The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

40 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

ok, i have an issue. i double dipped on elden ring so i can play it at work. i have to say, it looks really great on the SD. i still want to dock it, but i had to point out how amazing the optimization is for ER on the SD.

oh...the replay is giving me nostalgia feels :happysad:

I know.  I remember what it ran line on the Steam Deck in the beginning, and it initially wasn't great.  Framerate would dip while just travelling in the overworld, and stutters would occasionally happen when streaming in new areas, but that's all been fixed up and it runs really good.  Valve has done some work on their end, but FROMSOFT have also really improved how well the game loads and streams in data overall as well.

It looks really great on the SD too as you said.  Crazy we can play huge games like this on a portable device nowadays. :love: 

• aitch 1
  • Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

Posted Images

9 hours ago, -GD-X said:

ok, i have an issue. i double dipped on elden ring so i can play it at work. i have to say, it looks really great on the SD. i still want to dock it, but i had to point out how amazing the optimization is for ER on the SD.

oh...the replay is giving me nostalgia feels :happysad:

heard it runs amazing on SD.

been replaying it myself the last couple weeks, getting towards the end - just finished the capital. Think it might be my favourite FROM dungeon tbh, such great level design.

• Upvote 1

Hearing good things about SMTV: Vengeance on Steam Deck.  Runs and looks awesome apparently.

https://toucharcade.com/2024/06/12/shin-megami-tensei-v-vengeance-steam-deck-pc-review-smt5v/#:~:text=Shin Megami Tensei V%3A Vengeance Steam Deck settings%2C graphics options,it isn't locked 90fps.

Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance Steam Deck PC Review – The Ultimate Version of a Fantastic RPG

If you play on a Steam Deck OLED, Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance can hit 90fps (and even higher on both Steam Decks when played docked) in many areas of the game, but it isn’t locked 90fps. At the default preset by turning a few things up and shadows down, I only saw it drop below 60fps in a few specific situations, but it almost always runs well above. The menus are capped at 60fps though. On my Steam Deck OLED specifically in handheld mode, it regularly runs at above 80fps even while exploring. The major area I noticed frame drops below 60 was the Fairy Village. You go there quite early on. Even the new locations hold up really well including the more open areas.

:aitch: 

Edited by Remij
  • aitch 1