[Rumor] Sony is preparing for a new PSP that will run PS4 games

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly, PSP1 is pretty underrated. It was a real neat little thing for the time, I remember being blown away by Tekken 5 graphics and later by Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker. Plenty of great games an

Please never talk about Nintendo ever again then. 

If Sony releases a device that plays PS4 games through some kind of BC... but doesn't play PS5 games... it's DOA.  If Sony try fucking around and spending resources to create games specifically for th

4 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Why would anyone want to play ps4 games in 2024

do they mean ps4 quality games?

I think it means that it’ll be capable of playing the PS4’s library as a feature.

4 hours ago, lynux3 said:

PSP :bow:

Sony looking to lose more money on a device they don't know what to do with. As much as I loved the psp brand, Sony doesn't know what to do with anything not the main Playstation brand and they manage to drop the ball all of the time there too. 

The PSP was amazing because it closed the gap between handheld and consoles with console-like games. 

With emulation on SD and other portables, that thing is going to be DOA. 

i used to love this idea...until i realize i don't like playing AAA titles on a handheld. most of the games i play on the deck are slow and aren't visually demanding (usually quite nice, artistically, though). so, hard pass.

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i used to love this idea...until i realize i don't like playing AAA titles on a handheld. most of the games i play on the deck are slow and aren't visually demanding (usually quite nice, artistically, though). so, hard pass.

Won’t be any AAA games on this thing either lol

Just now, Tears of the Cows said:

Won’t be any AAA games on this thing either lol

if it plays ps4 games, it has plenty of AAA games...including exclusives like bloodborne. stop beind retarded, retardz.

Posted (edited)
Just now, -GD-X said:

if it plays ps4 games, it has plenty of AAA games...including exclusives like bloodborne. stop beind retarded, retardz.

Those were AAA games 10 years ago. Now they’re nothing more than old, outdated garbage 

Edited by Tears of the Cows
Just now, Tears of the Cows said:

Those were AAA games 10 years ago. Now they’re nothing more than old, outdated garbage 

bloodborne is still one of the best games ever. i platinum'd it just last year. stop being retarded, retardz. also, switch is running on hardware that can't even run games as well as the ps4 :D . this retard talking about dated :D  it's about as dated as your girl's snatch after the years of dick tyrone gave her. how are you enjoying raising his kid?

Just now, Mr. Impossible said:

for real. no wonder why he's a blue collar worker, using GP coupons to play games.

If Sony releases a device that plays PS4 games through some kind of BC... but doesn't play PS5 games... it's DOA.  If Sony try fucking around and spending resources to create games specifically for the portable... they're just going to piss off their own PS5 fanbase which is desperate enough for new PS5 games to come from their big publishers...

They don't have the studios which could properly support this device on its own like they did in the past with all the Japanese Studios and smaller western devs.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Remij said:

If Sony releases a device that plays PS4 games through some kind of BC... but doesn't play PS5 games... it's DOA.  If Sony try fucking around and spending resources to create games specifically for the portable... they're just going to piss off their own PS5 fanbase which is desperate enough for new PS5 games to come from their big publishers...

They don't have the studios which could properly support this device on its own like they did in the past with all the Japanese Studios and smaller western devs.

100%

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

12 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

for real. no wonder why he's a blue collar worker, using GP coupons to play games.

13 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

bloodborne is still one of the best games ever. i platinum'd it just last year. stop being retarded, retardz. also, switch is running on hardware that can't even run games as well as the ps4 :D . this retard talking about dated :D  it's about as dated as your girl's snatch after the years of dick tyrone gave her. how are you enjoying raising his kid?

Last time I checked new games are being released for switch

ones that I didn’t play 10+ years ago  that are just plain outdated by 2024 standards

also, bloodborne sucks ass in 2024. Nearly unplayable. Action games that require timing at 20fps :D  Shitty looking animations, you name it. The game sucks. You literally could not pay me enough money to sit through and play it in 2024, lmfao. 

Edited by Tears of the Cows
Posted (edited)

this idea might've sounded better back when we first started hearing rumors about it in 2021/2022, and before the playstation portal.

If they created a playstation portal that did native ps4 playback, and then combined it with ps5 remote play, that would be a very convincing device that would be worth maybe around the vicinity of $300-$400.But they should've done that already instead of the playstation portal.

I was a bit interested to hear the sony guy say that half of their 118 MAUs are people still using their PS4's. so continuing the ps4 in the form of a handheld makes sense.

Edited by jehurey