IGN reviews Mortal Kombat 1 on Switch

• Twinblade★ changed the title to IGN reviews Mortal Kombat 1 on Switch

Before you even get into a match, you’ve got to deal with egregious load times lasting, on average, around 40 seconds.

Ranked online play is especially frustrating because of the fact that every match is a first to three set, and despite the fact I’m playing with the same characters on the same stage, with the same Kameos, it still takes about 40 seconds of staring at a black screen in between each match of the set.

But the real kicker is the actual performance of the gameplay during a fight. There’s a lot of slowdown that affected my timing and led to dropped combos, similar to how it’d feel if I was playing online with bad netcode… only this was playing locally, against a CPU.

:deadest:

• dead 2
5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

:deadest:

you missed one of the best parts 

If Story mode is all you’re interested in, then you may find some value in MK1 on the Switch. The cutscenes are pre-rendered and look great, even though the switch to in-engine fights is incredibly jarring, and the problem with long load times is mitigated due to the fact that you’re just watching the story as it loads. But you’d be less frustrated just watching it on YouTube.  

The story mode is the best part but you’d still be better off just watching it on YouTube than playing through it on switch :lul: 

• dead 2