The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Picked up the Ico collection for $20.

Finally.

SotC is still phenomenal, I get chills every time the music swells around a Colossi and then the change once you finally embark on your climb. The HD paint is pretty nice but the most noticeable thing is the performance. IMO what keeps this game from aging poorly is how impressive the animation stuff is.

the music makes those boss battles for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrFL2zPc2uk

1:35 :bow:

Edited by -CM-
  • Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Finally.

SotC is still phenomenal, I get chills every time the music swells around a Colossi and then the change once you finally embark on your climb. The HD paint is pretty nice but the most noticeable thing is the performance. IMO what keeps this game from aging poorly is how impressive the animation stuff is.

the music makes those boss battles for me.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrFL2zPc2uk

1:35 :bow:

:bow:

Finally.

So true. What I find amazing is that, yea sure the PS2 had problems running the game, but this small ass team was pushing the hardware in ways never seen before. The animation, the scale... everything. :bow:

Man, Oath in Felghana is fucking rough. Playing it on Normal and it took me at least 20 tries to kill each of the first two bosses, considering bumping it down to easy but the regular enemies are already super easy so the non-boss segments would probably just get tedious if I did. Are bosses pretty frequent and/or can I just run past the regular sections without worrying about being under-leveled later on?

Man, Oath in Felghana is fucking rough. Playing it on Normal and it took me at least 20 tries to kill each of the first two bosses, considering bumping it down to easy but the regular enemies are already super easy so the non-boss segments would probably just get tedious if I did.

Are bosses pretty frequent and/or can I just run past the regular sections without worrying about being under-leveled later on?

its better to just kill all the enemies on your run through dungeons.

the great thing about the game's difficultly is that grinding is just so quick and painless. if you ever get stuck then it only takes 5-10 minutes to quickly gain a level or 2 as long as you move quickly, and thats enough to make a big difference when it comes to boss battles.

Edited by Twinblade

the 2nd owns as well, tho i got stuck and never managed to finish it :meh:

the only time i got stuck was when one puzzle didn't work right, even though i had the correct solution (the moonshine one). it took me several tries. i will play episode 2 tonight :glad:

jagged alliance back in action is surprisingly good now thats it all patched up. the meta game is really intimidating tho, and you only get enough money at the beginning of the game to buy like 2-3 mercs, so having to defend and attack sectors with a single squad makes it feel way more intense than your average TBS game.

Edited by Twinblade

Finishing up replay of ME2 with all the DLCs.

I've also started playing Dark Eye; CHains of Satinas..jesus christ, I've never seen 2D graphics come anywhere close to this thing...

it's gorgeous. i just hate the lip syncing and the awful voice acting.

I've also started playing Dark Eye; CHains of Satinas..jesus christ, I've never seen 2D graphics come anywhere close to this thing...

German voice overs are great. German voices + english subtitles are the way to go in most adventure games.

German voice overs are great. German voices + english subtitles are the way to go in most adventure games.

ahh i see. i saw the video with english dub.

Godhand. The camera and control quirks were easy to overlook before but now not so much. I don't think the combat holds up that well either. The game is still good but I don't enjoy the game as much as I did before.

Kingdom Hearts 3D seriously has some of the stupidest, poorly thought out mechanics i've ever seen in a game. You play as 2 characters with their own focus. In any other game the game would be perfectly designed to incoporate them into a single storyline, shifting back and forth between intervals. Or in some other games the game would just have you chose at the start of the game which to play as. Here you play as both at the same time and you manually shift back and forth with no logic or reasoning as to why rather than just because you want to. It makes no sense because I'm noticing them referencing stuff about the other character that i haven't got to yet in their storyline. The worst part is the idiots thought it would be clever that if the game feels you've spent too much time playing one character's story, it'd automatically throw you into the other character, EVEN RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A BOSS BATTLE. And when you shift back you have to restart the entire boss battle. :| I wondered how Square could pump what 'looked' like a solid entry out so quick, when (good) KH's usually take years of development time. BBS took 5 years, KH3D only took 2. Now after playing it I'm starting to understand. The game is so fucking sloppy and half-baked