DF: Sources Claim Switch Successor Runs Matrix UE5 Tech Demo With Comparable Graphics to PS5/XSX

Just now, jehurey said:

...........and he's now completely abandoned the word "upgrade"

thus completely admitting that he was lying about what the word meant

:blessed:i love it when he thinks he can get me to argue new goalposts, when I immediately see that he just admitted to losing an argument

Nope.  I haven't at all.  The strength of the PC platform is the user being able to upgrade whenever.  The ROG Ally is an upgrade to the Deck.  There will be more upgrades as the Switch 2 is released as well.  Deck 2 will release, and will be more powerful than the Switch 2...

I love how you think you're going to side step the issue of having to buy a new Switch to upgrade your old Switch...  You HAVE to upgrade from your Switch to play Switch 2 games... I don't have to buy a Deck 2 to play future PC games. :drake: 

• dead 1
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DF cleared this up in the Switch thread.    NVIDIA has weird naming conventions... DLSS3 is actually frame generation.. And we know Switch 2 definitely won't have that because you need NVIDI

Sounds like I could have seriously underestimated what they'd be able to do, given my assumptions about where Nvidia would land with the hardware, and what Nintendo will potentially allow them to do.

Nice self ownage.  That thread was about Wiiu being closer to Wii than 360.   The Wiiu came out and surprise to no one, it was more powerful than 360.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

developers not optimizing for the consumer.

Solution:

-Make the consumer buy more hardware, that has a shorter lifespan!!:blessed:

Oh boy............wouldn't I love to go around boasting that I do that, and boasting about said hardware that is never optimized for, and doesn't have a long lifespan. Very proud to talk about such hardware. LOL

Switch 2 makes Switch 1 obsolete.  Deck 2 doesn't make the Deck obsolete... Deck will continue to play PC games for years and years. :drake: 

Your theory has been proven wrong time and time again.  Developers don't sell more games by having people need to go out and buy new expensive hardware moron... they're selling games.. not GPUs.. :danylol: 

Edited by Remij
5 minutes ago, Remij said:

Nope.  I haven't at all.  The strength of the PC platform is the user being able to upgrade whenever.

their existing PC

which Cooke specifically pointed out that the Valve branded handheld CANNOT DO WHAT A MODULAR-BUILT DESKTOP COMPUTER can do.

You already know that's what Cooke was saying.............why are you continuing to play stupid and think you can shift arguments, and we don't notice?:drake:It literally hasn't work since your first response to his post.

You've been caught since the very beginning...........you're just not smart enough to wordplay your way out of this.

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

Switch 2 makes Switch 1 obsolete. 

No, it won't

Since the dev tools would have hold of two specific target specs from the moment they begin designing their games.

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

Deck 2 doesn't make the Deck obsolete... Deck will continue to play PC games

...poorly.

And its already doing it before Valve introduces their next chinese-manufactured handheld.

Neither one will have optimization, since the new handheld exists so that already-struggling games can run at higher settings.

........but neither handheld will ever have games optimized for it, so once again a new piece of hardware comes out, and will never reach peak efficiency from its software. Because PC developers simply don't do any such thing for any specific piece of hardware.

You already know this.

I love how you can think you can prevent us from knowing something that is plainly obvious.:drake:

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

Switch 2 makes Switch 1 obsolete.  Deck 2 doesn't make the Deck obsolete... Deck will continue to play PC games for years and years. :drake: 

Your theory has been proven wrong time and time again.  Developers don't sell more games by having people need to go out and buy new expensive hardware moron... they're selling games.. not GPUs.. :danylol: 

Switch 1 will continue to play switch games. It will be supported for years to come. That's a silly argument. Steamdeck will also be able to play games in the future but at worse and worse performance or not at all because the industry has moved on. I mean seriously, it's equivalent to a GTX1050. 

Just now, jehurey said:

their existing PC

which Cooke specifically pointed out that the Valve branded handheld CANNOT DO WHAT A MODULAR-BUILT DESKTOP COMPUTER can do.

You already know that's what Cooke was saying.............why are you continuing to play stupid and think you can shift arguments, and we don't notice?:drake:It literally hasn't work since your first response to his post.

You've been caught since the very beginning...........you're just not smart enough to wordplay your way out of this.

No, he didn't point that out.  Cut the shit moron it's not working with me.  His response to Sugarhigh had NOTHING to do with what Sugarhigh was responding to.  Cooke said PC improves all the time.. and Sugarhigh said that's the strength of the platform.  Cooke never said ANY GOD DAMN THING ABOUT UPGRADING specifically.. and Sugarhigh agreed PC is always improving.  Whether that means upgraded components, or complete  new systems, it doesn't matter.  These handheld PCs are always improving as well...  Laptops are improving as well... people upgrade their Laptops... don't they you dumb little bitch? :drake: 

Anyone with a Deck, can upgrade to a new model... and as a PC gamer, you have choice.. you have the Ally, Ayaneo, GDP Win, and so on...

3 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Switch 1 will continue to play switch games. It will be supported for years to come. That's a silly argument. Steamdeck will also be able to play games in the future but at worse and worse performance or not at all because the industry has moved on. I mean seriously, it's equivalent to a GTX1050. 

Oh... but what about the optimization for the Switch 1.... you don't think its performance will get worse and worse and worse... or not at all after Switch 2 releases after the industry has moved on?? :drake: 

LMFAO the double standard you guys are trying to hard to apply here is hilarious...

I can buy a game on my Deck 1, and upgrade to a Deck 2 knowing that the same game will automatically improve in performance and visuals...  You can't do that with a Switch.  That's the strength of the PC ecosystem.. and you idiots know it.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

No, he didn't point that out. 

yes.

he.

did.

2080312470_Screenshot2023-09-10at15-27-36DFSourcesClaimSwitchSuccessorRunsMatrixUE5TechDemoWithComparableGraphicstoPS5_XSX.thumb.png.dd6cb0d88b627bdbd27d36c745725b91.png

No matter what sugartits was talking about...........Cooke makes it very clear that whatever positive aspect you are talk about to PC game.

DOES.........NOT..............transfer over to the Valve chinese-manufactured handheld.

You specifically DO NOT have that convenience available to you on that platform.

You are trying to to CHANGE YOUR ARGUMENT between a "common PC" and that Valve handheld, however you see fit.

But the context is purely within handheld vs handheld

And...................JUDGED AS A HANDHELD.............that chinese Valve-branded handheld is never going to be getting optimized games. it has to be BEYOND the specs of a game, in order for it to run as intended.

Because the developer will never design the game for the hardware spec. That's left to you to configure it to your satisfaction, or whatever performance will be acceptable to you.

And as we can already tell, most of you don't this handheld in any meaningful capacity with major games that come on the PC.

• NPC 1
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

yes.

he.

did.

2080312470_Screenshot2023-09-10at15-27-36DFSourcesClaimSwitchSuccessorRunsMatrixUE5TechDemoWithComparableGraphicstoPS5_XSX.thumb.png.dd6cb0d88b627bdbd27d36c745725b91.png

No matter what sugartits was talking about...........Cooke makes it very clear that whatever positive aspect you are talk about to PC game.

DOES.........NOT..............transfer over to the Valve chinese-manufactured handheld.

You specifically DO NOT have that convenience available to you on that platform.

You are trying to to CHANGE YOUR ARGUMENT between a "common PC" and that Valve handheld, however you see fit.

But the context is purely within handheld vs handheld

And...................JUDGED AS A HANDHELD.............that chinese Valve-branded handheld is never going to be getting optimized games. it has to be BEYOND the specs of a game, in order for it to run as intended.

Because the developer will never design the game for the hardware spec. That's left to you to configure it to your satisfaction, or whatever performance will be acceptable to you.

And as we can already tell, most of you don't this handheld in any meaningful capacity with major games that come on the PC.

Nope.  That response of his is irrelevant because Sugarhigh didn't say anything about being able to upgrade the Deck components... you fucking moron :lawl: 

And like I pointed out... you CAN upgrade your Deck... to a new device.. and all your games work and carry over and are upgraded..  PCPC#1 bitch :kaz: 

Nice try bitch :mj: 

Edited by Remij

Oh... but what about the optimization for the Switch 1....

