Playstation Portal - $200.00 :D

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish I had a PS5 so I could sell it. 

Very smart. Take 200 dollars from idiot cows that already own a device that does the exact same thing this does

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

It was still a cartridge system tho. The cards alone don't explain it. PSP had shitty cards too.

I think a Sony handheld that plays ps4 games, indie titles and scaled down new Sony first party games could do well. No BS memory storage, though. SD cards. 

19 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

It was still a cartridge system tho. The cards alone don't explain it. PSP had shitty cards too.

the PSP had monster hunter to save it.

And, truth be told, Sony pulled the plug on developing interesting games on the Vita earlier than they did with the PSP.

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I think a Sony handheld that plays ps4 games, indie titles and scaled down new Sony first party games could do well. No BS memory storage, though. SD cards. 

It would be wild for them to repeat this mistake twice. Also PS4 games in a handheld is probably not feasible yet.

Just now, jehurey said:

the PSP had monster hunter to save it.

And, truth be told, Sony pulled the plug on developing interesting games on the Vita earlier than they did with the PSP.

PSP got multiple original GTA and Metal Gear games. It had a crazy library. Vita was a great device but the market rejected it out the gate and Sony agreed.

7 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

PSP got multiple original GTA and Metal Gear games. It had a crazy library. Vita was a great device but the market rejected it out the gate and Sony agreed.

Yeah, because of the dumb proprietary memory. 

6 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

PSP had dumb proprietary memory.

The psp memory cards didn’t cost $99 lol. Sony done gone goofed with it. Great concept. But poor execution. The market has changed a lot now, though. Imagine a handheld that plays all of your current, purchased PSN games (no cloud crap) and could play newer, less demanding titles, or ps5 ones that are scaled down. Just wishful thinking (I know it won’t come true). 

31 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

The psp memory cards didn’t cost $99 lol. Sony done gone goofed with it. Great concept. But poor execution. The market has changed a lot now, though. Imagine a handheld that plays all of your current, purchased PSN games (no cloud crap) and could play newer, less demanding titles, or ps5 ones that are scaled down. Just wishful thinking (I know it won’t come true). 

https://www.ign.com/articles/2005/02/20/my-second-gig

https://www.cnet.com/reviews/sony-psp-1000-review/

https://www.engadget.com/2004-12-20-sony-playstation-portable-psp-hands-on-review.html?guccounter=1

Screenshot_20230824-003702.png

Screenshot_20230824-004021.png

Screenshot_20230824-004341.png

Edited by sugarhigh
2 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

PSP had dumb proprietary memory.

Memory Stick and Memory Stick Duo were actually doing relatively okay, compared to SD cards at the time.

It wasn't the market leader, like SD card was clearly on its way to being.........but, it was not out of the realm of possibility that you had another device that might use a Sony Memory Stick. A camera/camcorder, for example.

The Vita's propietary memory card................was absolutely proprietary and only used on one device. And SD/microSD had clearly become the defacto standard by then.

35 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Memory Stick and Memory Stick Duo were actually doing relatively okay, compared to SD cards at the time.

It wasn't the market leader, like SD card was clearly on its way to being.........but, it was not out of the realm of possibility that you had another device that might use a Sony Memory Stick. A camera/camcorder, for example.

The Vita's propietary memory card................was absolutely proprietary and only used on one device. And SD/microSD had clearly become the defacto standard by then.

I'm not denying that vitas card was stupider and worse. But PSP's was plenty stupid, WAS NOT compatible with the more popular Sony memory stick, and was over priced as fuck. All this to say that Vita didn't fail because of its stupid memory card. 3DS was failing despite supporting SD cards. Nintendo turned it around by sacrificing the WiiU and prioritizing handheld software. Sony wasn't willing to make a similar move and shouldn't try again.

Edited by sugarhigh
10 hours ago, jehurey said:

No, the main advantage of that valve-branded chinese handheld is that almost all of their main buyers simply thought about their existing steam library comprised of indie games they haven't got around to touching.

If you had no games in your steam library, you would never buy the thing, or start with it.

This works in the same way.........people will have a collection of Sony PS4/PS5 games, obviously many indies as well.

Except in this case, you'll actually have AAA high production games....and they will run as intended instead of needing to cut them down into looking like last-gen versions. And, every single one of you guys have always said that it was never a true out-the-house portable, as an excuse for that poor battery life.

That you bought it "to comfortable play games anywhere in the house and in bed.":diplo:

So, guess what? This Playstation thingy accomplishes the same exact thing. At $200, even.

Lmfao what are you talking about.

This cheap POS handheld does nothing that you can already do in your phone

TCHBFR 

23 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

Unfuckable lemmings can't understand needing to share a TV with someone who loves them.

Unfuckable? Phil Spencer bends them over and fucks them everytime they turn the Xbox on. 

:mj: