How big should Switch 2’s screen be?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both at launch is the best consumer move, but my prediction would be just the LCD at launch and the OLED model down the line to get people to double dip/have easier logistics at launch with only 1 SKU

And there we have the flip-flop   All that bragging about the OLED and how they couldn't go back, and now it's reduced to..."well actually Nintendo's LCD screens still look great....just no

Posted Images

The most important part with the LCD and whatever video controller components that they use is that it has complete Gsync implementation

Ideally not just Gsync compatibility, but something equivalent to Gsync ultimate to make the screen refresh fully adaptive.

It would make things alot more simple for Nintendo and third-parties to see people stop complaining that a game can't maintain a perfectly consistent framerate.

40 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

I mean I’d be fine with them offering both at launch. Hopefully we don’t have to wait for the inevitable OLED (mini LED????) screen 

Both at launch is the best consumer move, but my prediction would be just the LCD at launch and the OLED model down the line to get people to double dip/have easier logistics at launch with only 1 SKU.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Remij said:

And after all the shit Sheep were talking too :lawl:

Unless they have two skus at launch, Sheep are back to gaming on a 'shitty LCD' :hest:

Whatever LCD the Switch 2 has will be better than the Deck's. Seeing as Switch 1 LCD is slightly better than the deck as is :umad:

Just now, Goukosan said:

Whatever LCD the Switch 2 has will be better than the Deck's. Seeing as Switch 1 LCD is slightly better than the deck as is :umad:

Nah.  They've adjusted the default SRBG values and added the ability to adjust the display to warmer tones.

https://www.pcgamer.com/steamos-35-brings-more-warmth-vibrancy-to-the-decks-colors/

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

Nah.  They've adjusted the default SRBG values and added the ability to adjust the display to warmer tones.

https://www.pcgamer.com/steamos-35-brings-more-warmth-vibrancy-to-the-decks-colors/

:hest:Oh so the LIGHT BLEED looks warmer on that Chinese manufactured handheld.

How impressive LOL

Switch OG's LCD from 2017 is better than that.

3 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

They'll flip flop and not have a problem with LCD then.

Except there is not flip flop

The OG Switch's LCD is still better than that Chinese valve-branded handheld.

People were saying that back when it released. Nevermind what people said when comparing it to Switch OLED :kaz:That'd a whole other level of laughing at that Chinese valve-branded handheld.

17 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

They'll flip flop and not have a problem with LCD then.

All LCDs aren't the same quality wise. 

Obviously OLED are better. 

Switch 1 LCD was good for it's time, I expect the Switch 2 LCD to be better than what they sourced for Switch 1.

Edited by Goukosan
18 minutes ago, Remij said:

What percentage of the SRBG color gamut does it display now?

Last I checked Switch LCD displays 100% of the sRBG color gamut compared to 68% for the Deck. 

33 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Last I checked Switch LCD displays 100% of the sRBG color gamut compared to 68% for the Deck. 

They dont know, because it just barely came out last week as a preview build :kaz:

Switch 1 came out in March 2017.

This is the best he could come up with. As of late September 2023 :tom:

And there we have the flip-flop :trump:

All that bragging about the OLED and how they couldn't go back, and now it's reduced to..."well actually Nintendo's LCD screens still look great....just not that one"

An LCD is still an LCD. Sheep will once again shit all over LCD the moment Switch 2 OLED is available and they're milked for the hardware refresh.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, TLHBO said:

All that bragging about the OLED and how they couldn't go back, and now it's reduced to..."well actually Nintendo's LCD screens still look great....just not that one"

An LCD is still an LCD. Sheep will once again shit all over LCD the moment Switch 2 OLED is available and they're milked for the hardware refresh.

No, that's not what anybody said.

Poor guy is so butthurt about the Switch, even it's OG model, still has a better screen than that Chinese manufactured Valve-branded handheld :drake:

10 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Nah you're confused. 

From Jump it was revealed that the Deck LCD was slightly worse then OG Switch LCD. That was more than a year ago.  You can go look back and look at the threads. 

It is disappointing that they're launching Switch 2 with an LCD, but it should be a better screen than OG Switch from almost 7 years ago. 

What you seem to forget that when Switch launched it was you guys who bashed it's screen

"Vita launched with an OLED years ago and Nintendo is launching with LCD?" 

"Pffft only 720p, lmfao.. That's too low res why not a 1080 screen" 

Fast forward almost 7 years later and everyone realizes that 1) a 1080p screen on a handheld is not worth the performance and battery life trade off.   2) 720p - 800p is the sweet sport for these portable screens. 

Edited by Goukosan
1 hour ago, jehurey said:

:hest:Oh so the LIGHT BLEED looks warmer on that Chinese manufactured handheld.

How impressive LOL

Switch OG's LCD from 2017 is better than that.

No, it's not.  I have a Switch, and I can compare them.  They're the same thing.  Except Steam Decks graphics are just way nicer.

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

More.  Before it was locked and you couldn't calibrate it at all.  Now you can.  I'm sure someone will test it soon enough.

58 minutes ago, jehurey said:

They dont know, because it just barely came out last week as a preview build :kaz:

Switch 1 came out in March 2017.

This is the best he could come up with. As of late September 2023 :tom:

I've had this preview for months :tom: 

3 hours ago, Remij said:

No, it's not.  I have a Switch, and I can compare them.  They're the same thing.  Except Steam Decks graphics are just way nicer.

No, you're just a known liar.

The other screen from that chinese-manufactred valve-branded handheld does have light bleed, as been reported before.

Except, now the colors are warmer when it bleed. Congratulations on that:reg: