Starfield Has Been Played By More Than 14 Million players

Just now, David P said:

It's available to download to like 40m subscribers. Are you guys stupid? 6m PLAYERS is no where near the biggest launch of a Bethesda RPG ever. This is absolute PR spin and you're dumb as to post this.

6m PLAYERS primarily from Gamepass vs 12 million copies shipped (based on pre-orders). 

They shipped 12M copies... that doesn't mean 12M sales first day:rofl: :rofls: 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you have to be a retard in a helmet IRL to think 14m STREAMS is better than 11m SOLD  

https://x.com/klobrille/status/1802392667852050834     Tbh its not such an impressive number when you take into account Spiderman and Mario Wonder were on one console only. 

DavidPR rn   

Posted Images

microsoft was so impressed with these numbers, it literally made them go third party :lawl: 

this is the game that made them realize spending hundred of millions of dollars on a game, and then giving it away for free on on xbox/pc without playstation is an unsustainable failure of a business model

thinking they're happy with these numbers is like thinking theyre happy with its 83 MC, straight delusional :rofl:

Just now, Remij said:

They shipped 12M copies... that doesn't mean 12M sales first day:rofl: :rofls: 

I know but I don't have the launch day one sales. How is 12 million copies shipped at launch day not a bigger launch than 6 million PLAYERS that probably half or more are Gamepass subs? Let's not forget Fallout 4 came out in 2014, day one digital sales aren't comparable to now, let alone a game day one on Gamepass.

So, we can safely say, that Starfield definitely didn't generate more revenue. Even Skyrim 3.5m day one sales generate more revenue. 

So we're stuck with a beefed up number of day one download from Gamepass. Impressive. 

3 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

microsoft was so impressed with these numbers, it literally made them go third party :lawl: 

this is the game that made them realize spending hundred of millions of dollars on a game, and then giving it away for free on on xbox/pc without playstation is an unsustainable failure of a business model

thinking they're happy with these numbers is like thinking theyre happy with its 83 MC, straight delusional :rofl:

Biggest Bethesda launch ever though. 6m streamers on day one! 

• dead 1
6 minutes ago, David P said:

I know but I don't have the launch day one sales. How is 12 million copies shipped at launch day not a bigger launch than 6 million PLAYERS that probably half or more are Gamepass subs? Let's not forget Fallout 4 came out in 2014, day one digital sales aren't comparable to now, let alone a game day one on Gamepass.

So, we can safely say, that Starfield definitely didn't generate more revenue. Even Skyrim 3.5m day one sales generate more revenue. 

So we're stuck with a beefed up number of day one download from Gamepass. Impressive. 

Yeah yea, we know that no game on GamePass will ever be considered a success by you or anyone else here.. :facep: 

Good god Tuckij and JonDownsND been shilling hard in two threads simultaneously and everyone on here is now retarded apart from them. 

:mj:

Just now, Remij said:

Yeah yea, we know that no game on GamePass will ever be considered a success by you or anyone else here.. :facep: 

It's not that, it's just that it's unfair when put into the context of 2014 Fallout 4 release. Different era, the market changed, digital games adoption wasn't high as today and you just can realistically put it up against Gamepass anyway.

Shipping 12m copies on day one based on it's estimated potential sales from pre-orders is better than 6m players subs who showed at launch to get their 'free' shit. I know which news I would prefer to hear if I was Todd Howard. 

Starfield is now at 14m PLAYERS, which is good in of itself but not that crazy for a Bethesda game though. That was whole argument in the first place.

I agree with your argument that if it was on PS5 we probably wouldn't be having this discussion but Gamepass is pretty pathetic is what I got out of this the most. Not that I expect all GP users to dl it but this isn't just some new random IP as you say, it's a new Bethesda open world RPG and not a weird MMO spin-off either. You'd think GP would be on fire. 

Whatever, man. 

6 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

you have to be a retard in a helmet IRL to think 14m STREAMS is better than 11m SOLD :kaz: 

Lemmings aren't too bright :lemming:

32 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Lemmings aren't too bright :lemming:

Lmfao. It ain’t, son. Why do you think every company is pushing the subscription model? A sub is better than a purchase any day of the week.  :reg: 

7 hours ago, Remij said:

That’s because they generally aren’t. Look at Hell6lade 2. :mj:

6 hours ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Lmfao. It ain’t, son. Why do you think every company is pushing the subscription model? A sub is better than a purchase any day of the week.  :reg: 

1 sub isn't better than one purchase dip shit.  With any subscription model, it takes several subs for it to be equal to one purchase. 

Like I said.. Lemmings aren't too bright :lemming:

3 hours ago, Goukosan said:

1 sub isn't better than one purchase dip shit.  With any subscription model, it takes several subs for it to be equal to one purchase. 

Like I said.. Lemmings aren't too bright :lemming:

Or you know, just a few months subscribed...

Let's say half the people who played the game bought it, and the other half subbed for it.

$7M x $70 = $490M

7M subs for one month @ $10 = $70M and lets say people really into the game spend at least a few months playing it.  $70M x 3 months = $210M

$490M+210M = $700M

Again, you guys forget that GamePass, with ~30-35M subscribers is bringing in ~$300-$350M each month...  EACH MONTH.  $300M x 12 = 3.6B each year.  I don't give a fuck what any of you clowns think... MS is NOT SPENDING $3.6B each year on 3rd party GamePass content.  We already know that for a fact.  They are absolutely making money at this point.  The MAJORITY of games which are selling the service to people are owned by Xbox.

So, if Starfield's continued updates and story expansions continue to keep subs engaged over months and months... then it will EASILY EASILY generate more money long term than it would have being a one and done sale. :umad: 

Edited by Remij
1 hour ago, Remij said:

Or you know, just a few months subscribed...

Let's say half the people who played the game bought it, and the other half subbed for it.

$7M x $70 = $490M

7M subs for one month @ $10 = $70M and lets say people really into the game spend at least a few months playing it.  $70M x 3 months = $210M

$490M+210M = $700M

Again, you guys forget that GamePass, with ~30-35M subscribers is bringing in ~$300-$350M each month...  EACH MONTH.  $300M x 12 = 3.6B each year.  I don't give a fuck what any of you clowns think... MS is NOT SPENDING $3.6B each year on 3rd party GamePass content.  We already know that for a fact.  They are absolutely making money at this point.  The MAJORITY of games which are selling the service to people are owned by Xbox.

So, if Starfield's continued updates and story expansions continue to keep subs engaged over months and months... then it will EASILY EASILY generate more money long term than it would have being a one and done sale. :umad: 

That's alot of "let's say this and let's say that" to spin around the fact that 1 sub isn't equal to 1 purchase :umad:

Edited by Goukosan