Developers ended up putting games that REQUIRE optimization to run on Switch.

Witcher 3, Doom, Wolfenstein, Dying Light.

See this is where you utterly lose this argument.

The Valve handheld are only getting these games because its running a low PC spec, and the games have adjustable specs to leave it up to you to TRY AND GET IT TO RUN to whatever performance metric you find accept

The developer................doesn't lift a finger to do anything for you.

You already know this.

• NPC 1

Nope.  That response of his is irrelevant

No, you are responding to THE QUESTION THAT HE IS POSING

You've lost the argument.

ANd you already know this, because you think you can retroactively make us think we in ANOTHER ARGUMENT of your choosing.

Nope. That's not going to work.

• NPC 1
Just now, jehurey said:

Developers ended up putting games that REQUIRE optimization to run on Switch.

Witcher 3, Doom, Wolfenstein, Dying Light.

See this is where you utterly lose this argument.

The Valve handheld are only getting these games because its running a low PC spec, and the games have adjustable specs to leave it up to you to TRY AND GET IT TO RUN to whatever performance metric you find accept

The developer................doesn't lift a finger to do anything for you.

You already know this.

Oh man... he's now advocating ugly stripped down poorly running versions of games on his handheld of choice... after making a big stink about having to potentially do that on the Deck :kaz: 

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

My Deck.. will continue to play future PC games

....poorly. With no hope for improvement, because the developer will offer absolutely no support for your game.

Switch 1 will continue to play games that we designed and released on Switch 1...........as intended by the developer.

Oh man... he's now advocating ugly stripped down poorly running versions of games

........which is what you are MANUALLY HAVING TO DO right now on your Valve handheld.

And you're trying to boast about that:kaz:

Except the Switch 2 will continue getting optimized ports.

Whereas you will pay to REPLACE your Valve handheld...........for another one that is STILL CONTINUING to get no games optimized or designed for it.:tom:

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No, you are responding to THE QUESTION THAT HE IS POSING

You've lost the argument.

ANd you already know this, because you think you can retroactively make us think we in ANOTHER ARGUMENT of your choosing.

Nope. That's not going to work.

Nope.  Follow along idiot.

Cooke - "PCs improve all the time"

Sugarhigh - "Yea, that is the strength of the platform"

Cooke - "How, you can't upgrade your Deck"

Remij - "Yes, you can.. you can buy a new device which runs all those games in upgraded form"

Cooke never said ANYTHING about being able to upgrade the Deck.. so NATURALLY Sugarhigh wasn't responding to that assertion.  Cooke doesn't get to retcon what he meant by "PC's improve all the time"...

Deck CAN be upgraded with a new device.. and there are tons of new devices coming to the market.  :blessed: 

• dead 1
1 minute ago, sugarhigh said:

He's claiming it as a win that developers make custom switch games lower than the lowest PC settings.

Yep.  Look at how we have this dumb bitch trying to apply double standards and getting caught in his own shit in 4K :lawl: 

• Geese 1
Just now, sugarhigh said:

He's claiming it as a win that developers make custom switch games lower than the lowest PC settings.

Whereas you're messing with ini files so that you can get your games to run at lower than lowest PC settings.............because you have no choice since the game is unplayable without you having to do so.

........and that's hardware that will be outdate and unsupported in 2-3 years, no less.:drake:

Nope.  Follow along idiot.

Cooke - "PCs improve all the time"

Sugarhigh - "Yea, that is the strength of the platform"

Cooke - "How, you can't upgrade your Deck"

Remij - "Yes, you can..

And that's where you got caught lying.

You just proved his point.

That valve handheld is a gimped platform..........because it does not have the flexibility of a PC to upgrade

You then proceeded to lie about what an upgrade is.

Yep.  Look at how we have this dumb bitch trying to apply double standards and getting caught in his own shit in 4K :lawl: 

I love how he's trying to project.

When I am the one who caught him trying to switch arguments and trying to see if he could slip that one past me.:tom: