The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

More FO: NV. Still liking it quite a bit, and there's a lot of depth but I feel like this is descending into the same power fantasy that every single other FO game became. The game started out not so easy but now it's becoming a bit too easy, which fumbles the balance and reason to use a lot of the systems (not to mention the survival atmosphere). Gonna crank it to Very Hard and see if that helps.

More FO: NV. Still liking it quite a bit, and there's a lot of depth but I feel like this is descending into the same power fantasy that every single other FO game became. The game started out not so easy but now it's becoming a bit too easy, which fumbles the balance and reason to use a lot of the systems (not to mention the survival atmosphere).

Gonna crank it to Very Hard and see if that helps.

I didn't find the game overly easy on Hard. Have you encountered the harder enemies yet? Like Deathclaws? They can easily kill most lvl.20+ characters with a couple hits on hard.

More FO: NV. Still liking it quite a bit, and there's a lot of depth but I feel like this is descending into the same power fantasy that every single other FO game became. The game started out not so easy but now it's becoming a bit too easy, which fumbles the balance and reason to use a lot of the systems (not to mention the survival atmosphere).

Gonna crank it to Very Hard and see if that helps.

I didn't find the game overly easy on Hard. Have you encountered the harder enemies yet? Like Deathclaws? They can easily kill most lvl.20+ characters with a couple hits on hard.

I encountered the nightkin, which took me a while to nail down a strategy, but after that I got'em. No deathclaws yet, no. I didn't mean it was easy, I just meant that I'd have way more incentive to use gameplay systems like crafting or customization if I needed to really work to overcome enemies or expend more of my supplies. The game just gives you everything you could possibly need. My money issues were permanently solved after Mojave since there's so much junk to pick up and trade. By extension, stimpacks and other meds are no longer a concern. This stuff will have to be tuned via mods I guess.

Edited by Cycloptis

My first run was on hard and I didn't have much trouble following the main quest. Doctor's bags were an issue at first but by the time I could craft them I had enough. Deathclaws are the real pain the ass but even Cazadores and high level Geckos can be deadly up close if you're outnumbered. It's companions that make the game too easy, TBH.

Darksiders was actually pretty good. Sure it's a clusterfuck of previous game's ideas; (It's heavily influenced by Zelda and GoW, and has elements of DMC, Bayonetta, and even Portal) but it pulls it off well. It's basically a Zelda game (collect 4 of x by completing dungeons, use new items to explore) with more emphasis on combat ala GoW. It copies Zelda with no shame. Bomb flowers are here, so is the boomerang and hookshot. The game even has a limited portal gun, complete with gravity acceleration. Tight game control and streamlined design makes going from place to place smooth and fast. Variety of items/weapons with customization options through slotted weapons. Light RPG elements in regards to powering up weapons and a store system not unlike DMC or Bayo. Decent graphics and sound, smooth fps, and a somewhat interesting storyline. Puzzles ranged from GoW simple to Zelda-rivaling clever. I beat it on hard and that was a good choice, had to take full advantage of items and upgrades. Took me about 17 hours. I'd recommend this game for any fans of the action-adventure genre, just don't expect new ground. We've seen this before but not quite like this. But seriously, what's the point of innovation if devs can't learn from it and put together their own take on the genre? Darksiders won't wow you but it's damn enjoyable in an almost Zelda-less generation. I'd give it a solid 8.5/10. Try it out :)

Darksiders was actually pretty good.

Sure it's a clusterfuck of previous game's ideas; (It's heavily influenced by Zelda and GoW, and has elements of DMC, Bayonetta, and even Portal) but it pulls it off well. It's basically a Zelda game (collect 4 of x by completing dungeons, use new items to explore) with more emphasis on combat ala GoW. It copies Zelda with no shame. Bomb flowers are here, so is the boomerang and hookshot. The game even has a limited portal gun, complete with gravity acceleration.

Tight game control and streamlined design makes going from place to place smooth and fast. Variety of items/weapons with customization options through slotted weapons. Light RPG elements in regards to powering up weapons and a store system not unlike DMC or Bayo. Decent graphics and sound, smooth fps, and a somewhat interesting storyline. Puzzles ranged from GoW simple to Zelda-rivaling clever. I beat it on hard and that was a good choice, had to take full advantage of items and upgrades. Took me about 17 hours.

I'd recommend this game for any fans of the action-adventure genre, just don't expect new ground. We've seen this before but not quite like this. But seriously, what's the point of innovation if devs can't learn from it and put together their own take on the genre? Darksiders won't wow you but it's damn enjoyable in an almost Zelda-less generation.

I'd give it a solid 8.5/10. Try it out :)

yeah i enjoyed it a lot. the black throne was awesome! you think i'll like castlevania?

I'm sure you'll like it, but i still liked Darksiders a little more. LoS is almost exactly like a GoW game, but has more elements of SotC and Uncharted rather than Zelda. It's almost 20 hours long. My favorite part was the incredible environments and vistas, the graphics aren't as slick as GoW3 but the art direction is amazing.

Got to New Vegas. Yeah, it's pretty sparsely populated, which I think better suits the Fallout universe better than most people realize. Unfortunately it contradicts the setup of the place throughout the game and previews. That being said, the sheer breadth and depth of questlines that open up around here is pretty staggering; the interactions of the choices with the factions and all their conflicts is really awesome to see in this day and age. I feel that a lot of the weirdness of the atmosphere of this game can be chalked up to the engine, interface, and the fact that it feels pretty much like the old games but ported directly to a 3D world (meaning, few and static NPCs that don't animate much or well). It's a shame because the dialogue, choices and consequences, and the characterizations are so much closer to the original Fallout games that it hurts to be held back by the tech. I think this is the best Fallout since 2 (not saying much I guess); it's not even a contest. What's even more jarring is the completely shameless use of the soundtracks from FO1 and FO2. I think it's a huge improvement over the bombastic stuff from FO3, but it's really, really awkward to hear these tunes being shoe horned into a game that, although adheres significantly to the design principles of those games, also makes use of a lot of modern conventions (the actiony combat with cinematic angles, the Oblivion ( :killzone: ) feel retained by the engine, cheap excuses for inaccessible doors, etc.).

Edited by Cycloptis

Started God Of War 3, only about an hour in and so far its pretty much safe to say it's what I expected from God Of War. Not really a bad thing because I loved the first. Never played the 2nd but it doesn't really feel like this series evolved much even from the first. I'll reserve more judgement for when I spend more time with it, Kratos is such a bad ass and the game is really pretty too look at minus a few things here and there that aren't up to par with the rest of the visuals.