Hellblade 2 reviews (Meta - 81, 6/10, IGN - 8/10)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

My trip got canceled, so I’m going to see if I can knock this out. I didn’t get too far. I’m at the sequence where I have to keep my flame lit in the water, after that cool water scene. 

Farther than me lol

i spend most of my time opening photo mode in cut scenes to prove they’re being rendered in real time 

Edited by Tears of the Cows
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hellflop 2, TLHBFAssRaped!!!!!!   7 years in the making, 5 years of hyping for this 6/10 flop       STFU, you imbecile. It's an absolute disaster for you lemshits. This is t

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Farther than me lol

i spend most of my time opening photo mode in cut scenes to prove they’re being rendered in real time 

Shiiiii I think I’m in the home stretch. It’s pretty short. I just beat 

Spoiler

Second giant 

My review for this will be interesting. 

That ending :D JFC 

I’ll make this short: 

as a game - a 5

as a cinematic, interactive experience - a 7.5

graphics look incredibly stunning in parts, but come at a steep cost (more invisible walls than a ps1 title). 

the sound was stellar. Loved the voices w/headphones 

story was whatever. It was a story. 

the combat was meh, but looked really cool, especially if you were fighting alongside NPCs. Very cinematic. 

the puzzles were easy, but fine. Nothing bogged down the game.

It’s about 5 hours long, but  it would have been better if it was 4, with less walking and fighting. It got tedious, in parts. 

Or, the extra hour could have been used for a more epic finale. I feel UC 1’d. 

Anyhow, since I went into this as a cinematic, interactive experience, I give it a 7.5. The atmosphere and production values are worth the 5 hours. 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Tears of the Cows said:

and yet she still wouldn’t touch you :tom: 

23 hours ago, Tears of the Cows said:

She fucks everyone, won’t fuck me…  

:lawl:

Just finished the game. Really enjoyed it. The puzzles are dumb I think they should have taken them out and just focused on what the game was ...a cinematic journey. 

Visual masterpiece tho. Simply amazing looking game.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Being enjoyed by the millions of gamepass owners :blessed: including you :bena:

Didn’t your retarded ass say this last time for Redfall and Hifi Rush? Two games that were also available on ShitPass and had more players than this flop that ended up failing and killing their respective studios :kaz:

GTFOH you retard. “Played by millions of gamers” and it isn’t even charting in Xbox top 30 right now  :hest:

Edited by FIREPOWER
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

Didn’t your retarded ass say this last time for Redfall and Hifi Rush? Two games that were also available on ShitPass and had more players than this flop that ended up failing and killing their respective studios :kaz:

GTFOH you retard. “Played by millions of gamers” and it isn’t even charting in Xbox top 30 right now  :hest:

Millions of gamers :vince:youre included!

c’mon, post your shots :mj: 

it’d a 5-6 hour game. Why would it be on the most played? Lol

Edited by Tears of the Cows
8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

i don't think player count/activity is a fair metric to use for this kind of game. Most people aren't going to keep playing once they finish it once.

Really curious to see achievement percentages for this a couple weeks after launch. Game basically gives you a story achievement every hour for its 5 hours. Wonder how many people actually stuck it through or got bored. Are the visuals enough for a casual gamer. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

i don't think player count/activity is a fair metric to use for this kind of game.

Why not? :wonder: 

Regardless of my feelings about the game (I like it a lot) it's objectively a failure for MS regarding sales and concurrent players.  Those numbers are extremely pitiful, especially considering the fact that THIS was the game they announced their new console with, and has always been the game that was meant to show next gen off.  MS' lack of any kind of interesting marketing push for the game, and just how they've handled showcasing the game to the public in general has been completely lackluster and an utter failure.  Like I say, I'm sure this game more than others is skewed towards gamepass simply because it's a short, cinematic experience more than it is a game.. so people are likely willing to try it out on there instead of buying it... but cmon.. these numbers are far too low.  We knew it was going to be like this when a day or two before launch and the game was still out of the top 100 sellers list.

I can only hope that as time goes on and some sales happen more people give it a chance.  A PS version should come as soon as possible as well to try to make back some money.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Regardless of my feelings about the game (I like it a lot) it's objectively a failure for MS regarding sales and concurrent players.  Those numbers are extremely pitiful, especially considering the fact that THIS was the game they announced their new console with, and has always been the game that was meant to show next gen off.  MS' lack of any kind of interesting marketing push for the game, and just how they've handled showcasing the game to the public in general has been completely lackluster and an utter failure.  Like I say, I'm sure this game more than others is skewed towards gamepass simply because it's a short, cinematic experience more than it is a game.. so people are likely willing to try it out on there instead of buying it... but cmon.. these numbers are far too low.  We knew it was going to be like this when a day or two before launch and the game was still out of the top 100 sellers list.

I can only hope that as time goes on and some sales happen more people give it a chance.  A PS version should come as soon as possible as well to try to make back some money.

This type of game also just doesn't financially work in the system that MS has set up. 7 year development for a game ppl can finish in 1 or 2 sittings does not work in a subscription service. There is zero stickiness to it and hardly enough to even make people want to sub for it. But they also can't really sell it themselves either because their console marketplace simply doesn't encourage sales anymore let alone for such a short game. They seriously just have to hope to maybe make some money back from putting it on PS (where GP isn't available) but going forward I can not see them looking at this as anything but an abject failure. The game has seriously no buzz, the Hellblade IP is now a very mixed 'brand' as opposed to it being a critical and commerical darling after the first (had goodwill), the sales and engagement numbers are atrocious and it's no doubt a mega financial failure.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Remij said:

The game was in development long enough that there really should have been more to it. Like even just a basic roguelike mode with some unlockable rewards (maybe cosmetics) and leaderboards could have given it some more legs.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The game was in development long enough that there really should have been more to it. Like even just a basic roguelike mode with some unlockable rewards (maybe cosmetics) and leaderboards could have given it some more legs.

I agree it could use some more added things for replayability.. like unlocking alternate costumes, and an alternate ending or something as such.  They definitely should have thought more about that beforehand.

I still place a lot of this games reception to how MS have handled the entire thing from the announcement to launch.  People didn't even know it was releasing just a week ago.  I think the huge downturn of Xbox console sales over the past year or two have really fucked with morale at Xbox and so they just aren't able to hype their games up to a level they should.  The fact that they're now bringing their games to Playstation casts doubt over every other game going as well, so even their own fan base isn't going to be as invested/hyped for things as they were before.

The game definitely should have been more than it was, and it was really needed about 2 years ago, before Sony had a bunch of big exclusive games out, and when everyone was looking for a next gen visual Xbox experience.  Another case of too little too late with Xbox. :shake: 

• Upvote 1

After finishing hellblade 2 I tend to agree with Gamespot's review.  The game is beautiful and the performances are outstanding but the combat is shallow and repetitive.  The puzzles are simple and you really can't explore. Too short.  I wanted more.   And this is a perfect example of diminishing returns with these "powerful consoles".  So much effort and money was spent on the game's look that very little was added to the gameplay or story.  

Give me 20 hours of Super Mario Bros any day over again like this.  Fortunately I didn't have to buy hellblade because if I did I would be very very unhappy.

• Upvote 2