The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

I've been playing The Saboteur all weekend and I'm jumping up my score for a C to a B. Once you get past the opening mandatory missions, the game really does become GTAIV: Vichy France. The driving isn't as good because the streets of Paris are so narrow, and it doesn't have the humor or the wide selection of music, but its platforming and superior upgrade system compensate for it. There's also 1000+ "freeplay" targets scattered around which are Nazi installations you can sabotage at will, and I like breaking off from the main storyline to screw around and cause havoc. At one point I commandeered a strategically placed AA battery, started blowing up Panzers, zeppelins, and Messerschmitts, and triggered the highest alarm level in the game. Suddenly the whole map goes red indicating there’s no where to hide. Right then, so now what? I look around and notice there's a single hiding remaining. So as I’m racing like hell to get to it with the whole city going berserk looking for me, I take to the river and make my way to the spot on the map only to realize it’s the Eiffel Tower and its heavily fortified. After a long shootout in front of the tower, I finally get an opening and book it onto one of the tower’s elevators. When I finally get to the top, I enter a bar, my character takes a drink, and the alarm ends. Very gamey but a very cool chase sequence. It's those make your own fun moments that I like best in sandbox game. TB, I'd say go for it if you like GTA, the Vichy France setting, and slower-paced tactical mayhem (the platforming is semi-realistic so you don't climb like a monkey on speed). I quite like it. My theory about SystemWars stands.

I've been playing The Saboteur all weekend and I'm jumping up my score for a C to a B. Once you get past the opening mandatory missions, the game really does become GTAIV: Vichy France. The driving isn't as good because the streets of Paris are so narrow, and it doesn't have the humor or the wide selection of music, but its platforming and superior upgrade system compensate for it. There's also 1000+ "freeplay" targets scattered around which are Nazi installations you can sabotage at will, and I like breaking off from the main storyline to screw around and cause havoc.

At one point I commandeered a strategically placed AA battery, started blowing up Panzers, zeppelins, and Messerschmitts, and triggered the highest alarm level in the game. Suddenly the whole map goes red indicating there’s no where to hide. Right then, so now what? I look around and notice there's a single hiding remaining. So as I’m racing like hell to get to it with the whole city going berserk looking for me, I take to the river and make my way to the spot on the map only to realize it’s the Eiffel Tower and its heavily fortified. After a long shootout in front of the tower, I finally get an opening and book it onto one of the tower’s elevators. When I finally get to the top, I enter a bar, my character takes a drink, and the alarm ends. Very gamey but a very cool chase sequence. It's those make your own fun moments that I like best in sandbox game.

TB, I'd say go for it if you like GTA, the Vichy France setting, and slower-paced tactical mayhem (the platforming is semi-realistic so you don't climb like a monkey on speed).

I quite like it. My theory about SystemWars stands.

on deck: dragon age

I've been playing The Saboteur all weekend and I'm jumping up my score for a C to a B. Once you get past the opening mandatory missions, the game really does become GTAIV: Vichy France. The driving isn't as good because the streets of Paris are so narrow, and it doesn't have the humor or the wide selection of music, but its platforming and superior upgrade system compensate for it. There's also 1000+ "freeplay" targets scattered around which are Nazi installations you can sabotage at will, and I like breaking off from the main storyline to screw around and cause havoc.

At one point I commandeered a strategically placed AA battery, started blowing up Panzers, zeppelins, and Messerschmitts, and triggered the highest alarm level in the game. Suddenly the whole map goes red indicating there’s no where to hide. Right then, so now what? I look around and notice there's a single hiding remaining. So as I’m racing like hell to get to it with the whole city going berserk looking for me, I take to the river and make my way to the spot on the map only to realize it’s the Eiffel Tower and its heavily fortified. After a long shootout in front of the tower, I finally get an opening and book it onto one of the tower’s elevators. When I finally get to the top, I enter a bar, my character takes a drink, and the alarm ends. Very gamey but a very cool chase sequence. It's those make your own fun moments that I like best in sandbox game.

TB, I'd say go for it if you like GTA, the Vichy France setting, and slower-paced tactical mayhem (the platforming is semi-realistic so you don't climb like a monkey on speed).

I quite like it. My theory about SystemWars stands.

sounds like a game i could really get into. definitely gonna pick it up after another price drop :]

been playing time hallow. what a trippy game. i'm liking it so far :)

im glad you're enjoying it B)

how far are you?

not too far. i'm trying to find that missing student. the flashbacks are trippy as hell. the music is quite atmospheric too. i have a feeling i'm in for something special :)