The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

Guest Golem

Finished Arkham City, boss fights could have had a little more meat to them but the game was fun throughout, traversing the city was awesome :datass: It's actually, in my opinion, the best looking game of 2011. I was looking at the character models and even the hooded political prisoners look great.

Finished Dead Island. City was alright, the shift to much more combat focused gameplay was a little disappointing but I still had some fun. Not enough fast travel locations and the removal of trucks made some of those side quests really, really tedious. Fuck everything about the jungle and prison, completely devoid of the exploration and survival-horror scavenging/danger that made the resort so enjoyable. Don't know why I bothered finishing it because that ending sucked balls.

Edited by DSG Hot Sauce

Finished Dead Island.

City was alright, the shift to much more combat focused gameplay was a little disappointing but I still had some fun. Not enough fast travel locations and the removal of trucks made some of those side quests really, really tedious.

Fuck everything about the jungle and prison, completely devoid of the exploration and survival-horror scavenging/danger that made the resort so enjoyable. Don't know why I bothered finishing it because that ending sucked balls.

I loved DI right up until the jungle then started getting burned out. I did every fuckign sidequest and only played a little bit online though.

What character did you use?

Finished Dead Island.

City was alright, the shift to much more combat focused gameplay was a little disappointing but I still had some fun. Not enough fast travel locations and the removal of trucks made some of those side quests really, really tedious.

Fuck everything about the jungle and prison, completely devoid of the exploration and survival-horror scavenging/danger that made the resort so enjoyable. Don't know why I bothered finishing it because that ending sucked balls.

I loved DI right up until the jungle then started getting burned out. I did every fuckign sidequest and only played a little bit online though.

What character did you use?

The chick with the sharp weapon bonuses.

Getting back into Dark Souls again. I've noticed that there's a lot of hackers now. I started up a new game got to bonfire in Undead Burg and I summoned someone (I'm still level 4 at this point) and this dude comes out with a lightning spear and havels shield, WTF? Then he dropped some items for me like a Fire Axe+5 and shit :ben:

I didn't think a better combat system would ruin a Silent Hill game but it makes Homecoming just way too easy, the tension is gone. /4 years behind.

Edited by DSG Hot Sauce

I didn't think a better combat system would ruin a Silent Hill game but it makes Homecoming just way too easy, the tension is gone.

/4 years behind.

Is the atmosphere at least good? Any decent puzzles?

I didn't think a better combat system would ruin a Silent Hill game but it makes Homecoming just way too easy, the tension is gone.

/4 years behind.

Is the atmosphere at least good? Any decent puzzles?

The environments are pretty good so far, typical Silent Hill fare there. The problem with the atmosphere is that you're fighting relatively often, there's no opportunity to dread what's coming. Ominous dog barking? Fight it fifteen seconds later. Hear a board creaking in the next room? Fight the monster making the noise.

I don't think I've run into very many puzzles so far, at least not many that I would consider puzzles. I mean I would have to do things like find gas for a generator, but the environments are linear enough that it didn't feel like anything more than point-to-point progression.