with one another to distract from the fact that they have no games :hest:

Only the highest rated game of the year this month.. and the most anticipated game of the year next month :drake:

I'll forgive you for not realizing Sony also released a game on PC recently.. because that came and went like a fart in the wind :hest:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vaush diddles kids 

bro, it's the biggest event in history. pc dude 1 vs pc dude 2... or something

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

They mention it’s a one of a kind prototype in the original video, so this example doesn’t really work.

I think there’s a point to be made along this line of reasoning that does have some merit, though. That LMG might not have understood the manufacturer wanted it back as that information wasn’t in the public domain prior to the initial GN video.

GN cited conversations between Billet Labs and LMG provided by Billet Labs in that original video. Those conversations clearly showcased their desire to have it back and LMG has acknowledged those conversations as accurate and that LMG is at fault, but prior to that acknowledgment there was no public statement from LMG about it and it would have been prudent to at least confirm Billet Labs wasn’t just making shit up by contacting LMG.

What was the date of that communication of them demanding their prototype device? August 10th?

When does Steve post this video? August 14th?

Was the email directed at Linus, or somebody else in his organization? Was there internal discussion going on at LMG, maybe some lower tier guy is having to verify what happened, or get permission on how they should respond.

That's what would happened with actual in-depth reporting.

Copies of emails from one side doesn't really show the whole picture.

46 minutes ago, jehurey said:

What was the date of that communication of them demanding their prototype device? August 10th?

When does Steve post this video? August 14th?

Was the email directed at Linus, or somebody else in his organization? Was there internal discussion going on at LMG, maybe some lower tier guy is having to verify what happened, or get permission on how they should respond.

That's what would happened with actual in-depth reporting.

Copies of emails from one side doesn't really show the whole picture.

Linus released a video showing internal emails that were supposed to be sent to Billet Labs but accidentally weren’t. They didn’t CC them so Billet Labs never got them.

GN does look pretty bad not reaching out to LMG now.

On 2023-08-15 at 6:25 PM, Hot Sauce said:

lmao holy fuck is LMG scummy. :D

Summary:

- Billet Labs sends a one-of-a-kind prototype to LMG for a video and wanted it back, LMG said they would send it back, a miscommunication occurred and it got auctioned

- GN makes that video in the OP and includes a section about the Billet Labs situation

- Linus makes a post on the LTT forum calling GamersNexus out for breaking the rules of journalism by not reaching out to Linus before posting the video to get his side of the story

- Linus claims his side of the story in the Billet Labs situation is that they had an agreed upon price to pay Billet Labs back for the prototype, so if GamersNexus has contacted him before posting the video they'd know this

- GN asks Billet Labs when that deal took place, Billet Labs says LMG ghosted them after the auction and only reached out to them after the GN video was posted

Says a lot about GN to me. 

^^

I typed this on my phone the other day but never hit post. LTT did a cunty thing with the auction. Makes me wonder if they just took it for granted that they get so much shit given to them they just auction it off afterward? I dunno, doesn’t seem like they would need the money, shitty behaviour from them but I doubt they have outwardly tried to fuck over a start up to make a few grand when they would obviously get found, seems more like a mistake which was just shitty on there part but not malicious, similar to there typos on there results tables. 

Meanwhile Steve (?) is playing this like he’s machine gun Kelly to Linus’ Eminem. He can try his little heart out all he wants but he’s not going to win against the much better outfit. 

:ben:

I might be wrong but if he wanted to know what the deal was with good intentions he could have just asked Linus but instead he’s posting response videos and riding the wave of attention he’s getting right now. 

8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

hermits starting beefs with one another to distract from the fact that they have no games :hest:

the absolute irony :hest:  just because you are too incompetent of buying good hardware you have to shit on pc with stupid lies all the time

• dead 1
3 minutes ago, kaz said:

the absolute irony :hest:  just because you are too incompetent of buying good hardware you have to shit on pc with stupid lies all the time

Twinky got 187'd, god damn! :tom: 

Edited by Remij
3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You hermshits spend thousands on computer components to play shit like Dave the Diver while ignoring actual technical achievements like Ratchet and Clank :lul: 

didn't remij recently post pics of that exact game running on his pc? :tom:  the fuck are you even talking about  :tom: 

Edited by kaz
  • dead 1
57 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You hermshits spend thousands on computer components to play shit like Dave the Diver while ignoring actual technical achievements like Ratchet and Clank :lul: 

I’ve always loved PC gaming but damn bruh…..

:deadsuge:

• Confused 1
6 hours ago, JonDnD said:

He would have called it out as he saw it. He was butthurt and went searching feeling proud about his Gotcha. Thats clear as day, DUMBO. Exactly what you do.

When someone displays a pattern of behavior you don't have to go searching dumbo, they will show you for themselves. 

I know that's mind blowing for you Sloooooowwww Jonny :kaz:

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

When someone displays a pattern of behavior you don't have to go searching dumbo, they will show you for themselves. 

I know that's mind blowing for you Sloooooowwww Jonny :kaz:

Youve had the same pattern for a decade. Exactly the same, Autistosan:rofls:

5 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Youve had the same pattern for a decade. Exactly the same, Autistosan:rofls:

You've been a Sloooooowwww ass motherfucker for over 15 years :kaz:

"GN must have went hunting and searching for that information that LTT posted... Yea that's it" - Sloooooowwww Jonny 

Edited by Goukosan
2 hours ago, Cell said:

Says a lot about GN to me. 

^^

I typed this on my phone the other day but never hit post. LTT did a cunty thing with the auction. Makes me wonder if they just took it for granted that they get so much shit given to them they just auction it off afterward? I dunno, doesn’t seem like they would need the money, shitty behaviour from them but I doubt they have outwardly tried to fuck over a start up to make a few grand when they would obviously get found, seems more like a mistake which was just shitty on there part but not malicious, similar to there typos on there results tables. 

Meanwhile Steve (?) is playing this like he’s machine gun Kelly to Linus’ Eminem. He can try his little heart out all he wants but he’s not going to win against the much better outfit. 

:ben:

I might be wrong but if he wanted to know what the deal was with good intentions he could have just asked Linus but instead he’s posting response videos and riding the wave of attention he’s getting right now. 

Yeah, the thing that had gradually, since late 2022, been annoying me with Steve is that the whole "Gamer Jesus" shit is going to his head.

And clearly, his first attempt at "scandal" reporting, regarding PC cases that catch on fire, Power Supplies that pop, while he calls them "exploding", he's clearly latching on to wanted to report on 'scandals"

I don't know if he's noticing traffic slow down, or what. But, he's becoming more and more up his own ass.

Its not the first time I've seen a "true PC" reporting organization suddenly start acting like they're the gatekeeping for all things PC-gaming related and end up becoming arrogant douches (see: [H]ardOCP)