ROG Ally X | Silent Hill 2 Remake | Gameplay & Performance

2 hours ago, Playstation Tablet said:

Yeah this doesnt run on Steamdeck.

Wont run on Ditch 2 either

Lmao your communist draft dodging ass better get that game time in while you can before Putin finds you. 

:mj:

4 hours ago, Playstation Tablet said:

Sure it does.  30fps FSR3 performance.  Seems decent to me.  I'll try it perhaps later tonight if I'm up when it releases.

• Like 1
Just now, Playstation Tablet said:

Remember the N64/PS1 days when fog actually masked technical limitations instead of tanking your framerate by half?

Silent Hill 1 brilliantly used the PS1's weaknesses to it's advantage, and Silent Hill 2 brilliantly utilized the PS2 to it's absolute most as well.  Konami literally had top tier developers.

• Like 1
  • aitch 1
Just now, Remij said:

Silent Hill 1 brilliantly used the PS1's weaknesses to it's advantage, and Silent Hill 2 brilliantly utilized the PS2 to it's absolute most as well.  Konami literally had top tier developers.

UE5 is great but I suspect a custom engine it would look even better designed for the game specifically. RE4 runs at a much higher ress and twice the framerate and still looks great.

Just now, Playstation Tablet said:

UE5 is great but I suspect a custom engine it would look even better designed for the game specifically. RE4 runs at a much higher ress and twice the framerate and still looks great.

Yea, but Bloober doesn't have the resources to create their own custom engine that could compete with what UE5 allows them to do.

this looks horrible lol. there is no way anyone would want to play this on a handheld

I was looking at high res screenshots on gaf, and man the texture and asset quality is REALLY good. I guess it shouldn't be surprising considering how The Medium looked, but Bloober team is very good at making dilapidated and decrepit looking horror game environments.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I was looking at high res screenshots on gaf, and man the texture and asset quality is REALLY good. I guess it shouldn't be surprising considering how The Medium looked, but Bloober team is very good at making dilapidated and decrepit looking horror game environments.

Yep.  The material quality of some of their assets is off the charts.  They're very clearly an artistically proficient studio, and seeing the rate at which they are improving, it's only a matter of time until they get more tech people on the team to work out some of their other issues.

• aitch 1
On 2024-10-07 at 12:23 PM, Playstation Tablet said:

literally shows it running on steam deck

Edited by sugarhigh