The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Playing the Ballad of Gay Tony and it is better than GTA4 but for some reason the GTA games are getting pretty stale. It was fun last gen to have a huge open world game but now it's more like a chore to play these huge games. I'd rather have a good game with a solid 5-6 hour campaign than some open world flop.

i agree. driving around in there was a chore while in gta3 and vice city it was always awesome
  • Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

i agree. with the exception of infamous, i have not had fun with any sandbox campaigns this gen. though i dug crackdown's orb collecting. i hope crackdown 2 has an actual campaign this time.

i agree. with the exception of infamous, i have not had fun with any sandbox campaigns this gen. though i dug crackdown's orb collecting. i hope crackdown 2 has an actual campaign this time.

Yes, Infamous and Crackdown made the open world genre fresh. Having to drive for miles in GTA is absolutely painful in some instances. I fell asleep just trying to get back to my safehouse. lol, what a terrible genre.

GTA4 had cabs though, made driving optional. The best sandbox games are the ones where the open ended freedom expands into the mission design. If there's the same amount of freedom approaching the mission as there is getting there, they are doing it right. Games like GTA and Infamous have such linear mission design and you have to sweat through them to progress. In games like Red Faction you have a variety of missions to choose from and they can be approached differently. GTA4 is too cinematic for it's own good.

GTA4 had cabs though, made driving optional.

The best sandbox games are the ones where the open ended freedom expands into the mission design. If there's the same amount of freedom approaching the mission as there is getting there, they are doing it right. Games like GTA and Infamous have such linear mission design and you have to sweat through them to progress.

In games like Red Faction you have a variety of missions to choose from and they can be approached differently. GTA4 is too cinematic for it's own good.

I like GTA's linear mission design. I get to have my open world fix outside of the missions, and get to have my linear mission fix when that happens. It's like 2 experiences in one, and the mission variety was much better in GTA IV than the last gen GTAs so that certainly didn't hurt.

They give you more than plenty to do in the open world in GTA so that you really don't need to beg to have the mission structure open ended.

Getting alright at TF2. :happysad:

PC obv.? I stopped playing. :happysad: I played Demo. Yeah, I played like 18 hours over the last week. :ben:Once my PC finally arrives we'll have to play. B) Fo sho. Won't be on again for a week after Friday though. Going to FL. :happysad:

Will probably buy a mic when I return. :face: