Playstation Portal - $200.00 :D

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish I had a PS5 so I could sell it. 

Very smart. Take 200 dollars from idiot cows that already own a device that does the exact same thing this does

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

:tom: 

F4Qc-lrWEAAl2p2?format=jpg&name=large

Cute Remi but let’s me real, these are apples and oranges. One of them plays games with state of the art console graphics in your house and one of them is for playing PS3.5 games in the park. 

But, fundamentally, I bet you buy it. 

:deniro:

• Ben 1
4 minutes ago, Cell said:

Cute Remi but let’s me real, these are apples and oranges. One of them plays games with state of the art console graphics in your house and one of them is for playing PS3.5 games in the park. 

Well, you're right, they are apples and oranges.  They're both two $200 devices... but one of them plays Nintendo AAA bangers anywhere you go, and the other one streams mediocre PS titles that would be better played on the TV 10 feet away. :hest: 

19 minutes ago, Remij said:

Well, you're right, they are apples and oranges.  They're both two $200 devices... but one of them plays Nintendo AAA bangers anywhere you go, and the other one streams mediocre PS titles that would be better played on the TV 10 feet away. :hest: 

i'm going to have to side with you. even with the shit joycons, i'll take a $200 switch over this bobo sony "handheld" any day.

• Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, Cell said:

No its not Apples and Oranges because Sony is trying to half ass into the hybrid market with an extra $200 pos that does what the Nintendo Switch can already do without buying an addon.

TCHBFR :kaz:

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Mediocre he says. :cruise:

Phil Spencer has wet dreams about getting the number of 90+ MC that PlayStation has. 

54 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

This thing is DOA. You could get one of the snap-on controllers for your phone for like $40 and have basically the same experience (sure you'll miss out on the dualsense features but that might not even be noticeable for many games).

I'd really like to see how good its wifi is, and whether it boots up quickly or offers conveniences compared to having to load up an app.

If they're smart, they should have at least some sort of basic start up screen in which the system already knows what PS5 games you have installed, and you can do an instant-boot directly into the game. The Wii U gamepad had had that, it was quite handy, they used it to help mask the console starting up to load into the main menu.

24 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Only works with Sony's proprietary headphones? And no Bluetooth? 

Wtf? 

but if the PS5 is turned on, wouldn't it connect to bluetooth directly to the PS5? Assuming that the audio matches up with the video.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

but if the PS5 is turned on, wouldn't it connect to bluetooth directly to the PS5? Assuming that the audio matches up with the video.

No, it connects to PS5 using wifi only.  It doesn't have a bluetooth antenna at all.  From there you either use the built in speakers, or connect via Playstation Link with Sony's proprietary low latency headphones.

Edited by Remij
5 minutes ago, Remij said:

No, it connects to PS5 using wifi only.  It doesn't have a bluetooth antenna at all.  From there you either use the built in speakers, or connect via Playstation Link with Sony's proprietary low latency headphones.

but the PS5 has bluetooth to output audio.

So, the PS5 outputs video over wifi (wifi direct), and the audio through Bluetooth which will connect to your bluetooth headset.

I mean, if they don't have this as an option, when it seems like its possible, then I can understand that this is a valid complaint.

Unless I see the scenario in which their video signal may have a longer range than their bluetooth audio signal, and that's why they would want both audio/video to be carried over one unified signal.

Edited by jehurey
18 minutes ago, jehurey said:

but the PS5 has bluetooth to output audio.

So, the PS5 outputs video over wifi (wifi direct), and the audio through Bluetooth which will connect to your bluetooth headset.

I mean, if they don't have this as an option, when it seems like its possible, then I can understand that this is a valid complaint.

Unless I see the scenario in which their video signal may have a longer range than their bluetooth audio signal, and that's why they would want both audio/video to be carried over one unified signal.

Hmm, yea you're right.  Should be able to do that unless they disabled it for some reason as you said.

How is bluetooth on the PS5 using earbuds?  I know my Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro are useless with anything other than my Galaxy phone due to the latency.  It might be the same thing and the latency is simply too much so their low-latency proprietary solution is required?  I dunno.

7 hours ago, Remij said:

Hmm, yea you're right.  Should be able to do that unless they disabled it for some reason as you said.

How is bluetooth on the PS5 using earbuds?  I know my Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro are useless with anything other than my Galaxy phone due to the latency.  It might be the same thing and the latency is simply too much so their low-latency proprietary solution is required?  I dunno.

I have played ps5 games using my air pods with tv Bluetooth (not ps5 system bluetooth). It’s fine. If there’s latency, it’s not game-breaking in any way. I use the feature for horror games. 

11 hours ago, Twinblade said:

This thing is DOA. You could get one of the snap-on controllers for your phone for like $40 and have basically the same experience (sure you'll miss out on the dualsense features but that might not even be noticeable for many games).

Exactly. Plus you can use the Bluetooth speakers you already own. 

• Upvote 1