Official Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree Thread - 10/10 IGN, 10/10 GS, 95 Meta - Game of the Year. Best DLC oif All Time.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

I haven't been reading many reviews.. trying to keep spoilers to a minimum.. but it sounds like this game's world is more like DS1 and Bloodborne in that it's vertical and twisty, winding back and through on itself. :wow2: 

Yeah, those are impressions I’m getting. :wow2:

• aitch 1
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i think my gf knew i wanted to play this (i may have low key dropped that i wanted to play this tonight lol) and asked if we can do something tomorrow night instead.  the universe is on my side. just

81% positive for English reviews, 31% positive for simplified Chinese. China needs to git gud.

i beat the expansion. i ended up enjoying the final boss a lot more than i expected, despite who/what it is getting spoiled for me. i think some will be disappointed by it (seems to be common with fin

14 hours ago, Casual said:

not surprising a lemming doesn't like good games.

I already said I enjoyed the original Demons Soul. I just can't see myself replaying the same formula more than once, let alone all the Dark Souls and the remake. 

Did you play Demon Souls? @-GD-X

12 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

I already said I enjoyed the original Demons Soul. I just can't see myself replaying the same formula more than once, let alone all the Dark Souls and the remake. 

Did you play Demon Souls? @-GD-X

Ya. I played the remake. Excellent game. 

edit: dark souls is its own beast. The interconnectivity is something else. I think you may like Elden Ring or Dark Souls 3, since they both have more QoL improvements, like fast travel (from the start) and way more checkpoints, usually just before a boss. The walk backs aren’t bad. 

57 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Ya. I played the remake. Excellent game. 

edit: dark souls is its own beast. The interconnectivity is something else. I think you may like Elden Ring or Dark Souls 3, since they both have more QoL improvements, like fast travel (from the start) and way more checkpoints, usually just before a boss. The walk backs aren’t bad. 

I'll give it a try then. 

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

I'll give it a try then. 

Ds3 is pretty linear, while ER is very open. I think ER grabbed me (the first souls game I beat) because you can take so many different paths if you are stuck. There’s a lot of freedom. If you YouTube a starter guide, it makes things less overwhelming and a bit (or even very) OP. I’m not “gud” at these games. I’m just persistent and figure out what strategy works for me. Sometimes magic…sometimes brute force…sometimes dex…you can change builds pretty early on. I tend to farm a bit, so I can have extra levels for a balance/hybrid build, usually a mix of strength and magic. 

• Like 1
  • Casual changed the title to Official Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree Thread - 10/10 IGN, 10/10 GS, 95 Meta - Game of the Year. Best DLC oif All Time.

The expansion downloaded :smoke:

Out of anticipation, I beat Malenia. Swarm of flies got heavily nerfed with her :D So, I ditched it immediately. However, Blasphemous Blade killed her in my first run. The sword’s 2 hand fire attack, with my fire boost potion, made me a god. I still can’t believe people need help with her. Maybe they are fighting her too early into the game (that blade is late game). 

a few more hours to go. just getting any last minute items i can think of. i feel ready for the dlc. but, a few extra items can't hurt. i had forgotten how well the staff of loss buffs night comet (30%?).

• Upvote 1
Just now, -GD-X said:

a few more hours to go. just getting any last minute items i can think of. i feel ready for the dlc. but, a few extra items can't hurt. i had forgotten how well the staff of loss buffs night comet (30%?).

When’s it release? I didn’t realize it was tonight 

I redownloaded this shit storm. Headed down your way for a week on Sunday tho 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Unlocks in 2 hours.

I wont get to hop on until tonight but I can't wait :wow2: 

Just now, Tears of the Cows said:

midnight on consoles; 6pm est for pc.

Just now, Remij said:

Unlocks in 2 hours.

I wont get to hop on until tonight but I can't wait :wow2: 

i won't get to play much until sunday, unfortunately. i think my gf will be over tonight and tomorrow night :mjcry:i'm going to try and clear my work schedule tomorrow.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i won't get to play much until sunday, unfortunately. i think my gf will be over tonight and tomorrow night :mjcry:i'm going to try and clear my work schedule tomorrow.

Tell that bitch to stay home

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Tell that bitch to stay home

she made me the best shrimp tacos last night. i'd feel like an asshole :D i totally forgot we had made plans.

I'm DL'ed and updated, but I can't play for a bit yet.  Gonna be insane though :wow2: 

Already 350K concurrent on Steam within half an hour of release :whew: 

• aitch 1