The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

27 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

In interested in your thoughts on burnhouse lane. That’s the one most fresh in my memory and I know there’s some stuff about it that some people didn’t enjoy much.

I’m going to start it today. I’ll let you know my early impressions. 

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

@Twinblade i really dig the look and atmosphere of burnhouse lane. i don't like save points, and not being able to have multiple ones.

yeah but the game is designed in such a way that being able to save anywhere could have caused some issues because of the way the levels and scenarios are designed.

22 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

yeah but the game is designed in such a way that being able to save anywhere could have caused some issues because of the way the levels and scenarios are designed.

ah ok. i'm not far at all. i just gave the old dude a sandwich and i keep finding mutilated animals lol. digging the country vibe.

• Upvote 1

@Twinblade I finished chapter 1. Burnhouse is pretty great, so far. I’m glad it’s more like Cat Lady and Downfall, in terms of twisted imagery. The puzzles are still kind of easy, but are more interesting than in Lorelai. 

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

@Twinblade I finished chapter 1. Burnhouse is pretty great, so far. I’m glad it’s more like Cat Lady and Downfall, in terms of twisted imagery. The puzzles are still kind of easy, but are more interesting than in Lorelai. 

The next chapter has a tricky puzzle that I thought was neat and some other messed up stuff in it.

• aitch 1
12 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The next chapter has a tricky puzzle that I thought was neat and some other messed up stuff in it.

Brooooo…,chapter 2 was amazing!!!! Fun puzzles, great character moments, and it was twisted AF :D of the other chapters are on the same level, then DAMN! 

4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Brooooo…,chapter 2 was amazing!!!! Fun puzzles, great character moments, and it was twisted AF :D of the other chapters are on the same level, then DAMN! 

ha i figured you would get a kick out of it. I won't say any more but there's still a lot of good stuff ahead :smoke: 

• aitch 1
10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

ha i figured you would get a kick out of it. I won't say any more but there's still a lot of good stuff ahead :smoke: 

Stoked! This shaping up to be my favorite. Harvester Games :wow2: 

• aitch 1

Think I'm nearing the end of Ghostrunner 2. Been pretty good, scratches that Mirror's Edge itch. Some parts are a little frustrating but it has that Hotline Miami vibe of literally instantly loading you back in for another run. 

• Like 1

The combat in Star Ocean The Second Story is pretty odd and after 10 hours I’m not sure I fully understand it yet. Sometimes enemies attack me and I take no damage. Other times they can take me out in a few hits even while I’m at full health. It’s still enjoyable but feels very different by action rpg standards.

I also got to act 2 in V Rising. Even though a big part of the game is collecting resources it actually has some neat convenience features. For example you can move your castle to a different part of the map, without having to grind and spend additional resources to build it back up. It’ll just save every component you built in the original area and you can freely place everything back down in the new area of your choosing.

8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The combat in Star Ocean The Second Story is pretty odd and after 10 hours I’m not sure I fully understand it yet. Sometimes enemies attack me and I take no damage. Other times they can take me out in a few hits even while I’m at full health. It’s still enjoyable but feels very different by action rpg standards.

Make sure to raise your combat skills. They're tailored either for melee or spell casting. They're more important than anything else. Raise defense, instant dodge, faster melee, faster casting, it's pretty obvious.

Also the other set of skills for items creation can also severely boost your stats and they're worth investing sometime just for that reason. Like kitchen knife for example is great for strength. 

Pro tip : later in the game you will be able to level up a lot of skills up to 7 by simply reading books, no points required. You'll see once you unlock more item creating abilities. 

And Star Ocean 2 has a level cap of 255, so it's the kind of game where you meet a high level enemy and he just wipe out the party in on spell. It's that kind of game.  

Where are you at in the game? 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, David P said:

Make sure to raise your combat skills. They're tailored either for melee or spell casting. They're more important than anything else. Raise defense, instant dodge, faster melee, faster casting, it's pretty obvious.

Also the other set of skills for items creation can also severely boost your stats and they're worth investing sometime just for that reason. Like kitchen knife for example is great for strength. 

Pro tip : later in the game you will be able to level up a lot of skills up to 7 by simply reading books, no points required. You'll see once you unlock more item creating abilities. 

And Star Ocean 2 has a level cap of 255, so it's the kind of game where you meet a high level enemy and he just wipe out the party in on spell. It's that kind of game.  

Where are you at in the game? 

i just got to the main city on the 2nd continent (laquer). I did notice that the leveling is super fast, my party is already in the mid 20s.

• Upvote 1

Finished playing through Crow Country. Game was short and sweet, exactly what I wanted right now. Even the story was legitimately interesting, especially the way it wrapped up.

8/10 and def worth it for people who like this kind of old school survival horror experience.

• Like 2

Finished Immortals of Aveum. A surprisingly fun game considering how badly it flopped. As pure a 7/10 as you can get but one of those ones that is very much worth playing. Some of the production values are a lot better than they should be. Game does take itself maybe a bit too seriously sometimes with fairly long unskippable cutscenes in a story that is average at best. Characters all forgettable. But the magic gameplay is fun and the game is always moving forward. Defs worth checking out since it's now been on both PS Plus and coming to GP. 

Just now, Twinblade said:

yeah i really dug the atmosphere and vibe of that section too :smoke: 

very texas chainsaw. amazing!

• aitch 1